Reviews for Tales of Older Days
hixto chapter 6 . 1/7/2011
Another flailable chapter if I do say so my evil self. The descriptions of Melinna's rescue and Gogol's treeification were incredible, I was hanging on every word. Erestor's little ruse at the end is a hoot, he's so clever.

Did someone say laser eyes? Wasn't me, but what an excellent idea. ;-)

You are awesome and this story is awesomer! May the inspiration continue.
Kitt Otter chapter 6 . 1/6/2011
I shouldn’t be so surprised the dragonet has the middle-of-the-bed instinct as well!

“that the dragonet was trying to train him to dispense food at the merest suggestion of a whine” – That is also too true.

Bread and parsley isn’t the most ideal breakfast. I feel for Gogol… parsley and I are enemies…at any rate I can’t blame her for looking around and not stealing. It WAS the parsley that set her to it. I had hoped we’d get to see Old Man Willow! And he’s just as grouchy as ever. Turning into a tree was neat, not fun for Gogol, but neat… And this time it’s Goldberry to the rescue! Hehe – the hat’s probably more attractive on her than on her husband.

Ah, Melinna’s dead… but not dead-dead…? That’s why you shouldn’t mix science and Fëar. The descriptions were gruesome yet poetic. “Lukewarm and gelatinous” in particular has stayed with me.

That’s a good idea – Námo would know! He knows everything!

EEE – we got to see Earendil’s classic homecoming!:D Earendil and Elwing always struck me as a pair both awesome and sad. You’ve got that down pat.

Glad Kat’s back into the picture!

Ahhh, that is cold of Erestor. And that last comment of his was rather, uh, ominous. I get the feeling he knows something we don’t…

Congrats on the MEFA! _
Larner chapter 6 . 1/5/2011
So-Melinna is now dead? Certainly she is safe in Earendil's care, and heading for Mandos, which is even safer. But is she now stuck in Aman? Hmm!

And trust Old Man Willow to do that to poor Gogol!
Virtuella chapter 6 . 1/3/2011
Oh, wonderful descriptions, wonderful dialogue and wonderful plotting! This was well worth waiting for - which doesn't mean, however, that we want to wait this long again for the next chapter!
militaryhistory chapter 6 . 1/3/2011
Fairly funny-I liked it.

So when will Mili figure out that he's a dupe?
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 6 . 1/3/2011
...I...

Wow.
Gogol chapter 6 . 1/3/2011
YAYYYYYYYYYY I HAVE BEEN SAVED BY THE RIVER DAUGHTER AND WILL NOT FIND MYSELF REINCARNATED AS A VAMPIRE SQUASH.

Also this was, of course, glorious. Particularly Melinna aboard the starship, humorous or not. Though I'm still, of course, holding out for the first manifestation of the laser eyes.

*wubs, and wubs, and wubs*
darkdranzer chapter 5 . 12/26/2010
O_o. oh. what happend to melinna? update soon!
Kitt Otter chapter 5 . 12/17/2010
I’ve been saving this for after the Finals. It did not disappoint!

/"I am quite disappointed," she said, instead of taking Mili's axe and using it to remove that resurgent smirk./ - Now that’s some impressive self-control from our lady-villain! (*rereads* Uh, the double-disappoint, I didn’t actually mean to do that... )

Melinna’s also cool-headed, even in the face of the Box of Impolite Scribbles.

Positively wish I could have seen Mili’s face at Mellinna’s last words. But I’m not sure I want to know what frescoes the Lady may be referring to.

Hmm, so did Melinna’s hair absorb the light...? Elf hair does absorb starlight, right? I guess their both skin and hair are phosphorescent, though it seems more prevalent among the pre-sun elves… is it because they had more tender skin? I’ve always assumed the sun baked the ability out of the younger generation. Otherwise Legolas should have glowed like a coal in Moria… Yeah, I had too much caffeine today, sorry…

Separating their Fëar! Now that is evil! I admit, I’m impressed by Lady Inez’s malice.

Yes, an elaborate machine to kill people would be overboard when any kitchen knife would do... Aw, I wouldn't want Mili to be the next guineapig. I like him, henchperson though he is. This bit with the Machine reminded me of Princess Bride; there’s some echo of Count Rugen and the Albino in Lady Inez and Mili. :)

Inconceivable! Gogol being babysat by Bombadil…! Or, so far as she’s concerned, the head-uncorking maniac. This could either be disastrous or instructive; I mean, Tom *could* have both Gogol and the Dragonet rhyming and using forks by the time Erestor returns.

Woah! A zombie Maglor was frightening enough. "He who arises in Might" sent chills down my spine. Ach, things are more serious than I thought! Now Erestor must rescue his wife and possibly help save the world as well! I look forward to whatever scheme he cooks up.

…Didn’t I add this to my favorites? I’ll add it again anyway…

Happy Christmas, Clodia!
Virtuella chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
Oh, what a very unexpected twist and turn to the Dark Side! That was goosebump-inducing.

And Tom Bombadil, yes, poor Gogol, what a punishment. :)

This is great, keep it coming!
hixto chapter 5 . 10/17/2010
Wow, that's a monstrously good chapter. Words flail, I mean fail, me. Almost. That is one cunningly evil machine that could only be wrought by someone as cunningly evil as Inez. There's something about her that's so familar...

Anyway, this chapter had a nice balance of comedy and terror. This: "If only this Elf had been a Noldo! Lady Inez appreciated the Noldor: they took life seriously, and often. A Noldo would have had the grace to threaten and bluster and swear unwise oaths of impossible vengeance, at the very least." had me laughing so hard I forgot to breathe. Then there's the poetically terrifying bloody Elf and seascape. Just excellent all around. *wild applause*

Oh, and pink hair? Pink? Now she'll have to remove all purple from her wardrobe. I hope you realize that.
Larner chapter 5 . 10/17/2010
Melkor? She's in the void? And poor Gogol!
Oleanne chapter 5 . 10/17/2010
Melinna isn't getting out of this without some serious help! Just who is Inez - surely NOT a Lady... Hope Erestor and some help from Tom Bombadil or Imladris is coming soon.
Larner chapter 4 . 10/13/2010
I have a feeling that Melinna has no intentions of allowing herself to become a cog in the Machine. And I find the idea of Inez's hair having an appetite for Dwarves to be-fascinating! Heh! Well, I DO want to find out what happens next!
Larner chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
She's now in the Barrow-downs? What are the wights going to think of a cold-drake? Growing more fascinating by the second. And lovely that the first word the little dragon learns is an Elvish curse-word!
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »