Reviews for Subtlety Personified
LittleBabyDamien chapter 4 . 9/28/2014
Lovely foreshadowing, and very poignant moment between Severus and Slughorn. Your writing style is lovely as well, simple, subtle and straightforward but also elegant, somehow.
Snarky64 chapter 4 . 3/8/2014
What a little gem this story is! All the little manipulations of canon and superb additions of IC detail and Skeeter's acidic prose! I would dearly love to believe that Snape had the staff on-side like this and Slughorn was this power for Slytherin good. However, I also wonder if you are actually deceiving us as Slughorn *is* prone to casting himself in the best possible light and Snape is no longer around to call him out. Either way, it is a deliciously detailed fic with a superb Sluggy voice.
MuggleCreator chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Oh my Merlin.
Before now I had not considered...
Squawk!

Recently it was shown to me in a few fics that Poppy might have guessed, once things had calmed down a bit, Snape's true allegiance. She is a highly skilled mediwitch, after all; she should've been able to recognise the symptoms of a curse, even if she knew she couldn't treat it. Slughorn also makes sense; he's a Slytherin through and through, canny enough and long-lived enough to recognise the truth of things.

But Minerva! Gads, before now I thought she'd been blindsided to the very end by it! (I did not factor Flitwick, either.) But oh, wow! Of course!
monkeemary chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Your stories make me want to read the entire series from the POV of the good witches and wizards of the Hogwarts Staffroom. Rowling probably won't write it, but you could...(she suggested, optimistically...)
JustFishy chapter 3 . 6/25/2012
Dare I say it, dare I risk scandal? Should I mention ...

Bah - I'm a Gryffindor, I fear NOTHING - so I'll just blurt it out ...

*snip*

"Remind me to tell you about that time I kindly assisted Lockhart with a dueling lesson – it's quite a funny story. Potter helped, too, but that time it only cost us a snake."

*snip*

I laughed openly here. Snape, in this bit, is FUNNY! The only other author that writes Snape as funny is MMADfan - which she does amazingly well in An Act of Love - but I digress - the whole theory on Potter hating animals and how animals always find their demise around him was hysterical!
Kerubim chapter 4 . 4/3/2012
Excellent and funny story. I very much enjoyed it.

And aside from that nit pick a chapter back, the story was perfect. Well done! :)
Kerubim chapter 3 . 4/3/2012
'Professor McGonagall taught them Occlumency'

McGonagall does not know Ocllumency or Leginmency. It's a rare and extremely hard to learn skill that only a handful of people in the series have been able to learn. More then half the kids would fail due to the inability of being able to control their emotions to the extent and level needed to preform proper Ocllumency.

And they can forget trying to block Snape because he's much too powerful for everyone in that school, except for Dumbledore.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 4 . 11/13/2011
an interesting take on that year at Hogwarts. Nice to think Snape had some friends then. A very touching ending. Thanks for sharing this.
sammyfish chapter 4 . 7/2/2011
Lovely :) Well done!
PaintMeAntagonist chapter 4 . 5/17/2011
I quite enjoyed this. I'm glad you've written Snape some allies (even if this last bit made me sniffle). I hate to think of him doing everything alone. I'm also really glad it's through Slughorn's eyes. I've never much thought about Slughorn but you create such a fascinating voice for him.
BlackGryphon101 chapter 2 . 1/21/2011
I'm glad that Snape is not completely alone in the castle.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Ah, dear sweet Sluggy; never saw a high caloric treat he didn't like. Students? Unless they're useful, they're not real to him.

No doubt he's glad all that horrible business with Snape is over, too. And those students from Slytherin dumped out into the battle? Sucks to be them.
Cassandra30 chapter 4 . 8/23/2010