Reviews for Circle
Hidari chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
On my faves but I did not review. Beautiful! I doubt though that Kenshin was completely unaware of his ki. Maybe completely unaware of its effect on others. :)
bumbelbee91 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This was a really great one-shot. Love the way you portray Kenshin before his first kill. And your Katsura was exactly the way I'd pictured him from the OVA. Good job!
Lellow chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Oh wow... that was amazing... I don't know what else to write except... thankyou!
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
That was beautiful. Wonderful job.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
You mention some fine shorts in your AN and I think you deserve the good company. The tragedy to come is underscored by the simple beauty and exhilaration of the movement without lethal intent you so beautfully describe, a shadow only Katusra sees at this moment. A nice gift as you delay studying. Good luck!
Geckohawaii chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Lovely!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
before it all went to he77. the wonder and beauty of his untainted soul. wonderful depiction and imagery.

whenever i read of kenshin practicing kata, i'm reminded of a painting by the late hakubiakou [remove spaces]

hakubaikou. deviantart art/battousai-practicing-3286914

a wonderful addition to my 'kata' favorites.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
My god, that is one of the most poetic stories I've read in awhile. First of all, I'm acquiring an obsession with Katsura, and I think you portrayed him beautifully. Especially how he is willing to sacrifice the one to save a million... even when he knows this one is so special. The real Katsura had actually said he believed that, and you have a lovely portrayal of that here. Also, I've read many fics featuring Kenshin's kata, and even have written one, and very few (certainly not mine) compare with the description and color and poetry of this one. I wish I could more aptly describe it, but I guess it's like Katsura trying to describe Kenshin's kata in words. Beautiful. More than that, but that's all that can come to mind.

One of my favorite lines, though there were many:

"he was waking into a dream"

The beginning... lovely. The ending... perfect.

Thank you.

Sirius
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
A spectacle of beauty acting as a silent harbinger for the horrors to come.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Beautiful. I enjoyed this from beginning to end. It reminds me of how Tsubame caught Kenshin practicing in secret and was entranced by it. I loved the idea of Katsura knowing that no one would ever again see the innocent joy of him performing his kata. Not that he would change anything- a tool is a to be used, after all- but that he'd treasure that moment as bittersweet. Well written.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I was breathless by the end of this, much like your watchers. I don't think I've ever read such a powerful, beautiful, moving, sexy-devastating!-description of swordwork. I loved that the morning didn't "feel right", the deadly silence, the whisper of fine rain. His right's intuition warning him.

And the boy himself-oh, your description of his form and movement somehow held within it his very innocence. Without realizing it, I, too, knew instinctively that he hasn't killed yet. How did you do that?

The details were entrancing: the sliver of light, the pale hand, the taut wrists. The way his spirit drew men out of slumber, like a siren's song.

"Izanami's child"? ! ? What a great image! Is this yours? Does it come from a tale? What will it mean when Kenshin /does/ "know it"? It hit me like a ton of bricks!

The final paragraphs are so dark and heavy: the inevitability of what will follow; the reappearance of the "boy"; the muted katana (like a song, I tell you!). And when "he withdrew his ki", I swear /I/ felt it; I knew just what Katsura felt in that moment. Wow. Just wow.

I loved how this was as much about Katsura, and /his/ choices, as it was about Kenshin and his /fate/. I think the saddest line was this: Neither they nor Katsura would witness anything like this from Himura ever again." That completed for me what I had been feeling all along: that this was a mistake, that no one should be seeing this. That it could only all end in tears.

I immediately re-read this, both to re-experience it, and to try to sort out all I /was/ feeling, to try to disentangle the torrent of ideas and reactions and horror and awe. I succeeded in re-experiencing it, but failed to master it all.

I was shocked and embarrassed to see my little piece listed not only among the other (excellent!) pieces, but ESPECIALLY on the same page with this beautiful, tapestry-like work. You've created something very special here, something that stands apart. Just reading it awed me.

Thank you. Just... thanks.