Reviews for Point of No Return
Theresa chapter 8 . 7/23/2010
awesome! can't wait for the next.. update soon ... Thanks.!

The Honorable Arik Novak chapter 8 . 7/20/2010
Daaaaamn.

I thought I had ready all the good DBZ fanfiction here, but I was so wrong. I can't even remember how I stumbled upon this story, but how thankful I am that I did.

There are a lot of fics that have atrocious grammar and spelling mistakes, overused clichés, and no flow. But this is not one of them. This has some serious quality. I've enjoyed this well-written adventure, from the physical character descriptions, to Trunks' moral qualms. Particularly wrenching is Trunks' reaction to Vegeta. You write about the complex emotions without oversimplifying them to "wow, my daddy was a right bastard." Everything you describe pulls me in, and the action sequences are superb. Most writers cop out, but you, you get your hands dirty and write about the fight, punch by agonizing punch.

And I just absolutely love how you've managed to give life and personalities to all these characters. Even Raditz, who often seems like a downright villain at times, is shown to care about Goku (kakarot). Nappa isn't a complete idiot, just incredibly loyal, and Vegeta is Vegeta. The same proud prince of Saiyans we all love. But you've managed to keep him in character, even as we watch him in his most violent times. You haven't sugarcoated anything (thank you) and your writing flows from one sentence to the next, which inevitably leads to a frustrating cliffhanger!

If you need any help with your writer's block (not that I'm arrogant enough to think I'll be any great help), feel free to PM me. I find that I wished I had someone to bounce various ideas off of when I got stumped.

So thank you for this wonderful piece of fanfiction, and I'm going to visit your favorites to see if you've come across any other worthwhile fanfiction on this site...
Djulien chapter 8 . 7/12/2010
this is just a remarkable story...i just couldnt put this down...i feel like i was reading a lost saga of dragon ball z
j chapter 8 . 7/9/2010
awesome story! hope you're having a great summer & update soon!

i can't wait to see how the rest of this story develops.

poor trunks - he's trying to do the right thing but it keeps blowing up in his face :(

off to read your bv now - you're a really great writer :)
hydroxo chapter 8 . 7/2/2010
This story kicks ass! XD

But if you get severe writer's block or something please post "hiatus" or "I quit". We all luv you but don't leave us hanging.

I say this cuz what you are trying to do is really, really, REALLY, hard. Most writers that start a story like this ( /Vegeta adventure) don't finish.

The odds are against you my friend... but congratz on getting this far.
Phlogistics chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
Oh, this is absolutely excellent! Thank you so much for writing this fic!
i'm a quitter chapter 8 . 6/26/2010
O_O

I'm... pretty much speechless.

This story is still boss.

I still can't wait to read more.

i'm a quitter
Onba chapter 8 . 6/26/2010
O . . . M . . . G . . . This is . . . Lord, what do I say? Trunks! Oh, Trunks. The poor boy’s being ripped apart from the inside. Vegeta doesn’t have to break him the universe is doing that for him! This is so messed up. I want to hold on to hope, for both Vegeta and Trunks, but I really don’t see any kind of happy or semi-happy ending coming for this tragic story. It just doesn’t seem possible. I want it to be possible, though! Please! . . . I feel like crying now.
Majin Phoenix chapter 8 . 6/25/2010
I love this. I read through all the chapters, actually before today, and I thought I reviewed but I guess not. This story is great. I cannot wait for an update. Keep going please. I want to know what happens next.
i'm a quitter chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
I'm tired and I have to go to bed. But before I do, I have to say...

THIS STORY IS *****BOSS*****!

I can totally envision Vegeta acting like this, and the whole thing brought a thousand watt grin to my face. (It's probably wrong for his sadistic ways to make me laugh, but there's no help for that.)

Anyway, I definitely look forward to reading more!

i'm a quitter
RebeTay chapter 8 . 6/24/2010
Gah! I want to know what a 'pure heart' is! Keep on writing, I love this story! D
just a space duck chapter 8 . 6/24/2010
Your story is still the best written and characterized dbz story out there right now (until rumbugerry and Hirraed get updated) . I wonder if Raditz's fate will be the same. That said I do have two small gripes: why didn't Trunks just fly instead of running around in he woods for hours? Also, I find it hard to believe that a pod explosion would even really faze Trunks (vegeta has the excuse of being weakened) and he shouldn't even need to consider ssj against anyone but frieza. Of course I know power level stuff takes a back sear to the plot but there could have been other ways to take Trunks down.
Battosailover5 chapter 8 . 6/21/2010
that is such a bad way to end a chapter.
blissfulrain chapter 8 . 6/20/2010
Your story is really good and I'm enjoying it greatly. I love the concept you've come up with here and how you handle Vegeta and his old lifestyle. I really couldn't tell by just reading the chapter that you had difficulty with it. Please keep up with the good work.
evie chapter 8 . 6/18/2010
gah! super amazing update! can't wait for the next!
1,584 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 .. Last Next »