Reviews for Self Preservation
Maddy Love Castiel chapter 46 . 9/9/2013
Magnificent! Just incredibly written and fantastic! This story really is one of the best fanfictions on this site! This story right here is the reason why I'm so glad that fanfiction exists. :D

Thank you so much for sharing! I absolutely love happy endings and your story did not disappoint. Perfect way to end a fabulously written story! Can I just say that not only is the way Harry addressing Severus as his 'Fessor the cutest thing I've ever read but you stuck to the characters very well! :) Even loved Tima she was a great addition to the story. I'm so happy she and Sirus found each other. :)

Thanks again hun! *Hugs*

Maddy
BlackRoseFire chapter 46 . 9/5/2013
Awesome story. I loved how Tom went out with not even a whimper.
Waffles Risa chapter 46 . 9/1/2013
I think I just died in heaven from an acute bout of cuteness-induced-choking. Yes. You have killed me with the fluffiness. :) I hope you're happy haha :D
TheFireflyofLight chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
The concept of this is very interesting. I was surprised about the McGonagall X Dumbledore pairing. I almost never see them together, especially since JKR said that Dumbledore was gay. I used to ship them back when I first started reading the books before OOTP came out so it was a pleasant surprise. Everything was well put together and written. You also don't see many writers addressing Harry's abuse so this chapter is pretty amazing. Can't wait to finish the rest of the story.
writeratheart007 chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
I would love to see a sequel doe to this even if its just a little 2-3 chapter ditty but I have to say I thought you did wonderfully. The ONLY thing is you never compensated for the prophecy and how instead it wasn't harry at all. Though you did mention it a couple of times in the beginning. :)
misherukuro chapter 46 . 8/4/2013
Simply Precious ,
turtledonkey27 chapter 46 . 7/24/2013
I adored this story whole-heartedly. Probably one of my top 5 Snape adopts Harry stories ever. Snape was my favorite kind of cranky and fully in denial about how he was beginning to care for Harry, staunchly defending him once he started to figure it out, and generally being awesome once he pulled his head out of his rear.

I'm relieved that he didn't get together with Vector for some reason. Not that I didn't like her, but it just wasn't right. Thank you for being one of the few authors who doesn't introduce an unmarried character of the right persuasion and circumstances and automatically pair them off. I would have liked to see the relationship with Lila develop, but I guess you had to cut it off somewhere (though I wouldn't argue with a sequel! A girl can dream). And Sirius...meh. I think the way you've done it is pretty realistic. I get tired of stories where he jumps out of prison, takes a bath, and is suddenly the most loving and stable parental figure ever born. He was impulsive and insensitive, and people really try to ignore that. I suppose I do the same with Snape, but I love him and I'm willing to see past that. :) Details!

Best end to Voldemort I've seen in a while...he just became a non-entity. So un-dramatic. I can almost see his ghost wailing and shaking his fists in frustration and indignation as he fades away with a fizzling squeak. I rarely write long reviews but this was so awesome that I'm going for it. Wish you'd write more either in this particular story or similar plotline, but I won't hold my breath. Great job!
Srta.Kinomoto chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Great story! Love it!
Severus Draconis Potter chapter 46 . 6/20/2013
That ending was abrupt like you got tired of writing..well at least you had a ending...
Severus Draconis Potter chapter 21 . 6/19/2013
I was blinking back tears the whole time...this chapter was so emotionally charged. And 'fessor Sev'rus the way Harry says it is so adorable
Mari92 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I must say that I like where this story is going, but I'm not sure if I like how you wrote it. I'm also not sure how to describe what I feel when I read the beginning... It got better closer to the end when Snape arrived, yet everything before that felt... stilted? As I said I'm not really sure how to explain myself.

I love this little Harry though and as I mentioned before the ending, the best part of the chapter and I can't wait to continue reading onto the next chapter.
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Ps. But if my constructive criticism felt a big jarsh, I did love the puffskein! Want one so badly! It was so cute! And the clever bit with it eating rat Peter! And Peeves' riddles were great and the things you figured out for the whole horcruxes storyline was good too!
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 46 . 6/14/2013
Hey,
This was a very interesting and intriguing. It's not something I would normally read but have been reading some more varied fics lately like young Harry and Snape ones. Your good writing and clever character portrayal kept me reading the whole way through. I think you made an unbelievable idea believable especially at first. But I did feel that the end was rushed. All of a sudden you just tied everything up and the fic was over. And right when it might have become even more interesting with the Sirius angle.
Little Harry was so cute and I enjoyed the different portrayals of Snape and Albus and McGonnagal. I thought that while Snape adopting Harry worked it was inappropriate to change his name completely. Why not have the Snape added on? It felt like Snape's hatred of James Potter coming through and a betrayal of his parents. I appreciate Snape wouldn't talk about James for obvious reasons so that works but that the others in his life would have talked to him about both parents more. While it was important for Harry to have a new real person in his life, it would be sad for him to never know about his parents and see wizarding pictures and suchlike and that angle wasn't really considered. I did enjoy Minerva's story about him as a baby with the magical ficus. You had some lovely imaginative ideas like that throughout.
Roseandkovu chapter 30 . 5/25/2013
I admit, I cannot stand parts of this fic, frankly, Minerva and albus bore me and I dislike the introduction and character of septima. That said, the parts from Harry's perspective are delightful and charming and perfect and keep me coming back for more, plus I love gruff but lovin Snape, overall a very cute fic.
jeanette9a chapter 46 . 4/29/2013