Reviews for Aftermath
afrozenheart412 chapter 14 . 5/28/2010
You don't have to reply to mine, this story has been so worth reading that you have run me through the whole spectrum of emotion with this. Love, fear, hope, dread, and amazement. So thank you for doing this, you should do more multi-chapter stories! I'm only sorry that I couldn't read and review this on Wednesday...blame Brinchen86 for that! LOL!

Oh where do I start? With all of their emotions still running high, it is wonderful to see that they are still taking this day by day and not giving up on each other when they could have. I adore how the nightmares did disappear after a while with Danny helping Lindsay talk it out. And that Danny still had flashes of anger whenever he caught a case with someone who killed his/her spouse, it was freaking excellent to see they both reach out and take comfort in knowing that the other would understand. There is nothing wrong with love, it may be simple but it is enduring.

I can understand Lindsay's rage and frustration with the system letting a guy off with that technicality, but the team won't let that happen this time. But I did feel sad that they didn't get to see much of each other or Lucy when they were on shift. So sad. OH MY GOD...he is back on the promotion grid? EXCELLENT! Thank you for that, I wish that we could get a scene like this in the show! He deserves it after all of the crap that Shane has put him and Lindsay through, not to mention all of the hard work these past years. I bet Aiden would be so proud that he is back on it. Seeing that Lindsay was happy, was wonderful! Oh when he took off her rings and got down on one knee...you made me cry with happiness! Wiseass? What did you expect, Messer? That she would change overnight when you slipped those rings on the first time? LOL! Really, all of this has been so beautiful and full of love.

Favorite lines

"For the past little while, I've been wondering whether we were ready to move forward and return to our life before all of this happened. Surviving through those three days of hell by leaning on each other whenever we could, I felt that we were ready, and I hope you do too." Danny saw Lindsay give him a slight nod, and he smiled. "Now, since we agree that we're ready to go back to making long-term promises, I think that there's one that's more important than all the rest and it needs to be addressed first, so I have a question that I need to ask you." Danny paused to take a breath, and he found that he was more nervous than he had ever been in his life. As tears started to form in his eyes, he got to the most important part of his little speech.

"I know I'm not always the easiest person to love, but you are my once-in-a-lifetime chance at true love and happiness. You bring out the best in me every single day, and I can only hope that I do the same for you. You are the most beautiful person that I know, both inside and out, and I would be honoured and forever grateful if you decided to spend the rest of your life with me. Lindsay Messer, will you marry me?"

Lindsay had slowly been losing her composure ever since her eyes reopened, so by the time he asked her to marry him, she was beyond the ability to speak. She never thought that he could've topped the way he had proposed to her the first time, no matter how unconventional it may seem to anybody else, but she knew that he had just done it. She was trying to recollect herself enough to answer him, but it was proving to be a difficult task.

"Lindsay, are you alright?" She nodded her head and it took her another minute or two to answer his question in the best way she knew how:

"I can't marry you Danny, because I'm already married to my soulmate."

"Danny was the first to make a move, and he placed her engagement ring down on the table and picked up her wedding band. Removing her left hand from the back of his neck, he brought it between them and held it in his own hand, running his thumb back and forth over it.

"I, Danny Messer, take you, Lindsay Messer, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part."

He started to choke up at the end, thinking about how much more those vows seemed to mean after what had happened to them since the first time they had said them to one another. He slid the band onto her finger, then picked up her engagement ring and placed it over top, and after seeing those two rings back in their rightful place, Danny was never more proud to call Lindsay his wife."

"Lindsay reached back and picked up his wedding band in a trembling hand, feeling the weight of it in her hand. There had been a brief time when she thought that he didn't want to wear it anymore, but seeing his face and the way he was looking at her, she knew that that assumption could not have been any farther from the truth. Taking his left hand and holding it between them, she began to repeat the words that had been burned into her memory more than a year earlier.

"I, Lindsay Messer, take you, Danny Messer, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part." She slid his wedding band back into place, and then whispered the final two words of their vows: "I do."

