Reviews for Entire of Himself
Elaine du Lac chapter 1 . 3/28
Oh my. The island image was a pretty powerful theme, and well presented. It suits Jim to have a concept in images and feelings rather than the more scientific observations Spock had of himself in the other story. I love how I could compare Jim's first reaction to Spock to Spock's own first reaction to Jim. While Spock recognizes a sort-of kindred soul in Jim from observing his stance and body language, Jim just feels something familiar in Spock. Jim is all immediate intuition, recognizing what it was he saw and felt only much, much later.

And that last line is priceless! ". . . a country, complete, intact, and beloved." It gives me goosebumps. Sheesh!

And a guest appearance: Huck Finn!
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Guh. I am overcome by the awesome. For serious.
Lisa chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
I loved this. You gave a great insight into Jim's character in such a credible way. I always find the abstract nature of meld fics to be so beautiful. And you wrote it so well. Great job.
not-exactly-the-truth chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
this one and the companion piece are really cute, and I love how they both share that streak of loneliness/isolation and having to fight against to world just to be. absolutely beautiful!
Abigail Thalia La Rue chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Beautiful. Simply and utterly beautiful.
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Great job! I loved your interpretation of kirk and his actions.
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Poor Jimmy. Such a hard time believing he was loved. I think this story really brings to light the differences between the two Jims. Jim prime grew up loved and encouraged. This Jim has grown up shunned by his mother with at the least a verbally abusive uncle and has clearly pulled away from any close relationship with anyone until he joined Star fleet at 20 something I think it was 22. 22 years to never really felt important or love... it has to damage a person. And that's not even getting into if this Jim saw the horrors of Taurus. Jim prime going through that but having a loving supporting family to help him deal with the after math is one thing. This Jim with no one to offer him real comfort... there's gotta be some nasty mental scars on that, probably closed off from the rest of the brain.

Wildfire
bookworm1805 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
GAH. This is sooooo good. So cute. So sweet. So beautiful. So touching. SO EVERYTHING PERFECT. I'm just having a field day reading all your stories right now. I'm on a rampage. I can't get enough of your stories and writing style. You are infinitely AWESOME. Keep up the beautiful work. :D
Suezanne chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
awesome
kaiiju chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Words are fleeing from my mouth, you stole them in this story. Dammit.
jumango chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Wow...this series was absolutely amazing!
Lai Jun Chen chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
that was awesome. i loved it! i also have a special fondness for metaohors, so the island picture made it that much better. was it supposed to be a robibnson crusoe reference?- i haven't read that particular novel, but it was the first one that came to mind.
chrissy chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
beautifully written. loved every word of it
Silvanesti chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Amazing. Simply amazing. I have liked your other stories, but this touched something more. You captured something, I can't even express what, so beautifully in this story.
Doni chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Beautiful and touching and moving...truly lovely work!