Reviews for Self Preservation
Overfiled chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
Hello!
I like your story very much. Do you mind if I translate it into russian on ?
Emrysa chapter 46 . 6/26/2016
Wonderful! :)
SusanMarieS chapter 46 . 5/27/2016
Absolutely love this story. Wonderfully original.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 46 . 5/23/2016
I did not see the final pairings coming. I thought Septima would end up with Snape. And I didn't understand why you killed Xenophilus and not Lila. Good job.

The story does need another editing pass to get rid of some more errors. This story is enjoyable enough that I'm going to favorite it even with the errors.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 43 . 5/23/2016
You don't have much pity for Sirius, do you? According to canon, Hagrid got there first because Dumbledore sent him as soon as the wards had fallen, presumably because he had a ward monitor in place. Dumbledore did not contact Sirius at all, and did not instruct Hagrid to give the child to Sirius if he asked for him. Sirius went to Godric's Hollow because he felt led to visit Peter and didn't find him at home, and no sign of a struggle at his house. He asked Hagrid for Harry but was refused, and couldn't forcibly take him from a half-giant who was physically stronger than he was and also resistant to magic. And Hagrid didn't say anything about taking him to the Dursleys, which Sirius would never have agreed to. Only when Hagrid assured Sirius that Harry would be safe with Hagrid, and that Hagrid would not give him up did Sirius go after Pettigrew. It sounds to me like you're trying to blame the victim here. The last thing Sirius expected to happen was to be thrown into Azkaban without anyone even properly interrogating him, and to be stuck in that hellhole for years without a trial. And the last place he would have expected Hagrid to take the child would have been the Dursleys.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 27 . 5/23/2016
Snape is a better liar than most. I would not be able to keep a straight face and tell a child that a curse scar could turn him into a girl. I'd want to get a bit closer to the truth and tell him it might turn him into a monster. Voldemort turned himself into a monster and if he was able to possess Harry through his scar he would, indeed, turn him into a monster as well.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 21 . 5/23/2016
"How he had wished that someone, back then, had held him this way." Someone is chopping onions near me... or maybe a bit of grit got in my eye... yeah, that's it, grit got in my eye.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/18/2016
Cute!
Irie27 chapter 46 . 4/3/2016
This story of yours is really mind-boggling,mind you.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 6 . 3/3/2016
Ugh. I'm so frustrated with Snape. He really is NOT good with children.
And my heart breaks for Harry, too-he's entirely convinced that Severus is nice, kind, gentle, and is 'only joking' when really he's being an ass.
choris antapodosi chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Dumbledore is STRIGHT!?
tanilc chapter 46 . 1/27/2016
Really great story I am sad to see it end thanks
kurosakiami01 chapter 46 . 1/7/2016
Aaaaw this was utterly adorable! :3 The ending felt a little bit rushed, but it was nice all the same. I especially loved Voldy's final demise. Vanished by Narcissa Malfoy. LOL!

Thank you so much for sharing! I enjoyed reading it a lot! :)
Guest chapter 46 . 1/6/2016
Lovely story well written
littleditto chapter 46 . 12/3/2015
Aside from some grammer issues, this is really good. I'm surprised you have old Voldie really dead before Harry left for Hogwarts, and that we didn't actually see him going to the school. But that's not a bad thing.
I do have one question though. I don't remember reading if Minerva and Albus reconciled or not. She kept saying she would but putting it off, and at the end she only talked about being happy with Harry. Did I just miss it, or...
Off to look at what else you wrote
2,647 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »