Reviews for Self Preservation
Mari92 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I must say that I like where this story is going, but I'm not sure if I like how you wrote it. I'm also not sure how to describe what I feel when I read the beginning... It got better closer to the end when Snape arrived, yet everything before that felt... stilted? As I said I'm not really sure how to explain myself.

I love this little Harry though and as I mentioned before the ending, the best part of the chapter and I can't wait to continue reading onto the next chapter.
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Ps. But if my constructive criticism felt a big jarsh, I did love the puffskein! Want one so badly! It was so cute! And the clever bit with it eating rat Peter! And Peeves' riddles were great and the things you figured out for the whole horcruxes storyline was good too!
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 46 . 6/14/2013
This was a very interesting and intriguing. It's not something I would normally read but have been reading some more varied fics lately like young Harry and Snape ones. Your good writing and clever character portrayal kept me reading the whole way through. I think you made an unbelievable idea believable especially at first. But I did feel that the end was rushed. All of a sudden you just tied everything up and the fic was over. And right when it might have become even more interesting with the Sirius angle.
Little Harry was so cute and I enjoyed the different portrayals of Snape and Albus and McGonnagal. I thought that while Snape adopting Harry worked it was inappropriate to change his name completely. Why not have the Snape added on? It felt like Snape's hatred of James Potter coming through and a betrayal of his parents. I appreciate Snape wouldn't talk about James for obvious reasons so that works but that the others in his life would have talked to him about both parents more. While it was important for Harry to have a new real person in his life, it would be sad for him to never know about his parents and see wizarding pictures and suchlike and that angle wasn't really considered. I did enjoy Minerva's story about him as a baby with the magical ficus. You had some lovely imaginative ideas like that throughout.
Roseandkovu chapter 30 . 5/25/2013
I admit, I cannot stand parts of this fic, frankly, Minerva and albus bore me and I dislike the introduction and character of septima. That said, the parts from Harry's perspective are delightful and charming and perfect and keep me coming back for more, plus I love gruff but lovin Snape, overall a very cute fic.
jeanette9a chapter 46 . 4/29/2013
awe love it! XD
Guest chapter 46 . 4/5/2013
The fact that you did not write a sequel to this is so not okay with me.
Guest chapter 40 . 4/5/2013
Man, you're good at this.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
AwwwwwwWWWWW poor little squirt :')
morgannac64 chapter 46 . 3/27/2013
I liked it. the ending was a bit abrupt. Harry and Severus were perfect.
SweetSouthernGal chapter 46 . 3/23/2013
I enjoyed this story. Very cute and sweet, and quite realistic a portrayal of Snape. Loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Vishal chapter 46 . 3/15/2013
Mikee chapter 46 . 3/2/2013
Loved the story.!

I especially liked that there really wasn't any major angst or fighting. It really is a rather sweet story.

Thank you.
Guest chapter 46 . 2/28/2013
nice :)
Spannerspoon chapter 46 . 2/20/2013
Awww! Loved it, hehe Snape playing football :)

Brilliantly written fic, thoughly enjoyed!
Lumcer chapter 46 . 2/12/2013
This was a great story! I liked the way things went about I loved that you made Harry and peeves friends, completely suburb! Wish there had been some interaction with Harry and the students but maybe it's better that there wasn't. Thanks afford the tale!

2,637 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »