Reviews for Again? Hell, NO! But
Padfoot'smyMan chapter 2 . 10/11
You have them telling way too many people to keep it a secret. While I am sure these people are trustworthy hen you have that many people know it is easy to lip and or have them legitimised by Dumdum.
Idk a person chapter 10 . 8/4
I do that at all books i really like and come to love the charaters like Remus, Sirius, Gray Wing, FireStar, And probaly meny more.
Idk a person chapter 10 . 8/4
IM FIGHTING TEARS
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 7/8
You must have REALLY changed the ages of the two oldest Weasley kids in order to have them in Hogwarts with the Marauders. Either you've made Bill and Charlie MUCH older, or else you have made James and Lily very young. According to the Harry Potter Lexicon, there is just over eleven years difference in their ages. The Marauders and Lily were born in 1960 - entering Hogwarts in 1971 - and Bill was born in 1971. Harry had already been born (1980) by the time Bill entered Hogwarts (1982).

Even if you do change Biil's birth year, since Arthur and Molly were born in about 1950, they probably wouldn't have married before 1968, which would have been right after they graduated. The earliest Bill could have been born would be fall of 1968, even assuming Molly was 4-5 months pregnant at the time of graduation (quite possible). I'm no math wizard and may have miscalculated a bit, but I think that would have Bill entering Hogwarts in 1980 at nearly 12, based on the requirement that students be 11 on September first. Even if he was born late in the summer and could have entered Hogwarts in 1979, I believe the Marauders would have left in summer 1978. I just don't see how they could have attended Hogwarts at the same time.

It's nice that the Basilisk has been taken care of so quickly. Not having to deal with the horror of possession by Voldemort should give Ginny a MUCH happier life. Unlike Dumbledore, I can't help thinking that being controlled by that monster for the better part of a year would have tainted Ginny's mind and soul. We know how he used her crush on Harry against her. Not having all that mess, combined with more positive influences from her family, should make it much easier for her to find and love someone else.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 7/8
"... the youngest [Weasley] who starts at Hogwarts next school year is currently under the watch of her paternal grandmother." Whoa! I'll bet Molly is fit to be tied over that turn of events, considering Ginny's paternal grandmother is Cedrella BLACK Weasley (and we know from book five how she feels about the Black family). All of the sites I've checked list Cedrella as a Slytherin, which means Arthur will probably be getting her next Howler! If Ginny is spending serious time with Grannie and loves and respects her at all, then she might also be headed to Slytherin. To be honest, I think Molly sounds as if SHE should have been in Slytherin!

It sounds like Malfoy is his regular old hidebound self. That probably won't be too helpful in getting Ron to open up his mind to new ideas. Fortunately, though, it seems some of the Slytherins might be more forward-thinking. Seamus's comments make me wonder what effect the "lack of Ron" will have among the first year Gryffindor boys. The swap of Adrian for Ron removes a mentally lazy slacker and replaces him with a bright, intellectually curious, hard-worker. Add in a more confident Neville and a VERY different Harry, and Gryffindors first year boys may well be a very different force among their year group.

Three girls who are both fun-loving and academically savvy make a much more attractive group of friends for Parvati and Lavender than the rule-loving, authority-worshipping, hand-waving Hermione of the previous timeline. Knowing they don't have to make a choice between fun and a "female Percy" should help to rein in some of the excess silliness of Parvati and Lavender and encourage their interest in academics. All in all, the new and improved Gryffs could give the other three houses a run for their money academically.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 7/8
Instead of making a to-do about the third floor corridor, why didn't McGonagall just ward it against trespassers and put up notice-me-not charms? Once we learned what wards could do, the only way to understand this announcement is to consider it a red flag waved at a bull. In other words, it was an invitation, not a forbidding.

I'm also curious about Minerva's comment about classes being "taught to all four years together." Since there are actually seven years rather than four, is this a typo? Should "years" really be "Houses"? If so, does this mean that all Houses will be mixed together rather than just Slytherin-Hufflepuff and Gryffindors-Ravenclaw, or some other combination? Or did she mean that students of different years will be mixed together - possibly in the elective classes, which are taught in the last four years?

Ron in Slytherin is a surprise but not a shock. I have always felt that he was as bigoted in his own way as Malfoy. I definitely think he believes that Pureblood Wizards are superior to First-generation witches like Hermione, at least earlier in the saga. Perhaps the new Slytherin Head of House will be working to change those attitudes. I'm not sure that he is what I would call cunning, except when it comes to playing chess ... although that does suggest that he COULD be cunning if he chose.

Ron definitely has high ambitions in canon, as seen in his encounter with the Mirror of Erised. Unfortunately, he seems unwilling to work toward achieving them. He wants to be Head Boy, yet he never takes the initiative to study; Hermione has to nag him to death to get him to do any work. (Yes, I realize that probably didn't help matters much.) It will be interesting to see how he gets on without her to help him. It's possible that the Slytherin kids (apart from Crabbe and Goyle) will be as ambitious as Hermione inside the House - Daphne, Tracey, and Blaise seem inclined toward academic excellence - and force him to do his work, lest he lose House points.

That reminds me ... I wonder if the group of six will bring kids from other houses (Susan, for example) into their circle. It would be nice to see seven common rooms provided for year groups of all Houses. It certainly would encourage the breakdown of inter-House prejudices.

