Reviews for Raven Isn't As Mature As She Seems
theGirlNightwing chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I agree. Raven's seen by most people as an emotionless girl who couldn't care less.
Some people just can't realize that most people who do that are hiding something they don't want shared, or hiding an emotion they don't want seen because they think of it as a weakness.
I can completely relate to the character, too. I try to hide things, and it just ends up as an emotional turmoil.
What I said was based on how I feel, so I don't mean to offend you or anything.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Good points you make. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
snowman1989 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
She may be wise beyond her years, but it must be sobering to think that at the end of the day, she has the emotional development of a six year old. I think her pride issues are a major weakness of hers, her refusal of getting help before it's too late, I have a similar issue.

But I think she's aware that she needs her friends. And even though Trigon is defeated (I doubt he can truly be destroyed) she still has a dark side that can still manifest itself if she feels too much.

A good one-shot.
Desstrio chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Dude, this is really good. Like, a poem, but with a story format. I love it!
Cylor chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
As a particularly obsessive Raven fan, for the same reasons you state, let me say this:

RIGHT. ON.
Shadowy Flip Flops of DOOM chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Ahh...poetic.

Slightly dark.

I don't really know what to say.
Karmaric chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I have to admit that you have once again proved me incorrect.

Upon first reading the summary for this piece, I automatically assumed that it would be a much repeated (by others on this site- not you) story attempting to rationalize her character into that which is Starfire.

It both pleases and surprises me that this is not the case. You were able to bend her character into a plausible explanation. Granted, an explanation that has also been seen frequently by this site, a well versed explanation nonetheless.

This is the perfect piece to use a "less is more" technique. I suspect you would be a fabulous speech writer- if only due to your abrasiveness and direct tone (which I find inspiring and new.)

As an unabashed Beast Boy Raven shipper- I do wish this could have been from his point of view. Ah well. I suppose I will just have to be disappointed at the lack of romance (something that I am randomly prone to craving in a story)

One stipulation that really has nothing to do with your writing. It would be great if you could put a horizontal marker between your story and A.N. It really helps with the distinguishing process for those of us that aren't as observent as they hope to be.

-Karmaric
eternaldead chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I agree with some of what you write. But it seems that you forget that if she feels no matter if it is good or bad, her dark side will get stronger. She shut herself out because if she deal whit it, it would without doubt cause her to feel and make her dark side stronger. You also say that: she is no a a much needed therapist. But she has comforted people by far more occasions than any other. If she can manipulate others (in the TV series) we do not know because she never tried, but in the books she does it all the time and is good at it. You are right in what you say but she does not really have any choice.
noradiana chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
That was very nicely written. I agree on some parts but not all. But this was very deep and meaning full so I hope you dont make the same mistakes as Raven does
Blues32 chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
She IS unable to feel in that, if she allows herself to feel, bad things happen. It's not that she's incapable of it. Raven isn't ALLOWED to feel. She's apathetic because she was trained to be that way. Raven's behavior was created by her teachers.

It has nothing to do with maturity.
Melanie Swirls chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
That was amazing... I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who sees Raven this way. I loved it. Good job