He quickly echoed his own "I do" before bringing his hands up to frame her face and pulling her face down to his to seal their union once more. There was no urgency in their kiss, as they passionately explored each other's mouths in a way that they had not done in a very long time."

"She saw her own desire reflected back at her from his eyes, so she knew that he was game. Still, she waited for him to say something, but Danny only turned toward the centre of the table and blew out the candles. No longer able to see her husband, Lindsay was taken by surprise when he attacked her mouth with his own and she felt him slowly stand up from the chair. She adjusted her legs so that they were locked around his waist and snaked one arm around his neck while the other started to undo the buttons of his shirt and his pants. They continued to fight for dominance in the kiss as they stumbled back towards their bedroom, leaving a trail of clothes in their wake.

There were definitely no nightmares for either of them that night."

I do have to add...you almost made me choke with laughter on the last line. Thank you for that. Starting out this angst ridden story with Shane but ending it with love and laughter, thank you for that!
Linoria chapter 14 . 5/27/2010
Great chapter!:D

Linoria
uscrocks chapter 14 . 5/26/2010
Love it. Happy and a perfect ending.
conche chapter 13 . 5/25/2010
I'm glad to see that Lindsay and Danny are reconciling. Both of them seem like characters that would not necessarily be all that easy to live with, but it seems as if they are taking steps in the right direction. One can certainly understand why Lindsay would be traumatized, but Danny has already been there for her once when she needed him and she has been there for him, so they know they are both dependable in times of crisis.
afrozenheart412 chapter 13 . 5/25/2010
Amazing! Simply amazing! I was a little worried at the beginning with Lindsay leaving Stella's apartment, I didn't think it had gone that far. But I do love that she had a safe place to stay. Mac is wonderful in here giving her the space she needs to work and also keeping her mind focused by telling her about Danny and Lucy. What really sealed this part for me was the way you brought up All In The Family, I loved that episode. It gave us an excellent view in how much Lindsay loves Danny enough to risk her job for him. I'm glad he knew and didn't call her on it.

Maria is all that I would like to see in Danny's mother, kind, loving, and still a pistol like her son! That she cares for both of them equally shows a lot about her. Lucy is adorable in here with kissing her mommy through the phone! LOVED IT!

You do not know how worried you made me with their talk, I thought for sure they were going to split up. Whew! This is what I adore seeing, them talking stuff out and working out the problems they have. It takes adults who are willing to fight for their love to succeed, and while their problems are far from over they are on the way. There are no favorite lines or quotes in here to hold over the others, everything in here is fantastic. It was the view of their wedding rings on her forearm that started the waterworks for me. It was a lovely image to see both their hands side by side, with the promises they told each other on their wedding day on their fingers. AWESOME!

They are adult enough to hold each other, I'm happy that he didn't let her go even if it was in another room. I also have to retract my earlier review on saying that telling yourself you won't have a nightmare doesn't work. Danny letting Lindsay know that nothing will hurt or haunt her while he is holding...that works. It was a beautiful image, you are still rocking this story!
uscrocks chapter 13 . 5/24/2010
So glad Lindsay told Danny about her fears. And that neither walked away.
uscrocks chapter 12 . 5/24/2010
Glad to see that Stella is such a good friend. I look forward to Lindsay talking to Danny in the next chapter.
LindsayMesser chapter 13 . 5/24/2010
Update soon!
conche chapter 11 . 5/24/2010
You certainly did do a wonderful job of making Lindsay erratic. But then again, what happened to her could make possibly make her more than a little erratic. Danny was a bit out of character himself previously in this story, so if given enough time he should realize that.
afrozenheart412 chapter 11 . 5/21/2010
Yep, you were right in warning us, because this was rough. Lindsay and her nightmares was felt here, and to see Danny on the otherside of the comforting was great! But I hope that she visits a therapist soon or they both do, because I think it could help them. Telling yourself that you won't have nightmares doesn't work, talking it out with someone you love and or trust works.

