Reviews for Expectations Past
Barry Waterfield chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
In essence this was the ending that Dickens intended for Great Expectations and it fits well, much better than the second ending. Pip does not win the Turkey and for that I feel he should be grateful, but then anyone who has suffered unrequited love will understand the disease that eats the soul. Having said that, this story does set a few mysteries which I confess I have not resolved. Just what is under the blankets. I don't know, and I have no real idea who the secret lover is or what it is she refers to eleven years ago. A story like this needs clues that even the thickest of us can pick up on. Me. I think I'd like an epilogue.
LoyalSark chapter 3 . 3/12/2010
I liked that Jaggers changed his mind at the last minute about having them back to his creepy house for dinner. Mindful of weirding out Estella, is he? ;) I as also glad to see Wemmick, as he's a favorite of mine. And the obsessive handwashing at the end - loved it.

- LoyalSark
LoyalSark chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Off to a good start, my dear. Liked the dialogue - good voices. And I'm pleased you're working off Dickens' original ending. I look forward to the next chapter.

- LoyalSark