Reviews for Envoi
Glory Bee chapter 6 . 4/28/2012
Totally fascinating! Perhaps if you added Eonwe to the character portion of posting this story more readers would find it and more reviews would follow. :)
Mirach chapter 6 . 4/20/2010
So tragically beautiful! Even more than the tale of Beren and Lúthien, divided by the Sundering Sea... Here the Sea is between the, but they are divided by loyalty. It's really a heartwrenching image of Sauron waiting, and Eonwe as a hooded hawk, struggling in his mind between the loyalty to Manwe and his own desires, and the question if they are given by Ilúvatar. And finally, when he breaks the bonds, he is driven back by the winds of Manwe, although he fights to the last bit of strength. Poor hawk! The last scene is so gentle and sad that it brought tears to my eyes, it reminds me on the feeling I had when reading Wilde's Nightingale and the Rose... I like also your style, you weave the words into the story truly masterfully! Thank you for a great story!
Mirach chapter 5 . 4/11/2010
Oh, Manwe was so stern here, and so unjust! He said Eonwe is dear to him, but he didn't even try to understand him... It was wrenching to read. Poor Eonwe!

"vague as a butterfly in a den of spiders" - that was a really chilling image!

To my mind the Valar are kinder, but I can imagine them also like you describe them, although it makes the tales of Arda even more tragic. But I know when I began to read that this will be a sad story, and there is both bitterness and beauty. I really like it, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Mirach chapter 4 . 4/11/2010
This was an amazing chapter! I loved the images of dissolving in the flame of the earth, you make it really easy to imagine to be someone for whom the body is just a garment. I pity Sauron here – he does not ant evil for Middle-earth, but his spirit is tainted by Melkor, and without Eonwe, his fall into darkness seem inevitable. You end the chapter with a powerful image – Mount of Doom...
Mirach chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
Even here, before the kingdom of Númenor, is its fate foreshadowed as the thoughts of Men turn to the lies. And although the ban has been lifted many Elves remain in Middle-earth... a difficult situation for Eonwe, it seems!
Mirach chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
The images of the fight were breathtaking, as well as the image of the mingling of their spirits. The esteem that Sauron has for Eonwe is felt through the chapter, and Eonwe truly wants to help him, and convince him to do what he feels is right. But Sauron’s fear is also very believable, and you show how he became to hate the race of Men, which shaped the tales of Middle-earth in the Third Age. It is a tragic story...
Mirach chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This is beautiful! The style is noble and high like the Ainur themselves, and you show their minds in a way that makes it easy to comprehend, although they differ from the ways of thinking of the Chidren. The story is very intriguing with the setting and characters, and questions that it brings. I really like both Eonwe and Sauron how you portray them here.