Reviews for Time Takes Its Toll On Us
fthpfthpfthp chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Wow!

1. Surprise, surprise. Love it! I wuz liek, WHUT! There's something gleeful about realizing, after investing in the scene, that it isn't Bones in that bed.

2. Hawt.

3. I like that the angst is Booth's. You handled this well. Catie accepts that Booth is in love with Bones, yet continues the sex. What does she want or expect from Booth and can he deal with Catie's acceptance of the situation? Or will that acceptance eat at him; knowing that the woman he's with knows that she's not the woman he's in love with?

4. Totes looking forward to this whole thing taking it's time. Amazing start!
PhoenixTears89 chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Ooh. Daring :)

I feel like some authors are having too much fun entirely with the physical similarities between those two... personally, I was 80% sure at the "dark, dark hair" bit (particularly when coupled with Booth's impatience).

But kudos for having the guts to go there. It's kind of refreshing to inject some realism into the BB situation... and, realistically (I think), if Booth was dead certain that Brennan wasn't an option, he could well try to take an offered opportunity to move on.
LiveFearlessly chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Great!
wercomingup chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I like your story. Especially, in the end Booth and Bones will be together. Booth deserves love its time for Bones to see him fulfilling his biological urges for a change. Go forth and create more chapters!
Common Courtesy chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I have to agree with the previous poster. This was beyond YUCK!

What a way to turn the reader off the story completely.

I don't know if you are aware of this but there is such a thing as 'common courtesy' of giving the readers a warning BEFORE actually having them read 'this'.

The least you could have done is put a note on top/before the story to let them know... 'Hey, I'm going to write a Booth/Catfish M rated' scene... so beware...'

*shakes head* Just to have the reader go through the whole scene and then expect some kind of reaction?

Argh... That's just plain rude to me.

Thank god I only skimmed through this... and that was still to turn me off from the story completely.

Seriously, what's up with everyone having Booth hooking up with some low third rated party here?

I guess I must be watching the wrong show these days.

Good luck in trying to getting your readers in this story AFTER such a huge blunder there. I suggest you go ahead and put the warning BEFORE the beginning for the storyline.

- Common Courtesy
Elme chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Yuck! Alone the idea about Booth sleeping with that fishy doctor is making me sick!

I hope that we'll NEVER EVER have to watch or even hear about it in the actual show. When you love someone, you don't have sex with a substitute.

What Booth 'deserves' is to man up and make a move on Brennan! It's long overdue by now.
rosyle chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Really great start to this story. It's nice to see Booth take a chance on someone else - even though he's not sure about what Brennan feels for him.

Looking forward to reading more!
mahhhfy chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I really like this story. When I first heard about Booth getting a girlfriend or something, I was really pissed about it, but I never thought of it like it is here. After I read this I felt like he totally deserves someone for now and I'm now very excited to see the episodes. The way you describe it just clicked for me, this was a very good story. Keep going, I like the idea of Booth and Brennan getting together because of someone else, but no one ever offers the interaction with the third person, usually just the effects of it between Booth and Brennan.