Reviews for Family Resemblance
Verisimilitude1218 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Good story, people ignore Sayu alot so this was a good change. Also Ryuk seemed somehow creepier than usual...but nice touch
RayLedgend chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh, not bad. Better than I could write P But one complaint . . . please keep the Japanese to a minimum. That beginning really through me off. I was all like "who's Okasan? And what's a genkan?" Broke me out of the reading mood for a small bit.

But outside that complaint, I really found myself engrossed here. I don't find myself entertained on this site very easily, so good job P
Funky Bracelet Chick chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
lol. if sayu really HAD taken the notebook, i would have LOVED to see the look on light's face when he found it was missing. and then him having a mental spazz attack would be priceless. ]]
Pinkie chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Sweetness! This was a pretty cool story :)
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Sweet. This was a great read! I really did enjoy it,too bad its looks like it was a oneshot...or was it? Perhaps she ragains her memories of that night later on? Just an idea.

Anyways, thanks for this nice treat of a read.
RainingArrows chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
hm, this was a very interesting fic Sempai. I myself am not a big fan of Light either (that's putting it lightly lol) but this was a nice insight for Sayu. I always felt that she was a really peppy, slightly ditzy girl. But to see how her thoughts can be so similiar to Light's is a bit scary (even though they're siblings lol) And Ryuk, his attempt at manipulating her was no way out of the usual, which is what I like about him lol. So all in all, I really liked this fic, it was a really nice read. :3
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Wow, I loved it. The idea of Sayu finding the notebook-especially so early in the game-is just...wow. Props to you for being able to write the situation out so realistically! I don't know if it was your writing style or what, but I could picture every scene in my head as if it had been in the series.

Really enjoyable read; awesome work!
Voice of the Shadow Realm chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Aww, you were working secretly on this. Pout.

Very well written hon. The details and allure of the Death Note were wonderful, though the suggestive and sensual tug that drew Sayu in kinda made me sympathize with Light a little. I'm not much of a Light fan either, though it is more ambivilance than tolerance.

But the aura you wrote for the Notebook almost demonized the object, Ryuk may be a God of Death, but his tool could be considered demons in retrospect. Demon's are far too streotypical now a days, especially in the western world, where as in Japanese lore, objects could also possess a demonic entity. And this instance really brings to light (no pun intended lol) a phrase I am quite fond of, I heard it somewhere but cannot for the life of me remember where.

"Not all demons have horns, some of us hide it very well."

Ryuk is no demon, but through his prompts and his belongings (ie. the Notebook) he creates demons in the way of Kira... Oh, check me out, being all spiritual.

Very well done m'dear. For a sudden change in primary cast, you wrote this stunningly (as usual) and for characters I'm not too familiar with and therefore, know little of how to write them you kept me hooked.

I was confused to start with the finding of Light's notebook, but how you tied it up at the end, along with returning Sayu to previous ignorance were beautifully plotted, I actually caught myself nodding and murmuring "ah, of course" XD

hugs and yays.