Reviews for Unconditional Love
I know some people have likely corrected you on this, but Kirks childhood was nothing so tame.

Age six, Sam runs away(he's ten), leaving Kirk to his abusive stepfather and ignorant mother.

Age twelve, the abuse is discovered, and he's sent to his aunt on the space colony Tarsus IV

Age thirteen, Tarsus is hit by a famine. The man in charge, xenophobic Kolodos, orders a massacre.

Age fifteen, J.T and sixteen other kids are rescued by Starfleet. They sure took their damn time. The other kids were kept alive by Kirk, J.T, who was left alone as his aunt, uncle, and cousins were shot dead infront of him.

Age twenty two, and Kirk joins Starfleet.
Eternal She-Wolf chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
I loved this story, because it seems to me it could so easily be canon... I hope you write more in the Star Trek fandom!
stars90 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
This was a beautiful piece. It means a lot. There's a depth of insight into Jim and what drives him and who he is. Great job.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Wow. That was really intense. And so sad. Really good job.
Cita chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Whoa. That was really good. I don't know what else to say, other than that I think you definitely achieved your goal: This story did inspire me, in a way, but didn't inspire hate. By the end, I was back to not hating Winona, because I could see that she was broken. You're a really excellent writer.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Devastating and beautiful. Wonderful writing. :)
M. D. Jensen chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Another wonderful piece. I don't know your background, obviously, but as someone coming from a situation with many similarities to this one, I can say that you captured it all very well.
May Eve chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
This is disturbingly familiar. Congrats, you captured Jim and the situation very well.
irezel chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
whoa...crazy deep...and very sad and all too commmon...
anon chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I have to say, I loved it.

Definately got Jim spot on, he is too headstrong to give up on his mom.

You dealt with this nicely