Reviews for Possible Regrets
bkwrmnlvnit chapter 1 . 4/10/2015
Hey, Indy! Just thought I'd drop by and see if I could maybe help cheer you up a little bit with a review, and I saw Inkheart so I kinda flipped a tiny bit and decided to go here because this book will forever be precious/tied for my favorite. So...yeah. :)

For one thing, this starting line is excellent. It's short, sweet, and too the point, and more importantly, it instantly hooks me as a reader because of how blunt it is. It's clear right away that Farid knows what's happening and he acknowledges it, but it's also clear that he's not happy about it. He may have to accept that things are going the way they are, but he doesn't have to like that, and I've no clue how you manage to convey that feeling within literally the first ten words, but you did manage it and it's bloody magnificent.

Equally magnificent is the way that these next few paragraphs run. They hit everything absolutely perfectly with the emotions and with Farid as well. You don't wax on for ages dramatically about how everything about his relationship with Meggie has gone to hell in a handbasket and how Farid thinks the world is out to get him, because that's not his style. He's honest about his faults and the truth of what's happened and he says what needs to be said, and that's absolutely perfect because not only does it make the narrative absolutely AWESOME, it fits Farid to a T. Nice!

And it's just like Mo to just plop down beside him, strike up a conversation, and cut to the heart of the matter. You do a nice job here of characterising him while also highlighting indirectly how much he developed over the series. Beforehand, he probably wouldn't have said anything, but after all he went through and all his family went through, he's just gotten to be this much stronger individual and you showcase that perfectly here just by the way he talks to Farid.

And you keep doing that when he goes through and, rather than beating around the bush to make him feel better, simply shares his wisdom with Farid. He's Mo, and I can't imagine he's particularly pleased about what Farid pulled on Meggie, but he's still talking to him and advising him anyway. He wouldn't have done that before, and the fact that he's doing it now is such a magnificent testament to his character and how he's grown and just aaaagggghhh this is perfect. You seriously have these characters down pat, and it's awesome.

And then Dustfinger calls and Farid heads off without question even if he has a second thought, which is probably one of the best elements that I can think of that you could have latched onto with Farid. He may not always agree with Dustfinger, but Dustfinger is without doubt the most important person to him and always will be. Even if he has his regrets, he'll always put them back and move past them for the sake of his mentor, because he trusts him with his life. This is just perfect for Farid and you still have these really strong emotions on top of the imagery which helps me easily picture the scene and just yes. This is perfect.

All in all, this is absolutely awesome. You have the characters perfectly, your dialogue and writing is great, emotions are solid and just everything is absolutely wonderful. Really well done, Indy! Keep up the awesome work. Thanks for posting and I really hope things look up for you soon,

BK
BooBasta chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Boo 4 Doria Yay 4 Farid...thats the rite way. doria's a wanna b inventor
Eliza's Temper chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I love doria and meggie there so cute together!
UsernameAnna chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Loved it :)
Ris Fallon chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I have to agree. I used to adore Farid, up until Inkdeath. Then he kind of turned into a player, and acted stunned when Meggie gave up and moved on. He made his choice. And not many people marry their first loves, anyway.

This was beautifully written; we need more Inkheart fanfics of this quality.
imaginationskyfly chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
OH YEAH! Love da note in the beggining! GO DORIA!
FileNotFound chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
wow! you should keep writing, even if it's about a different topic :)