Reviews for Friends in Low Places
Ysaye chapter 12 . 6/3
Wow. Just ... wow. I totally loved this clash of three of the strongest women in One Piece. I'd really like to read more stories like that. Your stories are always so full of suspense, I hold my breath until the very end, just can't stop reading at all until I've finished it.

Please continue like that!

Ysaye
Sarcasticles chapter 12 . 11/17/2015
How did I miss that this updated? It's these types of fics that are my favorite to read; I like how you take bits of pieces of canon and tie them together in a believable way. I could totally see this happening.

I found the prose to be a bit purple-ish at times, but the way you described Monets DF was amazing, such good use of imagery. You showed just how powerful she was without making Kureha look foolish or stupid in comparison. I also liked how you handled Sugars power, with Tsuru forgetting her subordinates.

Lastly, I love how you portrayed Kureha's protectiveness of Chopper. Those last sentences were perfectly in character.

My only complaint is that I wish Kurehas inner thoughts were italicized. There were times when I had difficulty separating it from the narration. But that's a style issue, and totally your decision. Hope to see more chapters in the future, especially if they happened to feature Bellemere or Olvia with Akainu.
RAGA chapter 11 . 7/22/2015
Loved this. Definitely going to be a favorite of mine. I especially appreciate how you bring so many plots/events/characters together that we don't get to see in the canon and make it all work out. I hope you continue with more of this (maybe a girl from the Dressrosa arc?).

Thanks so much for such a great fic!
Velonica14 chapter 6 . 3/24/2015
Glad you wrote something between Robin and Kuzan; their relationship is pretty cool. He's is a very interesting character and also likable in a way so (now especially after the time skip, wonder what hes up to) :3
Velonica14 chapter 2 . 3/22/2015
Hahaha that was quite fun to read xD I can definitely see Law do something like that. Serves you right Nami :P
texgal chapter 11 . 11/23/2014
You updated it! Go, Tomas! I've been missing this story and was wondering if you were every going to add anything else to it. I'm so glad you did.
Excellent, as usual. Kaku is a cool character, which is not what I would personally expect from a dude with a weird nose whose special claim to fame is turning into a friggin' giraffe. You did great at showing him as the total badass that he is - torturing and killing the don, holding his own with little trouble against both Baby 5 and Koala - yet retaining his human side by not killing Koala in the boat after their fight. It's nice to be reminding that the guy isn't just a heartless killing machine. His mercy strikes me as being one of the biggest things that differentiates him from Lucci.
Speaking of which, I love Koala! I was so happy when she showed up with Sabo in the manga. Glad she showed up here! And I completely agree with her - what the hell kind of a name is Baby 5? I've never been a fan of that chick; her dependence on being 'needed', while funny at times like in this story, just annoys the hell out of me most of the time.
As I said, excellent as usual. May we look forward to more?
...Please?
Son of Whitebeard chapter 11 . 11/23/2014
great to see CP9 this is an interesting universe
JoojooBrother chapter 10 . 10/30/2014
All these stories are fantastic, even when not canon compliant. Thank you.
Aki-Whose name has been stolen chapter 10 . 3/26/2014
I must say, out of all of them, I loved Nami's meeting with Law. Is it possible to get a sequel? Anotheer meeting perhaps? It even has great potential for a multi chaptered fic. Please do update soon!
Sora Tayuya chapter 10 . 2/5/2014
That vile wretch Ceasar and the wonderful queen? Very interesting. I enjoyed the way you wrote the queen, and Ceasar's performance was chillingly realistic.
Sora Tayuya chapter 9 . 2/4/2014
With "teach" in the title, Blackbeard was expected. Madame Sharley was not, though it was evident who she was right away. You captured Teach's mannerisms marvelously, and did a fine job with Madame Sharley as well. Teach is that odd, special case of villain who had unknown potential, right until he did the deeds. Terrifying, but not in the normal way. You wrote him splendidly.
Sora Tayuya chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
My goodness; the only villain vaguely fitting the description of Robert was Lucci, but I didn't believe it until the claws came out...what a terrifying prospect. An interesting and well-written plot.
Sora Tayuya chapter 7 . 2/3/2014
While the word "lion" prompted me to consider Shiki, I couldn't imagine it was him until you got to his legs. Still, though an odd pairing at first glance, it makes progressively more sense, with the sky and all being his domain. A very unusual chapter, but none the less excellent. You captured both Shiki and Aisa very well.
Sora Tayuya chapter 6 . 2/2/2014
Kuzan and Robin are a pair of my very favorite characters - my favorite female in the series, and possibly my favorite Marine. Their relationship is interesting, and I've always found it very unfortunate how Robin gets along so terribly with the man. Since his first appearance I've found him to be quite likeable, reasonable, and good-natured. I've noticed that you've taken the girls' side in several of these cases, and while very reasonable in most, it is unfortunate about Nami's reaction to Law (of course, as of this review, we viewers do not know the true intentions of Law's actions, why he is acting as he is and his true history), and of Robin's to Aokiji. As Kuzan and Law are among my favorite male characters in their classes, I tend to lean towards their side on matters, so I suppose this remark is based more on personal preference than on actual writing style (which remains excellent, by the way).

In other words, I would like to thank you for the amusing shout-out to Alcatraz and Cancun, which I meant to mention previously, but in the interest of the chapter conclusions, forgot about.
Sora Tayuya chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
A look at the histories and future actions of two lesser-known but equally interesting characters. A very nice retrospective on Lafitte's past, and some Hina moments as well.