Reviews for Let's Play Ball
ScifigeekET chapter 4 . 7/27/2010
Ha! I love the idea of Johnny being the commentator, especially with his line at the end, and am hoping for MORE. :) I like the interaction you have between the heroes and villans, though I'm suprised they put a bomb on the field. O_o

Update soon!

ScifigeekET chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
Erm... cough. The launguage is a little intense for a K rating, isn't it? The F word? Really? 'Mess' would have been fine if you wanted to keep the rating, or just changing it to T would work. Just a suggestion, because you could get some complaints. (like this one. :) )

Other than that, it's a great story. I like the scene where the villans chased off the little kids. So in character. Am also enjoying the Magneto/Ock confrontations.

Keep writing!

ScifigeekET chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Wow. Superheroes and baseball. :D It's a really unique idea; and it's not too serious or too ridiculous. Great job!

Ghost in the Machine chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
I know if I were writing this, I'd be taking the game far, far too seriously. You aren't and that's what I'm enjoying the most about this.
MoonSpider95 chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
Nice! Can't wait to read the game!
disapproval-face chapter 3 . 4/19/2010
Wow. I don't even know what to say other then: LOL X 100,0,0! THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME! PLEASE HURRY UP AND WRITE CHAPTER 4!
Ghost in the Machine chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
Some inspired choices, although I'd have put Sandman in center instead of right. But I'll wait and see how you have Mandarin handle the job. (Personally, I think Sandy has the better arm.)
Ghost in the Machine chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
Ghost Rider at short? The mind boggles. I'm not sure how good a flaming skeleton can be as a defender. 8)

The Silver Surfer has had a few run ins with Doctor Doom. He might not be as unbiased you might think. (Doom keeps trying to steal the Power Cosmic. It gets annoying after awhile, even to someone as aloof as Norrin Radd..)

I love Susan Richards being invisible for her try-out. How can you tell where her strike zone is when you can't see her?

In a few old Marvel Annuals, back when there were two Avenger teams, the East Coast Avengers played the West Coast Avengers in softball. I also remember a couple of X-Men annuals where the X-men are playing baseball/softball. If you have the resources, you might want to track them down.

I look forward to seeing the Villain try outs. (And farther down the road, Thor bringing all of Asgard to the game.)
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I remember that DC did a story like this back in the 70's. But I don't think Marvel had done this? This ought to be fun!

About Ghost in the Machine's review:

I didn't know that Rhino had played baseball, but the other two are going to drive the heroes crazy. Bullseye and Boomerang are using sheer skill, so they can't be called as cheating for using superpowers in the game! :)

As for the umpire, I figure that Captain America will be asked to step out of the hero team's lineup for that responsibility. Cause I know that Marvel's made the point that Cap's reputation for fairness and honesty are such that even the countries that were against America could respect him personally?
Ghost in the Machine chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Bullseye: 100 mph fastball and pinpoint accuracy. Starting pitcher.

Boomerang: 95 mph fastball. Relief pitcher.

Rhino: Catcher. Blocks the plate like you wouldn't believe.

All of these have canon professional baseball experience.

Have fun, but don't forget to ask yourself who would both side accept as umpire.