Danny apologizing to Don, was more than I thought we would see. Not that I don't think you would have left it, but you gave Danny great dignity in saying he was sorry for freaking out when he didn't lose as much as Don had. So you have my love for that. Now the ending...that was painful but needed. Even if they need to work out what was bothering her all of the words spoken in this may have been painful but they needed to be said. Lindsay needs to see what is happening to her, the sooner the better. And I think this argument with Danny was just the first step. Is Danny going to call Lindsay's mom for help in asking what to do about this? Or will he force Lindsay to talk about this when she comes back? Either way, I can't wait to see the rest of this.

There are so many favorite lines in this but if I had to choose only one it would be the last one. "Danny placed her back in her crib and quietly shut the door again before sliding down to the floor on the adjacent wall and starting to sob, knowing that his wife was in all kinds of pain but not knowing how to get through to her." She needs to see that this is not only hurting her but her family. Awesome job!
uscrocks chapter 11 . 5/20/2010
That was so sad. I hope Lindsay gets the help she needs soon.
LindsayMesser chapter 11 . 5/20/2010
Please update soon!
dantana chapter 11 . 5/20/2010
i love it please post more very very soon more danny linday
afrozenheart412 chapter 10 . 5/19/2010
The beginning of this chapter smells a lot like Stealing Home to me, I don't know if that was deliberate or a happy accident but I love it! And are you sure this is NY because in any other city that five dollars would have disappeared quickly! Your insight to Lindsay's character is dead on, I adore how you showed us how long it took for Lindsay to breakdown when her friends died and how her mother was with it through all of it.

Danny finding Lindsay like this must have been a bit scary for him, so soon after the kidnapping. But he handled it with all of the love that he has for her, I know he is going to watch her like a hawk from now on but I hope they both get through this and know that they are safe now. Casey is gone and won't be coming back. My favorite part in this chapter is how he took her face and brought her back to him from the past. I like the thought of Danny stopping her from slipping back into the past. He recalled how badly she had taken their deaths when she finally came to grips with it, and it frightened him that it could potentially happen again. Glancing down at Lindsay, he saw a faraway look in her eyes, like she was reliving that week of mourning all over again, and he reached out to cup her face in his hand to bring her back to the present.

You won't spoil us or do you mean you won't mercilessly tease us until we're demanding fresh meat? ;) I'm looking forward to see Lindsay breakdown completely. The cracks are showing but she hasn't come undone yet.

Favorite lines

"She'd numbly made it through all the police questioning and the mass gathering celebrating the lives of her best friends, and then each funeral without dissolving into a mess. She'd even gone back to school for a day and made it through all the stares and the whispers. It was only after she'd come home that day, thrown her bag on the kitchen table, said hello to her mom and told her that she was going to meet the girls by the lake and that she'd be back by dinner, and then run back out the door that her entire world came crashing in.

Her mother found her collapsed and sobbing on the front porch, and Lindsay spent the rest of the week shut up in her room, refusing to speak to anyone and only eating the food that her mother force fed her. After six days like that, she came out of her state and was willing to seek help for her trauma. It had taken a lot of work, but eventually Lindsay was able to be more open about what had happened, and she gotten to a point where the majority of the memories she carried about her friends were good ones."

"He recalled how badly she had taken their deaths when she finally came to grips with it, and it frightened him that it could potentially happen again. Glancing down at Lindsay, he saw a faraway look in her eyes, like she was reliving that week of mourning all over again, and he reached out to cup her face in his hand to bring her back to the present."

"Over the years, he'd come to know that both he and Lindsay were emotional people, and while he was more outwardly open with his emotions, she kept them inside her and had a harder time processing them because of it.

While he was glad that she was willing to open up to him, he sensed that this was only the beginning and that it would not be the last time that she completely broke down, or dealt with her emotions in another manner. However, he also knew that he couldn't push her and that everything would come out in time, so Danny promised himself that he would keep a close eye on her and be ready to support her in whatever way she needed. With his resolve firmly set, he got off the bed and went to go join his wife and daughter."
uscrocks chapter 10 . 5/18/2010
So glad that Lindsay talked to Danny about her breakdown. Just as he did. Love it.