Reviews for Running for Home
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 10/17/2016
None of this would be happening, if either of them would voice their damn feeling. Pugh. Very hard to read and not from sadness. From anger towards the lack of communication these two have. Grrrrr.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 10/17/2016
Well, I was right and wrong there. Alec is her brother, sooooo, definitely not the father, eww. I'm not surprised Bella went down the road she did with the little information she had about him and Jane. I'm so very glad that Edward wouldn't let Bella run, if only to the bathroom. He did the right thing. Explained that he wasn't the father then talked about it the next day in the confessional, err, the car. Very interesting story though. I was surprised it was not more of a relationship between Jane and Edward. That they were merely friends that tried, and failed, to be more. People do that every day. Some successfully. At least they tried. I love that he wanted to be the baby's father. That was really sweet of him. Did she not know who the real father was? I hope they tried to tell him and he just didn't want anything to do with the baby. Especially if Jane knew Edward's whole story.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 10/17/2016
Seriously, these two need to talk to each other. The lack of communication is really hard to read. He thinks she wants to stay with her dad, when she wants to go with him. She wants to be there for him, when he finds his real father, for support. She wants to be there for whatever happens. Good or bad. She won't ask him to tag along and he won't ask her to go with him. They have amazing chemistry in bed and that was a really good scene. Him coming back to her crying, is not good at all. Obviously Jane just had Alec's baby, not Edward's. Hiwever, due to their severe lack of talking to each other, she has no idea and just assumed it is. Still want to lock them in a room and make them talk to each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 10/17/2016
Her driving was great. He was so tired and he fully trusts her driving his car now, so it made complete sense for her to drive and him to nap. Loved that she touched him, for the very first time, when he was happy, not sad. By touching the dark circles under his eyes. Then tracing down his face. Across his lips. She has only ever initiated when he was sad. This was a huge step. Loved that she was bold enough to come to bed in less than before. Loved that she initiated and kissed him. I'm so happy we learned in the last chapter that if she made the slightest move, he would do exactly what he did in this chapter. The wait was well worth it. These two already have such an intimacy between them. Adding the physical in, just made it that much stronger of a bond. She's got to tell him she wants to be with him when he meets his father. If she goes to Charlie first, both Charlie and Jake will never let her leave them again. They will fill her head with so much crap, it'll be scary. Especially when they both realize he's older than they thought. No, they have to visit Charlie together and then visit his father together. No separation or, they'll fall apart on a sea of what if's.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 10/17/2016
I'm really proud of him for going to the three of them and pouring out his words to them. Even if at their graves. If only to help him with closure. They should all be very ashamed of themselves for cheating him out of his life. They still had theirs and lived them to the fullest. Sadly there was a very lonely little boy that wanted to feel part of a family. Feel loved. They couldn't bother to even try. Then when he was older, he never seemed to be good enough, at least through his eyes. It's so very sad. Now, Bella and Edward need to start communicating. Both want the other and neither will admit it. When he came out of that bathroom and chose the empty bed, was so sad. He thinks she wants to leave him, and she doesn't. She thinks she's just a burden and he doesn't have feelings for her. Both couldn't be more wrong about the other. Makes me want to sit them both in a room and demand they speak to each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 10/17/2016
I love that she loves the PJ's and didn't apwant to get out of them because they were so soft and cozy. I'm glad she spoke to Alice, as it was overdue. She had some good advice. Especially since Bella doesn't know that Edward is waiting for her to make the first move. Her not inding her parents new address is key to my imagination again. Once they get to Seattle, they'll look up the name, I'm thinking Edward never says the last name, then they search for the address, knock on the door and BOOM Bella is welcomed with open arms by Alice's parents. Then Edward and Bella start to freak out over what they both now know. And, the end of this chapter, with him saying she was his mom, not his sister. Bella's head may start to reel right now.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 10/17/2016
I like that he wants her to teach him to cook. I laughed so hard when that can popped open on him and he freaked out. Her laughing a him over it. Then his internal comments about for a while had me in stitches. So effing funny. Loved that e bought her PJ's with turtles on them. He was so fun to read during that section. His wanting to take care of her, with these little things, is so sweet. Her guessing he has money and him confirming it later. I hope that doesn't freak her out. I liked that he opened up more about his family and himself. It was interesting to have him point out that, for a man that craves touch so much, he turned it away most times, as it wasn't feeling right. It shows how much Bella is important to him, since her touch soothes him so much. I just hope he gets to keep her. I think she may want that. I also noticed how he choked on the word sister . . . which lends credo to me thinking she's actually his mother.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 10/17/2016
