Reviews for Every Generation
Katgirl129 chapter 4 . 10/23
Such a heartbreaking end to such an amazing miniseries! Of course this leaves me wondering of your interpretation of both American and Canadian history. Based on the epilogue it's obvious that the present is at least similar to our own, with American culture and technology relatively the same. But with north America turned into only Colombia and Mexico, it's obvious a lot of things would have changed. Colombia's play in the world wars, cold war, american civil war, and great depression (if those last three even happen) would greatly effect the course of history and present culture.

I'm going stop rambling, but let me just say the plot worked perfectly, everything that was shared history between the two timelines was pretty accurate and the bittersweet ending closed everything in a way that left one begging for more but not in an unstatisfied way. I really enjoyed this AU, so thank you!
Crimson cat angel chapter 4 . 10/4
L-01313 chapter 4 . 9/3
SomethingMoreQ chapter 3 . 8/11
Of course! General Winter! "My greatest General..." That's a beautiful touch, especially the way you described it.
But the feels. The feels of the last. At first I thought that Arthur shot Alfred on purpose, but no. I can see how Mattie's going to change with Alfred's death.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 2 . 8/11
Wooooooah. I like how this is shaping up. I like how Russia is in here and training Canada. I like how you've made this story look more upon Canada. It's an interesting perspective on him, how he's so much more...there in this story. He plays a big role, rather than being more passive like in mist stories I've read.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 1 . 8/11
This is surprisingly exhilarating, especially with the ending sentence. It's pretty dramatic too, and I like it. The dawn of a new's a tantalizing thought. I really like this so far.
Gwntan12 chapter 3 . 8/10
Yep. Definitely one of those stories where I'm sobbing like a small child and wanting to kick Arthur in the face, or something.
Aomina chapter 4 . 7/10
that hit me right in the American heart. I cried so much. you really did an amazing job :')
I am very much not okay with this. Not okay. There are tears in my eyes.

Thank you for writing this. I know I'll be coming back and rereading it and causing myself pain because I never learn XD ah, the emotions lol
Sora Matasuki chapter 1 . 1/11
Ah... still after all these years, this fic still makes me cry.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/20/2015
This hurts, when I read the part where they won. I was so happy then Bam! America dies, and then the epilogue. I'm drowning in tears. ;-;
Harmonic Bunny chapter 4 . 7/22/2015
Wow, I mean, my heart is broken. Completely broken. America itself is gone, with all of its potential. Alfred, leaving behind Matthew to remember him. But even though Alfred does die by England's hand, he knows that Matthew has given him freedom from England if only for a moment.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/4/2015
Asdfbs\£\ *slams head into keyboard*
Okay okay *inhale exhale* wow this was... Unique. Although I found this disturbing, it was in a interesting way, I guess? Awesome. I'm really getting mixed signals now...
Guest chapter 4 . 11/16/2014
Not cool, buddy. I cried and wtf this was beautiful. I loved seeing Mattie being strong, I know he has it in him and I love it when authors bring it out. God, I am SO glad we won the Revolution. Why did you have to make me cry that's not fair. This was really beautiful and ugh I can't even words right now. That fact means that you gave me too many feels and that really says something about your story and your writing. Gah.
Edassu chapter 4 . 10/2/2014
I don't cry but you made me sniff in really, really hard in the nose...