I'm VERY curious to learn how Sirius responds when he hears that Draco believes he is the Black heir ... and even MORE curious to see what he does when he learns that he was used by Draco as a threat against Harry. I am guessing there may be some Marauder Mischief in the offing. Hehe!
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 7/7
I'm curious to find out what happens to Hermione's siblings. I wonder ... were they taken away by Dumbledore or some other creep and then the knowledge of their existence completely Obliviated from the memories of the family? It sounds like something he might do for his stupid "Greater Good."

Too bad Draco didn't go with the Tonks family. He'd have had a far better life, and maybe they could have eventually "loved" the nastiness out of him. It doesn't sound as if that will happen now.
You seem to have used Rowling's notion that Gryffindore is good, Slytherin is evil. Now it wouldn't make sense to have a quarter of the school dedicated to raise evil students, would it? There is nothing wrong with ambition and cunning. It all depends on what they are used for. Same with bravery, can also be used for good or bad. Not that most Syltherins in canon display much cunning or ambition. The height of Draco's plans is "when my father hears this". Crabbe and Goyle's ambition is to speak two sentences in a row.
Snape in canon actually works to bring down Voldemort and knows that Dumbledore believes that Harry will be the one to do it. Unless he plans to get himself killed, is it really cunning, of even common sense, to make Harry hate him? And he doesn't have to treat Harry and all except Slytherin bad to be able to resume his role as a spy. Actually quite the opposite. That Dumbledore allows him to behave that way is a sign that Dumbledore wants him to be a spy again, and as such is a reason for Voldemort not to trust him, therefor negating his value as a spy.
Slytherins in general are shown as eager to insult other students. Is that cunning or ambitious? Not, it is just plain stupid. It is nonthinking behavior that would fit Gryffindores. Even if they consider anybody else beneath them, years down the line they might find themselves in a situation where they need help from someone they insulted in school, and they may deny them because of these memories. Unless the greatest ambition of the Slytherins is to insult other students, which would be quite pathetic.

As far a Ron is concerned, he actually was quite ambitious. He wanted to be Prefect, Head Boy, Quiddich Captain, win the House Cup. Not only that, he also wanted that without any effort. That is really ambitious. Non only that, he also managed to insult Hermione most of the time, although he needed her help. That's behavior on par with the other Slytherins.
"The wording of the prophecy leaves no doubt that if it is true, then Voldemort is not gone completely."
Does it? One simple interpretation is that Harry has a power, which might be Lily's protection, that can and did defeat Voldemort when he tried to kill him. It also describes the situation well: Voldemort uses the killing curse, and the next moment, either Harry will be dead or Voldemort himself. Either died by the hand (fig.) of the other. So maybe Voldemort is only mostly dead, but if we take liberty with the interpretation of "live", why not take liberty with the interpretation of "die". This refers to some people who try to explain away "neither can live", when Harry and Voldemort were both alive at the same time for three years after Voldemort's resurrection, and also for fifteen months before he attacked the Potters.

That is assuming Voldemort is the Dark Lord of the prophecy. For Harry, and maybe for the rest of the wizarding word, Dumbledore was much worse. Voldemort just wanted Harry to be dead, a quick, painless death. Dumbledore wanted Harry to suffer so much for fifteen years that he would be willing to die.

To consider the scar as the mark of the prophecy also doesn't make sense. Creating a mark implies an intention for a meaning of this mark. The Dark Mark is one such mark, in that it is done intentionally, although the meaning is not a mark as an equal, but a mark as followers or slaves. The killing curse normally doesn't leave any injuries. Voldemort didn't intend for Harry to receive a scar and live, he intended Harry to die (without a scar). As he didn't intend to leave a mark at all, he also didn't intend to do that with any meaning. And he obviously didn't consider it dangerous at the time to try to kill Harry, so he didn't consider Harry an equal. Maybe a threat in the future, but not a threat or an equal at the present.
"Personally I think that JKR wrote drama for drama's sake." "Not ALL wizards and witches have to lack in the logic department."
Rowling certainly made Harry's life very difficult, and often unnecessarily. Many wizards might lack logic, but then, logic also isn't that common among non-magicals. If Rowling herself is good with logic (and she compared herself to Hermione), she didn't show it while writing the books. For instance, if Hermione just had been more attentive in Muggle Studies, she might have remembered that they have canned food and they might have filled their bags with enough food for the whole year. Not that Ron's departure was a real loss.

The whole series is a tragedy in seven parts, including the end where Harry is married to the girl who thinks it makes him happy to fight Voldemort, and Hermione is married to Ron although they make each others life miserable.

Regarding logic, either Dumbledore is beyond incompetent and should not be trusted with anything, or his intentions are not good towards either Harry or the wizarding world as a whole. It seems he cares more for the excitement of his game with Voldemort than for the result. Dumbledore might have arranged for Harry to get the sword and basilisk venom so he could destroy the Horcruxes immediately (and don't get me started on the logic of wearing the Horcrux when they know it has ill effects). And "arrange" doesn't mean a will that has to be approved by the ministry. Moody could give Harry the sword after they escape from Privet Drive (another stupid episode, and why waste a month there?).

In short, with "friends" like Dumbledore, who needs enemies?
renextronex chapter 2 . 3/4
ok what?! revivin people with the priori incantantatem?! WTF?! man seriously this must be one of the most inelegants deux ex machina i have seen
Beautiful outstanding great story
Most outstanding. Thank you.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/25/2016
Damn. Lighthearted for most of the story and then bang! Very poignant ending.
I must say, I liked the addition of siblings for Hermione- especially since the murder or sudden deaths of siblings is an interesting explanation for her sort of standoffish attitude in the early books.
hawksma chapter 10 . 8/15/2016
Excellent, thank you for the entertainment.