Reviews for Tears of an Oracle
Charu chapter 28 . 1/6
Alright, just finished reading this.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy some things in this fic, but I felt that this fic has too many open holes and sudden leaps of logic/faith that are just too big for its own good, if that makes any sense.

Now I know that you know that you are aware that this story in particular is riddled with this. I also am aware that this story was done 6 years ago so you may already know all the faults I'm about to say.

There are many scenes in which I think you omitted quite a lot of detail and progression. This is very apparent between chapters 2-8 I think. Such as the search party, the lack of them doing really anything, the lack of tension during the hiding dragons, and them willingly, with no question, following the young purple dragon out to the world and beyond without so much as a glance back.

There's more examples I can show, but these are the beginning ones that hurt the story telling. Sure, it's not a good idea to have a whole lot of detail, but it's good to describe some aspects of the adventure to make the story feel like it's alive instead of going: "Plot Point A to Plot Point B to Plot Point C" and so on and so forth.

Another thing that bugged me a lot in this story: Perspectives kept on head-hopping to one another so it was really disorientating for having to keep on switching perspectives at break neck speeds. Even the more intimate and plot-driven sections of the story weren't immune to this problem, unfortunately.

Example is when in each instance in which you have character A speaking to Character B with Character C in the background. As Character A is speaking, either at the end or during the dialogue, it switches to Character C's perspective and gives thoughts to the reader on what was just said before it switches back to character's A perspective. Sometimes, it even switches to Character's B perspective.

It's a style of writing, I understand, but I feel the way it goes about it is really sudden and doesn't flow at all with the story. While I can't really fault the writing here all too much, I can say it was really difficult for me to envision a scene when you got multiple views being shown in a cluster of words. Also it kind of was skewing around the line of the cardinal rule of writing, "Show Don't Tell"

Sorry if this sounded harsh, because I know how awful criticisms can feel (been there, hoo boy [Also, this story IS FROM 6 years ago, so...]). While I may not like how detail-less and sudden character motives are done in this story, I actually do find the underlying plot that springs into action an intriguing one. I'm gonna give your other stuff a read, because I feel like regardless of the content, your ideas are curious... in a good way of course!

Then again, this is a 6-year-old story, so...!
DracoBrony chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
oh ive been looking for this fic for forever! i read it almost two years ago i think
7sky chapter 28 . 11/4/2016
A good well rounded story. May or may not read the second, undetermined right now. Know this, however, ya did good bud. I enjoyed the time I had here, maybe I'll enjoy my time in one of your stories in the future. Either way, only time will tell.

"The end is never truly an ending. It is merely opening a door so that a new beginning may walk on a new path." -someone
7sky chapter 25 . 11/4/2016
Ugh the split up cliche. How unoriginal. Regardless of how much time is consumed, if ya bum rush the dude, he loses. You fail the moment you divide. Divide and conquer works only with armies. NOT 1v1. You're pretty good at ticking me off I'll give ya that much.

Yet I still like the chapter .
7sky chapter 16 . 11/2/2016
ugh. really? You went down this route? Of all the annoying happenstances you chose number 2. Good job. -_- *Sigh* It's a good thing I know you'll fix this or else I'd be slighted. Drama... ugh, worst thing to exist in a society.

Oh but don't get me wrong, good chapter nonetheless, just pissed me off is all.
7sky chapter 13 . 11/2/2016
and this is when stuff goes down. woot woot. Sigh, stupid stupid stupid dragon. Don't you know never to trust a stranger?
7sky chapter 4 . 11/1/2016
Ooh that was exciting! Very very fun to read! It's a good comparison that I'd be willing to support. Shadow's the coolest by the way, just saying.
7sky chapter 2 . 11/1/2016
I enjoyed the chapter. Quite a bit really. It feels like it's an actual thing that could and would happen from where the game left off. Very enjoyable.

Also, as a side note, when I read the last line for the first time I misread the word moon as morons, so it sounded a little like this.

Nothing more was said between the two dragons on that night as they sat together, content beside one another, and gazed upon the morons.

At this moment I realized, something didn't quite add up. A nagging feeling in the back of my head sprang forth and I succumbed, I decided to reread that line. When I did I discovered it wasn't morons they were gazing at, but it was, in fact, moons. I have now foolishly made myself into a moron to be gazed at.

I hope this brought a smile to your beautiful face, cause it sure did mine!
7sky chapter 1 . 11/1/2016
love how you paid attention to some of the minute details from the games that most seem to overlook. It has definitely made this first chapter a very good 'hook'. I really love the details you're putting into everything as well. Small or big descriptions, a good hand ya got there. very much looking forward to reading more.
Tim46billion chapter 5 . 8/4/2016
Super volcanos actually exist. They're really cool. There was once one named Toba in Indonesia that nearly sent humanity to extinction and probably is what started the second ice age. It was so powerful it destroyed its own island. Also; underneath Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, United States; is a super volcano that has evidence of erupting twice before and a third one that is already overdue for its eruption. Look it up, they're really freakin' awesome.
4enchiladas chapter 4 . 7/16/2016
This is just one quick little note about one part of this wonderful story. I personally do not think that Flame should have been able to injure Spyro as much as he did. They may be similar in size but Spyro has an entire lifetime of true life-or-death experience in battle and his martial skills should have completely overwhelmed Flame's. The way this fight goes it makes it sound like Flame could have held his own against Malefor. I know that you cannot do anything to change it now but I just wanted to mention that. Thank you very much for your time!
SpecterXCove chapter 28 . 7/12/2016
I am going to read the sequel Right Now! Loved this story.
SpecterXCove chapter 26 . 7/12/2016
This was great.
SpecterXCove chapter 25 . 7/12/2016
Finally I like the story but this was taking forever.
SpecterXCove chapter 23 . 7/12/2016
There were so many moments in this chapter that made me cring.