Well, based on that information, I think his sister was actually his mother. That he was not adopted, he was raised by his grandparents, thinking they were his adoptive parents. Question is, did his sister ever tell the real father he had a son or, did their parents forbid it and insist they raise him as adopted? Poor Edward being left alone like that when he was crying out at night. He just needed to be loved. Makes me wonder what went wrong with Jane? What made her leave him and move back to California? It seems to me, that Edward, with the separation anxiety he suffers, would never willingly leave someone . . . no matter how bad the situation. And, I still think that somehow, Alice is going to end up being his step-sister . . . daughter of the same father. As that would tie everything into a nice little bow. Well, I hope it does. That it brings him the family he craves so very badly. Including Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 10/17/2016
I somehow think her taking care of Edward, is definitely not the same as her taking care of everyone else. It seems the same but, I bet to her, it is not. Especially as he takes care of her, in his own way, as well. Although, later when they are drunk, neither is really taking care of the other. Unless he runs after her quickly and holds her hair while she gets rid of all the alcohol. Then he is definitely taking care of her.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 10/17/2016
Quite the emotional chapter. First with him arguing with Jane on the phone in their hotel bathroom. Then his tears that she hears, trying to comfort him and him being stone cold the next morning and most of the day. Their conversation in the car and her telling him of her parents. Only to end up exhausted at his home in Chicago and her needing tampons. I was shocked that he just handed her the keys and told her where to go. Rather unfortunate that Charlie called while she was away. I can't imagine what that conversation was like between him and Edward before Bella got back. Edward's anger was justified, yet a wee bit too much. She needs to make it better with her dad and tell the truth. Let him settle the hell down before Edward and Bella meet him in person the first time. Clearly they finally contacted Alice, as she was the only one with that number. Bella needs to start calling everyone and get things settled. Poor Edward with the night terror. I'm glad he accepted her comfort this time. This time not hiding it from her and actually taking what she offered, in comfort.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 10/17/2016
Hey, a bit of progress in this one. It was funny when she finally opened her eyes and he was rightthere in her face. She asked great questions in the car. Unfortunately, when he asked her one, he tuned her right out when she said boyfriend. I was worried that this would stay that way for a few chapters but, you surprised me and she caught on that he didn't listen. I was happy she gave he a repeat of it in a condensed version. It would be nice for him to take her to Chicago, to at least show her his town. Not to stay though, he needs to get his butt to Seattle. I really liked that she said yes to going with him.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 10/17/2016
I love that she didn't buy PJ's in hopes of wearing his shirt again. Very funny when she opened his Coke and was wiggling it to pretend she would spill it in his car. She's fun. I liked that she asked him to share her bed inline of sleeping in the car. It probably was for the best that he declined. Neither are ready yet. His head is filled with family what if's and she needs to end things with Jake. I am surprised they are not talking more though. Getting to know one another. Very cute that he said 'when' he asks her out, she will know it. I think she stunned him with thinking it was a date. Wonder what made him sad in the gift shop? I loved that he bought her a turtle and that she named him Eddie. Too effing cute. Surprised that Jane called. He seemed to indicate in his point of view that they are definitely ended and not a chance of getting together again. Unless, she was drunk dialing him or, missing him? He certainly was not happy about being called. It was kind of sweet, mixed up in there, that he was fine with Bella answering his phone, even though she didn't. As he assumed she did and asked her what Jane wanted, without any preamble at all.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 10/17/2016
Aw, poor guy did break down in the bathroom the night before. I liked that when he awoke, he hoped she was still there. I was glad she was still there too. Wonder what was going through her head when she was so very quiet before and during their lunch. She and he seem to be opening up to one another a little more. His anger over the M&M dropping and it freaking him out. Made me giggle. I am a no food in the car person too. Except to pick up a pizza and bring it home. No eating in there. Drinking is fine. Of course, they are on an extended road trip so, I imagine it is inevitable at some point. Hmmm, wonder how much trouble he will be in for tricking her into the Coke in lieu of dinner. Eek.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 10/17/2016
I'm glad she told Alice that she was safe and that if anyone contacts her to say the same. Smart of her to do. I have a feeling that Edward and Alice are related, somehow. That when he was supposed to go north on 101 in California, that was to get to Washington. Poor Edward, if he was crying, in the shower all alone. Maybe he finally grieved the person he lost. The one that left the earth conscience free but, destroyed him in the process.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 10/17/2016
Interesting reading about what has him on the road and searching. Still intrigued.
1,467 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »