Reviews for Though Words Come Hindmost
Jeez. I almost cried at this, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of books, movies, etcetera that have made me cry. Your writing style is very good.
ButterscotchCandybatch chapter 6 . 8/23/2013
Loved this! Dark, yes, but intimate and longing so well drawn. And I like the Epilogue too - finishes it off beautifull! Thanks for writing!
Terahlyanwe chapter 6 . 2/13/2013
The last chapter was so heartrending! I cried, I'll admit it. At my university. With people around.

I heartily enjoyed the original/BBC Sherlock parallels and crossovers, though. :)
WingedSheep chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
Brilliant. Simply amazing.

Reading the first chapter I was wondering how will you manage to make the story fluent using the letter form. And now, after reading it all, I can undoubtedly say, that your work is splendid. Not only the plot was interesting, it was deep and emotional as well. Your analisis of emotions rather than actual happenings makes the whole work more real, more serious and professional.

What is more, when I saw that there will be an extra chapter with happy ending, I thought it would be just an ordinary fluff and absolutely out of context. You once again astonished me. The combination of two lives as well as the idea of reincarnation was very well written.

On that note, I must praise you for your grammatic, since it is truly nice to read the story without any visible mistakes.

So once again, bravo, it was a truly enjoyable reading.
Kitty-Kat's Meow O.o chapter 6 . 1/12/2011
It made me cry, i still am as i write this. i think the happy ending is what got me, your story is the first make me bawl, ive teard up before but not this bad, so i congragulate you -if not somewhat akwardly- keep writing

TT-TT good luck with whatever you may pursue.
sehen chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
I've read many fanfics in the past that have made me say 'aww' and 'that's so sweet', but never have I had read one that has made me as emotional as this one.

Granted, it was a bit sad, but I think that made it even better. They were perfectly in character and it wasn't all fluff.

This was just beautifully written and I loved it.

Excellent work. (:
Intrepid Inkweaver chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
As I sit here and bawl my eyes out, I figured I would leave a note saying that this was truly incredible work to evoke this much emotion.
hotflower901 chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
well done
ARandomFangirl chapter 6 . 8/2/2010
Wow...I am completely and utterly speechless. Seriously. *standing ovation*

You literally brought me to tears. Let me say that again. You LITERALLY brought ME to tears. I know you don't know me, but let me tell you that is saying a lot. It is EXTREMELY rare for me to cry over works of fiction and I do watch/read a lot of sad things. In fact, the only time I can remember crying over the end of Marley and Me.

I was teary-eyed all through the forth and fifth chapter. I mean, the fact that they obviously loved each other but wasted it being foolish was sad enough. But the paragraph that finally made me bawl was:

""Stay with me?"

"I'll stay John" I choked back emotion, and somewhere in my withered heart I knew that once you fell asleep you wouldn't wake up. I couldn't explain it, but it was knowledge as clear as any fact, and just as bold in the recesses of my mind. I saw you move over in the bed slightly and read your intent carefully before acting, sliding in next to you, holding you gently like a fragile china doll. I was not much concerned about doctors catching me, for I would be able to hear their approach and move out of my compromising position, but for the moment I contented my sorrows with the feeling of having you in my arms after so so long. Your skin fought against the coldness of creeping death and retained some warmth that I added mine to, your head resting tiredly against my collarbone as I wrapped my arms around you to keep you close. It was just you and me in that moment, and as you slipped into slumber, I whispered my secret in your ear, not knowing if you heard me. I pressed a kiss to your forehead and held you close like a child, rocking you slightly and humming a tune I remembered my mother singing to me when I was younger. Our small bubble existed out of any reality, and for that moment, I could pretend that we had had this forever.

That night you died in my arms."

You portrayed so well the emotions and intensity they were feeling - that even though they knew Watson would be dead soon, they still wanted to forget all of that for a little while. The humming and rocking got me bawling...It was the pure tenderness and comforting, something so loving and compassionate and just UGH. Even typing about it makes me all choked up again.

But I digress...

You're not just one of the best Sherlock Holmes writers or even the best fanfic writers. You're honestly one of the best flat-out writers I've ever read. You write exactly the way I like it - lots of inner struggle and turmoil, but still with descriptions of what's going on outside. The way you seamlessly blended inner turmoil with external actions is flawless and something I've seen few writers be able to do, let alone fanfic authors.

But even beyond that, you're able to craft words together in such a way that's very...human. Some authors I find tend to fall on stereotypes instead of understanding the characters - you know, Holmes the degenerate and Watson who is constantly cleaning up his mess. But its not just about that and you get it. You're able to portray the characters so realistically and so in character its a wonder that they're not yours. Even in the direst of situations, you're still able to make sure that Holmes and Watson still portray that sense of identity throughout and not resort to catch-all phrases that any old character could use. And I mean no exaggeration when I say that literally every single sentence of yours is pure poetry at its highest form. Not to mention I thought the concept was very interesting and unique.

Just...amazing. Purely amazing. Well-done all around. I can't compliment you enough. I'll just end the review here for now, but know that I could read this 1000 times over (which would be enjoyable in and of itself) and each time find something new to compliment you with. So if you ever want to know my opinions on something or ask what I thought I'd be more than glad to. I just can't shut up about how much I like this story. Cheers!
semirrhage chapter 6 . 7/30/2010
That was lovely, just lovely.
WaterSpirit1 chapter 5 . 6/19/2010
That was beautiiful and the tears are pouring down my face as I write this review. Terribly moving.
Curreeus chapter 5 . 4/9/2010
You literally made me cry. I'm serious.

You...killed Watson...

I'm just going to...you know...curl up in my corner now. And cry again.

Is the extra chapter where they meet up in "heaven", or is it an alternate ending? cos I'm fine with either, as long as they end up together. You should feel very bad for putting them through so much hell. ):
mildetryth chapter 5 . 3/25/2010
In a wretched way, this was unbelievable beautiful. thank you for writing this.
lenniiee chapter 5 . 3/24/2010
This was so sweet and angsty at the same time, I actually cried *shock horror*

Really well written :) x
Lucy'sDaydreams chapter 4 . 3/23/2010
Oh, so breath-taking. Long, but so in character. So perfectly what he would say. Onward to Sherlock!