Reviews for Self Preservation
shigeki11 chapter 7 . 3/19/2010
AHH!

Harry is so adorable! and Severus's reaction...priceless!

I'm lovin' your fic so far! Can't wait for the next one!

~shige
Viva Palestina chapter 6 . 3/19/2010
My computer kept logging me off everytime I wanted to leave a review...so fingers crossed ;)

But I've forgotten everything I wanted to say...

Love the slytherin Harry, and my someones going to be a smart boy when he grows up ;)

Cant wait for more!

p.s If I move my birthday to tomorrow can I have a chapter too?
ktfranceebee chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
That was amazing! And so cute! I can tell this story is gonna go in the direction I'm hoping for it to go. :D
LLALVA chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
Hello: Young Harry is so lovely! And poor Snape, he is not going to be able to let Harry go. Your story is great! Keep writing. LL
tambrathegreat chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
Lovely chapter. You are keeping Snape in character but making him more human than in cannon. I really liked his grumbling about being called 'fessor Snape. Thanks for sharing this.
grugster chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
It was so great and realistic that Harry didn#t believe it was his room.

My favorite line:

"It's not mine, sir. I've never seen it before."

"Are you being an idiot on purpose?" he snapped and the boy looked at him with his bright green eyes again and after a moment's hesitation, merely shook his head.

That is those great humor I never can get too much of!

I love Minerva as well and I'm glad she is part of the story.

Sunny
grugster chapter 5 . 3/18/2010
I can't even express how much I like this story. It is so cute. I love your Severus and Harry. I love all those Batman comments. It's great and in this story you have added so much of your humor I love so! PLease go on writing on it! It is the BEST stroy ever!
Dolosus chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
I absolutely love your characterization of Severus. I've read many stories with the same plot line (because, let's be fair, there's a lot of them), and I must say that this is one of my favorites. I love all interactions between Harry and Severus, especially when they're from Severus' point of view. Brilliant. I hope you continue your writing, and job well done :)
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
I am so enjoying this tale! Thank you for sharing it with us. your Severus is 'just right,' and Harry, in finding everything Severus does to be good, is adorable.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 5 . 3/17/2010
I am so pleased to see not one but two chapters for me to read for my bedtime tale! thanks. This is a sweet story, and I love the way you are depicting Harry and Snape.
Isa Asi chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
Very nice chapter
wickedwench1 chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
I saw the update on my email this morning and waited patiently all day to read this chapter - it was well worth the wait! I loved the interchange with Minerva and Harry is just precious! The book made me giggle!
Moewe24aol.com chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
First of all, thank you very much for your good wishes. I feel honoured.

It was a funny chapter to read, this one. Poor Severus - again! Seems as if he has to start to learn right from the basics when it comes to dealing with little children, and especially with those who have had to experience such horrible things already in their early years. The latter might be hard even for experts, but for Severus, oh my! Thinking that Harry acts like an idiot, or even IS one, just because he is so stunned by all he sees in this beautiful room and cannot grasp the idea that this might be for him, and for him only. Such a room would stun even a spoilt child, I think. The very dream of rooms. But in the end, Severus starts to realize that he himself might have acted like that, had he ever had the opportunity to move into such a room as a child. No, he is wrong... his own past IS important that very moment, it is the key for coming to understand and to care for the boy (and for not being so grumpy all the time, because he himself would have asked as many questions as Harry, had he been the child).

;-) no, of course the boy (or fiend *grins*) is not allowed to call him by his first name yet. But I bet there will be the day he starts to like the boy so much that it will be normal to be called Severus by him.

If i only knew what 'Eigentor' means in English! For I think that that's what Severus did when trying to be mean and giving the boy the (surely complicated) potions book to read first. I am sure this move will come back onto him, either when Harry gets so involved in the subject of potions that he will pester him with question after question and will ask for practical lesson after lesson, or maybe when the book is indeed too complicated for him yet and he will just ask even more questions because he does not understand every second sentence. We shall see.

Love

Moewe (aka 'She-who-prays-to-the-Earth') :-D
Alabaster Princess chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
Lol, I can only imagine the horror Snape must have felt on entering! I bet he had to have a good long sit down in the comforting creepy gloom of his office! ;)

good psychology there on Snape's part with the door!

lol, minn not so good with the 'explaining to harry without confusing him' so sweet of sev,the way he tells him all matter-of-fact so the child cannot possibly dispute!

lol at the pig snout/tail bit ;)

hugs are cute. very cute ;)

and the final paragraph? *aww.

so cute,really. very cute and sweet and i will soon get toothache from the sweetness ;) good though!
iloveshimmer chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
Harry's running and shrieking Snape's impatience and snappiness a very cute sight.
2,641 | « Prev Page 1 .. 154 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 174 .. Last Next »