Reviews for Death, Be Not Proud
Wicked R chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
whoa there.
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Wow. Just wow. I loved it. Really felt the emotions - poor Dean. And Cas!
SummerMistedDragon chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
oh wow...
Apollo199199 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
You have no idea how your last lines about Team Free Will made me cry my eyes out, especially in the light of what has happened in the Season 6 finale!

I love the trio, they are a family, and they have been through hell and back for each other, fought and bled for each other, their bond is real and it's powerful, seeing what the Season 6 finale has done to Team Free Will, to see the writers mercilessly tearing down their bond to each other and turning them into enemies, it just breaks my heart!

I long for the time when the three guys are together fighting the good fight, I long for the time where Cas is being awkward and Dean and Sam being amused and exasperated. They are brothers of the heart and brothers in arms, and now I fear Season 7 will take that bond away permanently, that Team Free Will has broken for good!

I sure hope the boys will find their way back to each other because I refuse to believe after all the crap they've been through, after the wars they've fought together that Team Free Will is just going to break apart now!

I know this story was a long time ago, but thank you for your beautiful story of how these three boys will always stand by each other, always be there for each.
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Lovely story. Cas is a BAMF and I love stories where all three of them work together.
Carrie Ann chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
SO sad! The ending of the story made me think that you killed Cas off... with that last line of the poem "…One short sleep past, we wake eternally, and death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die."

Hope this wasn't a death fic, because otherwise it's completely beautiful!
xdeletedxaccountx chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Love it!

This is completely fabulous! :D

Love,

J.
yyqh chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I really love this story. Beautifully written and very powerful. I didn't realize that Cas would really die in this fic until I got to the last line. Really heartbreaking. I was expecting some miracle would befall so Dean's angel could be saved.

My personal favourite:

"stabbed an angel, his angel, his friend; he'd stabbed Cas…"

And the awesome ending, "but their fingers wove together a tapestry of trust and hope and faith if not in God or themselves, but in each Free Will." Those words are really powerful, showing how these human fight against the destiny.

Once again, I really really love it!
Feathered Filly chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I have to say that I am very thoroughly flattered! You knew how much I wanted a story where Dean accidentally potentially fatally wounds Castiel and this is just a huge surprise and really made my crappy day and week better. I'm not just saying that, I really do mean it! This brought such a huge smile to my face and really lifted my mood! You're awesome, plain and simple, just awesome!

The whole situation kind of made Dean's and Castiel's relationship come full circle, since, as you included in the story, upon their first meeting Dean stabbed Castiel... but that time it was of no bother to the angel even though Dean really had meant for it to be. Now in this present situation Dean didn't mean to hurt Castiel but he definitely did... don't know if that made any sense, but I hope you at least know what I'm trying to get at.

You captured and conveyed the emotions I wanted from Dean in this situation so perfectly Of course there's the guilt he feels for wounding Castiel and not realizing that the angel couldn't even heal himself anymore; but I'm talking more about the utter helplessness he feels with the whole situation. He places his hand over the wound to stop the bleeding but can't do much more than that with the shock and helplessness; so Sam takes over and checks Castiel's pulse and talking softly to him.

This story was just beautifully written, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift! My two favorite parts would have to be the last paragraph especially with this particuliar quote "...their fingers wove together a tapestry of trust and hope and faith if not in God or themselves, but in each other" and Dean referring to Castiel as "HIS angel, HIS friend; he stabbed Cas..." You're an artist with words, seriously!

Even though the story was angst heavy, a few particuliar parts like having Dean notice the change in Castiel's mannerisms and the whole bit about the texting really added a bit of levity and light hearted humor to the story.
TranquilTears chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
How completely heartbreaking this story is; especially when Dean came to the sudden realization that he was the one who had wounded Castiel, "stabbed an angel, his angel, his friend; he'd stabbed Cas…" just really loved that line. It's an even better line since I know there's no slashy undertones like so many other authors imply in their writing. Not only is it Dean's who wounded Castiel he's also the one who's caused Cas to become so weak where such a wound would even matter; and even with all that, Casatiel still trusts in Dean grasps onto him.

Overall another beautiful wonderful friendship fic. Not enough friendship in this fandom, so I'm grateful for writers like you. Thank you : )
Mishamigo chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Wow that was just great! Your writing is fantastic and what a delicious helping of angst that was! I absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for posting this :)
Psychee chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Wow. Could you please, please do a second chapter with Castiel getting better or Gabriel healing him or even (gasp) Dean making a deal (to talk just to talk) with Michael if he will heal Castiel.

I really liked the story but hated it to end like this.
snchills chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I think you should keep writing angst because this story was fabulous.
AmiNoo chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I loved this story! I think you wrote and conveyed the characters' emotions incredibly well :).

The realisation that Dean had been the one to stab Castiel (albeit in his literally blind state of panic) was heartbreaking and Dean's reaction to it was saddening.

The imagery of the last lines: "but their fingers wove together a tapestry of trust and hope and faith if not in God or themselves, but in each other.

Team Free Will." - was just amazing and perfectly written!

It's a really great story so thank you very much for sharing! :D. Xx
L. Eastham chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I've always loved this poem, so nice work incorporating it into the story. And what any sort of story from you be without the angst? Your strong points are the emotions involved with the whole h/c angst thing and you should write what you know you're good at.

Getting Dean's outlook on how Castiel has changed from since the first time he met him in the barn and stabbed him through the heart, noticing how slowly Castiel is becoming more human, up to the current point in this story where he's once again stabbed Castiel, but discovering that now Cas is too human to simply "mojo" himself back together like he did in their first meeting. It comes full circle and I'm actually afraid this is what could possibly happen in the show, Castiel receiving a simple injury/wound that normally wouldn't be of any harm to him, but since he's slowly losing his angelic powers he won't be able to heal himself and will be killed.

Very nice little story and I graciously accept it as the weekly update instead of 'Measures of Reconciliation'.