Reviews for Forever Was Never 'til Now
marigold123 chapter 4 . 4/22/2011
I am glad that Bella told Edward her feelings and didn't fall into Edward's arms. I am sure in some way she wanted to...but Edward has lost Bella's trust. It will take some time. Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
Finally Edward sees that this connection he has to Bella is for a lifetime and then beyond. They will always be a part of each other and neither will be happy without the other. Loved Alice's part...and the love and comfort she gives Edward. Will Bella forgive him? Silly question! Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 2 . 4/22/2011
Edward is so sad and lost...yet he still won't go to Bella. Edward sees she is a shell of herself...he did this to her. He hasn't come to grip with the fact that a living death is worse than death. Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
I always hated this in part in New Moon. I always thought Edward was misguided and selfish. Edward doesn't give Bella credit for her own opinion. Looking forward to see how you show us this Edward.
k1942 chapter 7 . 4/6/2011
No doubt in my mind what Bella will choose, or has chosen. They both want forever with each other, so what could be simpler? Thanks for a nice, different interpretation of their love story, really enjoyed it.
k1942 chapter 2 . 4/6/2011
This guy just loves to rub salt in his own wounds, doesn't he? I always thought Edward was smart, but this is the dumbest move he's ever made. Wish he'd get a clue and come back to his Bella.
k1942 chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
This is heartbreaking, just as it was in New Moon, and for the same reasons. I still want to smack Edward upside his hard head, and I'm not referring to the fact of his marble-like body. Always have wanted to knock some sense into that boy! The sheer arrogance of him, thinking his way is the right and only way. It should occur to him that Bella is in this relationship with him and should have a vote. That's the trouble with being able to see both sides, I guess.
tds88 chapter 7 . 3/13/2011
As much as I would have loved for it to be said outright, I think I know what she chose or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part but either way I guess it makes me happy. Although this was a shorter story, only 7 chapters, it was a wonderful story. I really liked the prologue title. That was very clever.
reve2weaver chapter 7 . 3/11/2011
You did more with 7 chapters than some authors do with twenty-five. I really liked this short novella/ retelling. Although I am not a particular fan of the movie, and I probably would not have read this story based my aversion to that maudlin classic. I had I look since it was you, Lilybellis, and I am so glad I did. I really liked this ending. You did a lot with what you had to work with, and considering the limits of a canonical Edward, i thought it was a surprisingly good fit. Well written, touching and yet lots of things that felt new; lovely.
LauraAnn22 chapter 7 . 1/20/2011
No bad reaction here, you wrote a great short story and left the ending up to our imaginations, I can kind of see what she choose, but I can at the same time be blissfully naive if I would like and choose whichever I want for her.

Great story, great ending, very well written, thank you for writing and sharing :)
January chapter 7 . 1/14/2011
Great story. :)
nicnicd chapter 3 . 12/15/2010
Gasp!

Will she be angry? She hasn't had as much time to work through things in her head as in canon, maybe hasn't even heard him yet. I'M SO EXCITED.

Sadly, I have to wait to find out. It's all icy and nasty here, and I have to go to sleep so I can wake up earlier than normal and fight slippery roads. Boo. I'm coming back though, okay? Okay.

I love this so far though. You do an awesome job with emotion, sweets. Tugging on my heartstrings over here something fierce.
nicnicd chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Oh! He's going to see her while she's all insane! I shouldn't be so giddy, but I am.

Confession: when I was reading NM, I thought for the longest time the voice in her head was really him; like the need to be near each other even while they were apart opened up some door between them. I was obviously wrong.

Damnit, Stepenie, that could have been interesting.

Okay, I loved this chapter, too. I liked the image of the memory of his mom fading away like skipping stones. Pretty :)
nicnicd chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Why, hello there ;) You had me at It's A Wonderful Life. Very, very clever. And, seeings as NM is my thing, well... I'm all excited to actually read something before I go to sleep :) Fair warning: my reviews are never any good.

My lip quivered reading this, and...just beautiful: He loved her. He needed to save her. He had to leave her. He wanted to stay. He couldn't do-

oh, and pushing off Esme's hug, because he wanted to remember Bella's. Sigh.
DrawnToTheNight chapter 7 . 12/14/2010
this was a really good heart warming angst at the end.

keep writing