Reviews for Marlboro Red
aadarshinah chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
beautiful. definatly not the typical blackwater story.
La.Tua.Cantante.83 chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Babe, you just keep hitting them out of the park, now don't you?

I'm not even a Jacob/wolf fan, and I loved this. Your careful details are what makes it fantastic. I think you really managed to capture Leah in this, and the feelings of the rez. I understood their life clearly through your writing. I normally wouldn't read something like this on my own, but I did because it's you. And I'm glad I did!
xsie chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Lovely and poignant. Nice to see the possible soft side of Leah
deenerneener chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
What a nice little gift for a packlover. Thanks for sharing it with us, too.

I enjoyed this interlude. Your attention to detail is precise and descriptive. I could easily see the dated Christmas decorations and hear the tinkly music. The emotional pitch was pretty dead-on, as well.

Good for Leah, that she was able to let go of her anger enough to apologize to Jacob and accept his gift. The bear carving was pretty darkly humorous.

All in all, good job! Thanks again.
Xaipre chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I remember coming across this in the Gift Exchange and thinking that maybe minisinoo had gotten roped into it. I kept on expecting Jasper to slide into the booth across from Leah.

I think it is excellent that you explored the fact that Leah really wants to "get out." Her bad attitude in BD really has a lot to do with the fact that she is exactly where she doesn't want to be. Whether that was explained very well is another matter. But here we can see her desperation and frustration.

And was that Jake's first kiss? Aw.
rameau chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
*ridiculousat* Did you just invent a new word or did it take ridiculously long for me to realise there's a space missing between two existing words? Either way, thank you for the laughs.

I think my dad used to smoke Malboro Reds, but he quit after his operation, so instead of concentrating on this fic my mind was flooded with memories of him smoking at our old house by the ancient fireplace.

She's trying to move on and he doesn't know yet that he'll have to do that too. It's easy to take little comfort from shared vices like smoking. There's also that little seed of friendship that doesn't quite get to blossom yet, if ever.
brankel1 chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I love it.
hilja chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I loved it! Beautiful and heartfelt. Great work.
o0FLAM3S0o chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
love it

great oneshot
philadelphic chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I've always liked Jacob and Leah. It's more than two wrongs making a right, it's a depth of understanding that comes from semi-requited love and loss. Beautifully written.
nosleep3 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
This is such a harsh, realistic portrait of Leah and of a small town. I love what you've done here. It feels like if this story isn't canon, it should be. Wonderful job!
songster chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I can see why you would enjoy writing Leah's voice. I think she has a lot to say. Who wouldn't given the emotional time bomb she was given. And don't even get me going on the living torture she endured once she phased and could hear everyone's thoughts. Gah... Was gonna say I would shoot myself, but, no, I would shoot someone, and it wouldn't be me. *smiling evilly*
AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
This depressed me a little- but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It really made me think more deeply about Leah as a person seperate from the whole Cullen-involved drama, and even somewhat separate from Sam and Emily. The simplicity of her life and circumstances- due to her limited income and opportunities (thus a more sheltered life spent among a small, close-knit, and somewhat clausterphobic community)- would make what happened with Sam and even seemingly mundane things like a crappy temporary job and plans for moving away seem MONUMENTAL in her mind. Plus, a grey malaise of depression seemed to color her whole world. I myself always thought Leah and Jacob should become a Steph Meyer thought that would be "too obvious" a thing to do, but it makes sense to me that they would lean on each other and help each other heal from Sam & Bella. Seriously, I have never liked the Jacob/Renessmee situation, and not just because of the age difference- The fact that Jake once had romantic and sexual feelings for Bella just makes it too creepy for me. But other ppl seem to like it ok. (shrugs)
Essay33 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Aw...it's poignant without being in the least sappy. As usual, I can totally picture what you've written in my mind; your prose is so eloquent.

I've always felt it a grave injustice that Jacob and Leah didn't end up together. You've only reinforced my opinion with this story.
Jacobleah chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I absolutely loved it. So well written and detailed and really sweet. It seemed as if you knew a lot about Forks and reservation life. It was lovely to see Leah and Jake as they were before they phased and their lives changed. Thank you for that.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »