Reviews for The Cave
alicelouise'x chapter 16 . 2/27/2011
I.. Freaking.. Love.. You! Seriously. This is amazing, and I read The Assassin and The Clown and you made me love Daiken! Seriously, I neeeeed more ;L
eras14 chapter 16 . 2/16/2011
HI! I love your story, please update soon.

but one question - what happened to matts instrument which was stollen? At first I thought oh my god there will happen something - crazy fan, envy girl/boy but than nothing!

(sorry my english is very bad - i am german)

Bye
Vergil D. Sparda chapter 3 . 1/27/2011
Your story is... decently written enough. I don't have a strong opinion either way. Except you speak as though you know things... when you don't.

1. If you're going to use all their English names, it looks really jarring just to decide to use "Jyou". That's not even the way most purists write it - there is no "y", it's just "Jou". Even FFNet has it this way. I admit, it's more personal preference, but the "y" really is so unneccessary. Also, "T.K." is written like that and not "TK".

2. I assume you've decided to keep Taichi's last name as "Kamiya" (dub change) and not "Yagami" (Japanese). If not, I just told you. Most stick to the original, "Yagami".

3. It's not a big deal to call "football" soccer. Chill. Even the Japanese call it soccer. Some people in the world do, you know.

4. You have to be 18 to be able to drive in Japan.

5. Yamato and Takeru are FULL BROTHERS. They are FULL BROTHERS in both the original Japanese AND the English dub. The "confusion" came up when, in the first few episodes of the English dub, Matt tells Tai that T.K. is his half brother. That was a dubbing error made by the English dubbers, who quickly realized their mistake but couldn't fix it, and just acted like Matt never ever said that, because for the rest of the English dub, it was obvious Matt and T.K. were full brothers with the same two parents. The English dubbers have acknowledged their early mistake, and them being "half brothers" is NOT canon in either the English dub or the Japanese or whatever version. They are full brothers in Japanese, full brothers in English, and what have you. So you got that mixed up.

Of course, you can make them half brothers in your story if you want to. Just don't go off about them actually being half brothers in the original version, because they are full brothers in every version (especially the Japanese). It was a simple English dubbing mistake.

6. Surprise, this is actually about a grammatical error. So many people make this mistake it's silly. Read:

"What you saw in that hallway between me and Matt-" Davis began.

"Matt and I," Ken corrected, thumping the boy on the back of the head when he glared at him. "You can get an A in math, but forget proper grammar."

Yeah, except... Ken is wrong, and Davis is actually right. "Matt and I" is not ALWAYS the correction of "me and Matt", FYI. I don't know why hordes of people get taught that in bad high schools. A very easy way to tell WHICH is the correct grammatical term is to say the sentence out loud WITHOUT the other person in it. For example, "What you saw in that hallway between me and Matt" - say it without "Matt". Which of the following sounds better?

"What you saw in that hallway between me"

OR

"What you saw in that hallway between I"

...

The first one, right? The second one is ridiculous (like someone trying to sound pompously "proper" and actually hilariously failing at English). Therefore, ding ding, the correct grammatical term is "me and Matt". It's not that hard.

Want another example? But of the reverse? "Matt and I went to the pool". But is it "Matt and I" or "me and Matt"? So, again, take out "Matt" to see if the sentence makes sense:

"I went to the pool"

OR

"Me went to the pool"

Obviously this time the "I" wins over the "me". It is "Matt and I went to the pool" because "I went to the pool" is the grammatically sound way of saying it. You cannot say "Me and Matt went to the pool" because "Me went to the pool" is obviously crappy English. I think you get it now.

7. Nancy is the English dub name of Matt and T.K.'s mother. Her Japanese name is Natsuko. And, just to be clear, she did indeed give birth to both Yamato and Takeru. With the same daddy.

