Reviews for Cry of the Flame
kittykruger chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I am virtually on my hands and knees BEGGING you to post the next chapter. This says it's been 2-3 years since you put the prologue up. When I looked up fan fictions on MKR immediately upon finishing the second part/book, I honestly wasn't expecting one this good. It's so creative, and although I don't normally like it when OCs become major characters, you made it work. It's really cool to see how much effort you put into this! I especially like how you came up with names that has to do with their characters; it's not often that that happens.

On a slightly unrelated note, I totally knew what "Amani" meant when you used it for a name. In my choir, we sang a song that was half French and half in an African language that I can seem to recall the name of right now. It was titled "Amani" and alternatively called "A Song for Peace"

Sorry for rambling. Now back to the subject for me! I really really really really REALLY hope that this story isn't discontinued or anything. I really hope I don't sound rude when I say this, but two (to three) years is quite a long time. It's like if Leonardo Da Vinci left a large corner of one of his paintings blank. There'd be this lonely little void that could only be filled with speculation. Like, seriously. Your writing style is so smooth and connected and you managed to keep the suspense going really well. I could barely manage to look away! I daresay your writing skills have probably gotten better since you completed the second part of this, which is a pretty nice upside to the wait.

By no means am I trying to force you to write more than you presently can- this is just me fangirling and thinking "out loud" so to speak. (hah, get it? So to speak? ... Yeah, I do have a horrible sense of humor, why'd ya ask? ;) ) Good luck, and more importantly, have fun as you show us readers that amazing writing talent of yours! :D
trin-nyaLove chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
You really should continue these. I read the other two stories in about 2 days, and I must know what happens now!

P.s. Can I make a suggestion of Clef being much older and tired, closer to death...

PLEASE CONTINUE, EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS!
Uchiha Ino chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Hello there, I've been in love with this story for years now. I never got the chance to comment because I never made an official account in this site but I constantly checked your profile to see if you ever continued this trilogy.

I am hoping that you could continue this and never lose the will to finish this trilogy. You survived two long and awesome stories, why not do more on this one? I know real life must be a bit heavy on you right now or you've probably grown out of you MKR love but it'll be awesome if you can still continue this. And if you do, I'll definitely be here to read it. :)
Anne chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
First of all, I would like to say that I absolutely LOVED both ToTS and SoTW...I love how you bring the characters to life, and the story is just SO GOOD! I really hope that this "hiatus" of sorts in beetween the prologue and the rest of the story is only temporary...I would hate to think that this great adventure in never going to have a finale...also I always root for happy endings, so the happy couples should actually BE happy for once, don't you think?

Anyway, enough rambling, just wanted to say that I still wait for this final chapter...take your time but please continue!
Nova-KaruKaru chan chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
You broke the rule candy Ferio say that it was a tradition to not write the legend down?Jk Jk. I love your MKR stories. your Originals are so colorful and you portrayed the Old characters that we all know and love perfectly. Hurry up and write the next chapter already!
M.T.H chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
When are u gooing 2 write more I have read the first 2 parts of your trilogy Heart of the Sea and Song of the Wind I realy enjoy your writing. If u r having writers block just make a chapter fore authors notes. Thats all by. U have a grate writers voice.
Xyncomix chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Oh wow.. I just read the first 2 parts of your trilogy in about 4 days. So thrilling I could not stop reading. It's been quite a while since I've enjoyed a fanfiction this much!

I'm also curious if some more details will be resolved in the last final part. For some reason I can't help but wondering about probably rather unimportant details.. like I thought in the first part of the trilogy I thought one of the precedessor Magic Knights joked about having met her grandmother in the spring of Eterna.. and in the 2nd part it was said each one of them had each met the other two Magic Knights in their tests. (ah well, not like it influences the whole story c.c)

Or who was the old woman Fuu talked to when she crashed into forest when having her rough landing on Cephiro during Song of wind... I mean she just vanished O_O.

I'm also curious if the nature of shadow is explained. I have to admit I was a little confused, since I thought shadow was sealed together with Xander... I can only guess either only Xander was sealed or that maybe it's a bit as with the stone in the 2nd part... Although since he transformed into some shadow monster it seems different from the evil guy in the 2nd part...

Or is indeed evil Aeric the source of it all?... Hmm.. Why are the evil guys always the most interesting ones XD? I would really like to know what's going on in that guy's head or his story x.x

I'm also curious if Takeshi gets a significant role in saving the worlds or gets to be "damsel in distress" or if Kagura has special feelings for him(considering her reaction despite brainwashing when Umi mentioned his name does seems to give a hint. Although maybe those memories just were left untouched by the bad guy...)

ARF I wanna know more!

I'm also impressed with your character interpretation of the original series. I've rarely seen any author who manages to develop characters and still keep close to the characters originally designed by CLAMP. I especially love the way you depict Fuu's character (since I kind of have a weakness for 'researcher' protagonists)

Altogether: Awesome job at making me think about your story even in my dreams O_o (Really, seems I was so taken I dreamt about the original Manga Happy ending mixed with your story, since it must take its toll to not be able to control their trips to Cephiro).

So.. risking to become a nag for the first time as a fanficreader: I loved the prologue already, since I have a weakness for legend-like story telling and I'm really really really looking forward to your continuing your epic tale! (Meaning: either I'll get to read the actual answers or I will keep on looking for hints and bug you therefore with the upcoming questions or assumptions)
Lion chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I love this trilogy,. please update soon,. _
TheElegantFaerie chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Oh my god! I totally loved the first two installments of this trilogy! I can't wait for you to update more of it! I really hope you develop Ascot and Umi's relationship even more than you have in the first two parts! And more Asmi kisses please please!
Eternal chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
OMG... I didn't notice that you already had this posted... Hahahahahahaha... I thought it' s not yet started... Hahaahaha... Anyway, nice chapter... I'm so giddy for the next... Please update soon... This is so amazing!...
Tommy Squared chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
YAY!

You started already

This is soooo COOL!

Please update soon!

Nice work
a shadow eagle chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
I smell another epic story in the making. I'm really looking forward to this. So the prologue now is some kind of compilation of the past, yes? I'm soooo excited! *sits down and waits patiently for the next update* I hope you update soon!
orenji chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
yay... you started it already... _ so it's about Hikaru now?... but I hope there's still more things about umi inside... hehehehehehee...
MaN6Al0v3r chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Love 3 ur triology! Best MKR stories i have ever read XD! Please update soon, i'm really extided about this story! it's just dat my excitment is killin me! so again update soon
WolfGirl chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I just discovered Magic Knight Rayearth about a week ago and loved it. So I went on fanfiction and saw your stories and they are some of the best I have ever read. I can't wait to see what happens next. THough I keep wondering why the Shadow seems so interested in Umi. Don't get me wrong, shes my favorite character and I like it for some reason when the main bad guy is gunning for my favorite character, I was just wondering. Again can't wait to see what happens.