Reviews for Forever Was Never 'til Now
duramater chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
Your quote to start the chap off was so fitting! That scene in the meadow with Edward breaking down in front of Alice was painful but heartwarming at the same time. He finally realizes how much that Bella needs him and how much that he needs her in his life. Home.
duramater chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
The agony continues. If he could at least sleep, he’d have a break. But three long months, 24 hrs a day…he suffers. So much so, he is drawn to places that she had been. I loved the line you wrote where E is sitting in his car, outside of the restaurant. “Now, so many months later, that scent was no longer torture. It was comfort. It was life. It was home.” Edward, the compass pointed north. Follow it….
duramater chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
While I did read Midnight Sun on SM’s website, I never really contemplated E’s pov when he left Bella alone in the woods in New Moon. LB, you did a very good job of it; I think it is very close to what likely happened. When I first read NM, I had an inkling of what he was really doing, but I focused on Bella’s pain, and not so much on Edward’s. The agony that you describe is truly heartbreaking. He thinks himself a monster. He feels he deserves the pain. You write: “He wanted to keep it with him forever, as a reminder of what he'd wreaked when he'd tried so hard to be something he wasn't. Good. Human.” Gah!
Edward'sDJ chapter 7 . 3/10/2010
Beautiful story and beautifully written, however I'll always be wondering!
Edward'sDJ chapter 6 . 3/10/2010
It's great to see the idea of seeing what the world was like without him and how he'd affected Bella's life has made Edward embrace his second chance.

Interesting to see the reevaluation on Bella's part also...
Edward'sDJ chapter 4 . 3/10/2010
Bella is right to be wary. Edward has so much capacity to hurt her again, it would be very hard for her to trust him.
Edward'sDJ chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
A very sensitive portrayal of Edward's anguish.
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Lovely portrayal of a very sad scene.

(I admit I had to check the last chapter before I was brave enough to start this - I'm permanently scarred by New Moon...)
my1edward chapter 7 . 3/9/2010
Thanks so much for a lovely story. I really enjoyed it. I think Bella will eventually want to be changed, but I'm OK with it either way. They're happy and together, what more do you need?
Lenerol chapter 7 . 3/9/2010
After 4 years, Bella is still human and perhaps she chose to stay for now but said it will not change opinion, one day perhaps.

At another time

I add the original text to make me better understand

Au bout de 4 ans, Bella est toujours humaine et peut-être a-t-elle choisi de le rester, pour l'instant mais qui dit qu'elle ne changera pas d'avis, un jour peut-être.

Merci pour cette histoire

A une autre fois
sessahhh chapter 7 . 3/9/2010
What an interesting take on B/E's future together. I'm glad this wasn't another he leaves her, comes back, all is forgiven, he changes her, HEA kind of story. You really have to think about what kind of life they will have together especially if she chooses to remain mortal. I like this AU you wrote. It presents a rational variation on their time together, if Bella took a few years to decide. The question is, do they ever go all the way and if they do, won't that be icky when he's still 17 and she is twice and three times his age? Hehehe. Good job.
suzyq402 chapter 7 . 3/8/2010
Thanks for the beautiful story, Lilly! Its nice to see how their loves grows with age...
arfalcon chapter 7 . 3/8/2010
This was the perfect ending! And we didn't have to read between the lines - it was right there in the last line. If Bella asks for immortality, he'll give it to her.

I loved this, particularly the strong sense of family surrounding the holiday. You used the prompt to make a gift of love and forgiveness. This is a very special little story. Thank you for sharing it with us!
devadasi7 chapter 7 . 3/8/2010
she is going to become a vampire...i just know it!

great story...well, except for the open ending, but that wasn't bad, just open! : )
dazzled by wizards chapter 7 . 3/8/2010