Your arrogance of "knowledge" was annoying. It was more annoying when it's so, so wrong. So I corrected (some of) it.
KeruKeru chapter 16 . 1/27/2011
Tai has weird little kid dreams. lol Um... not much to say... this chapter ws a little more intense then I usually like to read, so I didn't enjoy it as much as the others, but it was still amazing, like all the other chapters. :)

MrGooseyMoose chapter 15 . 1/9/2011
Wow! About time these two sorted it out! XD

Ahem...aaaaalrighty then! I'm not gonna go on about how awesome I htink you are as a writer, because I'm pretty sure I've already done that haha. Yes, your style is completely, and utterly, sound. So let's move onto the content! It was drawn out really well, but not for long enough to make it become painful, or boring, to read. Awesome! Also, I loved how Tai was portrayed as he went through his rough patch; angry, hurt and reckless (in that he wouldn't hear Matt out). I really can imagine that this is how our fav lil brunette in the world would act, given this situation. Brill.
KeruKeru chapter 15 . 1/8/2011
Aww! Such a fluffy ending! Makes me wish my boyfriend lived near me. :) We'd make out like that every night! lol

Blaze Snow chapter 14 . 11/24/2010
Typical Daisuke( i don't like saying Davis) how can anyone be that dense?
MrGooseyMoose chapter 14 . 11/23/2010
... '(

WHHHYYYYYYYYYY? WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL? '(

...'(

Ahem...ok, now that I've got that out of my system...

...'(

WHHHYYYYYYYYYY?

Nope, seemed like I had more crying to do. Ok, I'm good now. Ahem...yeah, it was well written; the events were beautifully structured and, as I'm sure you can tell from my reaction, incredibly emotional. That's a good thing...so long as it gets sorted out soon ;) hahaha

Awesome chapter. Oh, and Daisuke DOES sound better than Davis methinks... )
KeruKeru chapter 14 . 11/22/2010
I know Tai can be a little dumb sometimes, but why would he think that Matt's cheating on him with a twelve year old? DX That's like pedophile or something!

Also, I like his name as Daisuke too. :3 It makes him sound cuter.

MrGooseyMoose chapter 13 . 11/21/2010
Hey, I liked how that worked out! D Awesome! Now I'm gonna have to wait for more, though...sigh...

Thanks for writing such an awesome fic about my favy pairing; it's been a great read this afternoon, and I look forward to future updates! D
MrGooseyMoose chapter 12 . 11/21/2010
Ahem...

Shaking in anger and unaware of the short redhead watching from the door, he yelled, "TAICHI!" Somewhere out on the soccer field, a horrible shiver ran through a brunette's spine, causing him to trip and fall. He just knew he was in deep shit this time.

That was amazing. Just thought i'd point it out. )

And what an amazing way to stop him smoking! Good idea; I'm loving Tai's ultra anti-nicotine attitude - good boy Tai! Keep your Yama healthy...although, I'm sorry he's scarred...sigh...
MrGooseyMoose chapter 11 . 11/21/2010
! ( WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING!

Great chapter; fun, interesting and heart warming. Tai's cute, even if he's a bit unempathatic at times haha. Cool. D
MrGooseyMoose chapter 10 . 11/21/2010
Aaaaah I liked the chapter, again, yet I'm left feeling afraid that something's coming...

Still, aside from my paranoia, I want to compliment you on your versatility as a writer; I don't think I've mentioned it, yet, but you've done action, susspense, romance, humour etc...all to great effect. I'm left pondering a the question - is there anything you can't write well?
MrGooseyMoose chapter 9 . 11/21/2010
Aww, I kinda don't wanna read anymore just in case something bad happens...THAT WAS SO AWESOME! D

...don't let something bad happen after all this awesomeness, please? ( hahahahaha
MrGooseyMoose chapter 8 . 11/21/2010
OOOOOOOOOO me likey! )

Ahem...that was cool; if this was a film, the fast action music would have started up now as Yama runs into the distance...sorry, I'm getting tired... ;p

Great chapter, once again; I'm glad to finally have a reason to like Sora...well, to abide Sora...haha. Looking forward to where this is headed! )
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »