Reviews for Chuck & Sarah Vs The Bunker
berksboy chapter 12 . 6/24
Ok, so that was a good story, it certainly started off really well, the first few chapters were action packed, I just had to keep reading and I liked the flashbacks, I guess to get to that part of the story with C/S married and Sarah pregnant you have to read the prequel.

I enjoyed the writing style mostly and the chapters with C/S relationship overall, especially the three of them and not to fluffy, sometimes just loving is enough.

I would say and it's only my opinion that I didn't think that a certain phrase used by Sarah in the latter stages during the bunker scenes was necessary, you may know it if you have read any of the adorable psycho stories, when I say necessary, it didn't fit with this story line but that's me being only slightly critical, although I do understand there is a jealous side to Sarah especially regarding brunettes.

I will now start the sequel and may be the prequel in time.

Thank you NinjaVanish for this, an entertaining story and look forward to reading more from you in the future.
berksboy chapter 4 . 6/23
This story was completed years ago so i won't review each chapter, but man, so far the story has been really exciting, not what i was expecting and it's all beginning to make sense now form the first chapter, i think.

Last chapter, Sarah was adorable in the hospital and at home and this chapter i loved "I'm a little busy here, Babe!" nine months pregnant firing a hunting rifle, that's my girl.

So so far all the chapters have been well written and fast paced and this chapter has ended on a double cliffhanger, it's 1 o'clock in the morning but i'm not done reading yet.

Thanks for posting this.
berksboy chapter 1 . 6/23
Wow! What an exciting start to the story, like what you named the baby, as it should be.

Walker is serious badass! and yet seems like a doting mum, like it.

Just one question, should I be reading this story first or the prequel? or does it not matter.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 12 . 3/29/2017
Thank you for thoroughly answering my unasked question about what Chuck would be like if it had been directed by Quentin Tarantino while he was wanking off to a military spec manual. This story is hilarious.

It's not hilarious in a "wow, this is so bad it's good" kind of way, but just in a "wait, are we pausing to list out the rpm specs of *another* piece of hardware in the middle of an awesome aerial gun battle?!" kind of way.

I suspect you're a male author. I might be utterly and completely wrong, in which case, go you, but oy, I typically only run across this kind of weapons-wanking midfic behavior in male authors. Like you guys somehow think that pausing in the middle of the action to list the alphabet soup of gun model names and the size of the rounds each weapon takes is actually a *good* idea.

That being said, your habit of doing this definitely sells two things: first, the characters know their specs and feel like real, trained military/intelligence types (nice job with Chuck analyzing the incoming helicopters and estimating the size of the attack force), and second, you've read a lot of Tom Clancy novels (or his ilk, at least). It makes your writing voice unusual in the world of Chuck fanfic.

There's a constant, low-grade stream of typos (mostly punctuation), and you don't seem to grasp the concept of clear scene breaks—and you put scene breaks in places that don't require them—but wow, did this story drag me along at a breathless pace! I've been enjoying it so much that I'm willing to wade through the distraction of the typos and the jarring scene changes. I alternated between being able to clearly picture all of this fantastic violence—it's *very* well described—and laughing at the characters' by-play and the situations you put them in.

They don't really feel 100% like canon Chuck and Sarah to me—rather more like a Chuck and Sarah who have been put through a Kill Bill shredder, stirred in with a big dollop of cartoon sexuality, and glued back together by the warm glow of parenthood—but you have fun writing these people, and I have fun reading about them.

Nice feint with the helicopter deaths. Great job with all the original secondary characters. Excellent job with the pacing. Interesting use of nonlinearity in the storytelling: I kept getting whiplash from how often you changed the setting and the focus of the action, but it certainly kept my interest. Nice job making me think initially that Beckman was the NSA nemesis, and then revealing that it was actually The Ring behind the bad stuff. Nice job preserving the core of the conundrum that is Chuck: extremely capable and taking out a dozen opponents in one moment, then tripping over his feet with his armored vest upside down over his head in the next.

Nice moments of humanity in the middle of all the violence. I liked it when both parents were hoping for a baby that looked like the other person. I *really* liked it when they escaped from the bunker and were in the back of Casey's Crown Vic, and what they were proud of was that they'd made a beautiful baby, not that they had just laid waste to their Ring opposition.

In other news, I hope you finished your thesis and all the papers you were grading, and you're now teaching creative writing at a top military academy somewhere. :)

Thanks for a fun read! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
baldcoder chapter 12 . 4/22/2016
Good story. Well done!
AppleSpongeCake chapter 5 . 12/17/2015
That is a pretty ridiculous failure.
Lissy94 chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
Sarah is so badass! this was a great first chapter
MarauderMist chapter 12 . 7/8/2015
Good Story! I couldn't stop reading till i completed the story..
Anony chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
I came across this story after it was written and left one complementary review, but it really deserves a review for every chapter - it's that good.

That said: the first chapter introduces the most wonderfully kick-ass yet vulnerable and three dimensional version of Sarah Walker I've encountered in fan fiction. It's action packed, but filled with emotion - just mesmerizing.
Man of Troy chapter 12 . 1/21/2015
Wow. What a ride. This was a nice close out to this story and excellent lead in to the next. Might not get to that one for awhile though. Thanks for the work.
Man of Troy chapter 11 . 1/21/2015
Wow. Lots of great interaction here. I won't go into detail with the Charah (I think my ears were red while reading it) but the Casey snark, Elliejoy, all of it was just awesome.
Man of Troy chapter 10 . 1/21/2015
Really? Another damned cliff? Too cruel. Great chapter though. More jealous Sarah and awesome Charah. Or Charisa?
Man of Troy chapter 9 . 1/21/2015
Good banter. Jealous Sarah. The end of Chuck and Franks special friendship. Fun chapter.
Man of Troy chapter 8 . 1/20/2015
Happy Anniversary to them! Is it hot in here or is it just me?
Man of Troy chapter 7 . 1/20/2015
Man they're together but NOT. That sucks. Good to see Casey back on the team. No fat kid there. Good stuff.