Reviews for Victory
Gerudo Desert chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This was lovely and heartbreaking and wonderful, all at the same time. It's amazing how well you can describe your Warden's emotions in a few sentences. Well donPr
JessicaJones chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
"Victory is his heartbeat underneath her ear as she sleeps."

Beautiful :)
Zaretia chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Very nice :) I like how you go This is over... then That is over... Just adds to it
FyreBrande chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
"Victory is cradled lifelessly in her lap and feels like defeat." Augh. augh, augh! This was really, really good, but that last bit just did me in. This is the first thing I"ve ever read that made me gasp (and loud enough I had someone ask if I was okay, no less...). Beautifully written, throughly enjoyable, and all-around wonderful!
littleblackdog chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Even in this short piece, you were really able to build a good sense of Surana; I appreciate a story that takes the time to consider how the adventure would be different not only for the author's specific character, but for the type of character the PC is. The mentions of magic, and freedom, and not being a trained leader are so important to a mage character, and you've addressed them beautifully, without weighing the plot down. The visuals and feelings you were able to evoke with the descriptions of each victory were quite effective, and I really connected with them.

You know I love snippets/moments in time, and this was fabulous. The scenes you chose to include were great, and oh my god the ending was a punch in the gut. Well done!
Shineera chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
This needs more review. A short but beautiful piece. Relevant where it needed to be and that ending... GAH! 3 Love it.
Siu Jerk Jai chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I'll add my thoughts here too (now that I have more time). Like I said in the PM, I really liked the choices you made about which events to include. First use of magic would be so key to a mage Warden, even if it's not part of the game. Leaving the Tower and the Joining of course had to be included, but I liked that you included Redcliffe since that feels like the Warden's first real test (assuming you go there first) and I was really intrigued that you included the Urn of Sacred Ashes. That was unexpected, but I really liked the idea that finding the Ashes would be such an impactful moment on the Warden.

And the end! Gah! With the sad! So heart-breaking.

Great read.
DA fangirl chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Sad but lovely. :) Amazing writing style, too.