Reviews for The Caretaker's Lament
TagathaC chapter 1 . 6/30
When I saw this pairing, I must admit to being intrigued. What a very beautiful story you've told. I love so much that Filch has his own kind of magic in creating art inspired by beauty, allowing it to feed his soul. Filch is a character I had never given much thought to, but the way you exposed him makes him relentlessly relatable. Devastatingly beautiful. Many thanks!
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
Wonderful. Odd pairing, but wonderful.
tardisbluelady63 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Type your review here...
brighteyes chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Wow! This is breathtakingly beautiful, words cannot describe it. Thank you.
rEdRoSeSiNaUgUsT chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Babe...you did the impossible task on making my eyes well up. That takes extraordinary talent.
Shadows.in.the.moon chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Awwwwww truely cutest thing ive read poor filch, where did you think up hermione hugging snape? Did it happen in the book? Lol love yhe bribery jar :D
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Oh, my. This is very good indeed. I'm glad that someone realizes that Filch is worth talking to; what worse fate for a Squib than to be forced to clean up after generations of foolish children with gifts he would kill for.
Ember Kuzumi chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Embarrassingly enough, the beauty of this story made me cry. Literally. I just got to "this is what it felt like to fly." and I just started sobbing. I don't even know why!

Beautiul story, though. First story to make me cry in a long while. Absolutely stunning. Keep writing, you've got real talent.

Yours,

Tiff
Lia Felix chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I applaud you.
You made me cry.
This was beautiful.
duj chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Excellent work, as usual (although I'm not convinced orgasms belong in a K story). You see the humanity in every character you write about. (I'd like to see you do Voldemort, Bellatrix, MacNair or Pettigrew.)

JK wanted us to feel sympathy for Lupin, who is handicapped through no fault of his own, yet Filch is at least equally handicapped in the Potterverse and equally through no fault. Yet who really deals with their situation better? Lupin puts on a good face and pleasant smile for everyone he meets (except Snape), but he repeatedly and routinely takes risks with other people's lives, like an HIV-sufferer who sleeps around without *protection*. Filch is sour and jealous and petty, but dutiful and hard-working. He is vengefully cruel, but only to those who offend (however unwittingly). It is Lupin who poses the most threat, for his endangerment is indiscriminate.
IND520 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This is really amazing. I've never really given Filch much mind, but now I find myself much more curious about him. You really gave him a lot of dimension in this story and I felt rather angry at the indignities he experienced throughout his life because he is a squib. That his parents were so disappointed in him for being born without magic-as if it was somehow his own fault-made me very sad. The ending was beautiful. An experience of a lifetime.

Beautiful story!
monkeemary chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Wow, that was really beautiful. Thank you. I hardly ever think about Filch, I'm sorry to say. I will now.
Sida'orsii chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I almost cried. In fact, I think I might have. This is, perhaps, the saddest and most beautiful thing I've ever read.
BlazeVein chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
WOW, just WOW. You are brilliant.

I'd been interested in Filch character for years, and this is the best thing I read.

Thank you very much.
DanceswithHippogriffs chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
wow... this was actually ... good! i can't believe it!