Reviews for Heroes
Doctor Whiteface chapter 26 . 2/8
I just got through with a nine-hour rereading of the entire So trilogy, reminding myself of why I originally started writing fanfiction back in 2009. It's a pity that you've gone over a year now without updating, but with the things that have happened in canon since the last update I hardly blame you. Still, on the off chance you ever gain the motivation to finish the story (or if there are difficulties keeping you away from the site that dissipate in the future) I look very forward to the concluding chapter or chapters of this work.
kuroitori-roh chapter 26 . 1/28
*sighs*

This always happens. I find a beautifully-written story with a fine plot and excellent character treatment on this site. I read the entirety of the work to date and just as the author gets to the climax of the story...

... the writer's account goes dark. The story remains incomplete for over a year with little hope of resurrection and I'm left to wonder 'what happened'? Is the author still among the living (death has interrupted the careers of too many authors in mid-update, if one takes into account the science fiction and fantasy genre)? Did he or she lose interest in Bleach, as many of those following the manga seem less than thrilled with the current arc? Did real life/family issues/a change in employment status/scholastic difficulties/an inconvenient alien abduction take place, draining the author of the desire to finish? We may never know. I'm saddened that this seems to be the end of a heretofore satisfying take on the Bleach-verse and its characters. If the author chooses to take up the keyboard once more, to complete this, I would be grateful, if only to find out how he or she wanted to resolve the remaining conflicts. This and the two previous installments to 'Heroes' are wonderful and I cannot recommend them enough to any readers who want a plausible 'what if' take on Bleach that doesn't offend the eyes with countless grammar and spelling errors and a plague of Mary Sues.
NeonZangetsu chapter 26 . 12/3/2013
Done by June lol. Great chapter, but are you even alive? We haven't heard from ya in months...
Drucephur chapter 5 . 10/12/2013
sry i just finished readin it its seriously awesome ! didnt realise it was over when i reviewed ;P
Drucephur chapter 26 . 10/11/2013
u r a f****** awesome writer! but i swear i goin to die if it doesnt update soo please update
NeonZangetsu chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Soooo...are we gonna see an update for this anytime soon?
Ziggygebs777 chapter 22 . 6/20/2013
...so...is Isane dead?
Guest chapter 26 . 3/23/2013
This is amazing. I blazed through this a long time ago and then lost it and almost couldn't find it again and here it is! So glad I combed through the Pit, this is by far the best Bleach fic I have ever read
jazzpha chapter 26 . 3/16/2013
Oh hey, I'm reviewing earlier than usual. Shocking, I know.

This chapter tore me up when I first read it, and it tore me up all over again just now. Props for crafting something where the emotional resonance holds up through repeat readings.

So, the first scene. I love Gin and all of his trollish glory in canon, and you certainly know how to portray him in a way that ranks up there with Kubo. His subtle mood shifts throughout the fight were just enough to hint at his emotions, however tightly controlled they might be, without breaking his casual poise (which is essential to him being who he is). I also enjoyed seeing him practically feed off of Shinji's annoyance and slowly-mounting anger, since Gin definitely draws perverse enjoyment out of straight-up fucking with people. It was also a great way to set up the break Gin displays in the final lines he says to Shinji, where his mask falls away for a moment and we see how deadly serious he's in fact capable of being- a moment that wouldn't have been nearly as powerful without a contrast to hold it up against. So well done there. Also, the action itself was solid and enjoyable.

Okay, now on to the scene that I hate reading, as compelling as it is. You little bastard. As amazing as the fight scene here is (one of the best you've ever done, I think I can say without a shred of hyperbole), the characterization is what really makes this scene shine.

The opening flashback did a wonderful job of exhibiting the strains put on Shunsui and Unohana's relationship by Lisa's banishment, while also showing how well they know each other. That thread carried over seamlessly into the fight in the present, while also serving to show just how twisted Shunsui's brainwashing has made his personality. I think his corruption hit me a lot harder than the others, if only because of how subtle it was, on the surface: he didn't change much superficially at all, except that the border between his capricious side and serious side blurred just enough to make him seem universally callous and flippant without being humorous. Which is about as beautiful a case of character development/assassination as I've seen in a while, not to mention heinously effective. Goddamn you.

His interactions with Unohana and Lisa throughout the fight were perfect reflections of that change: teasing, but viciously so instead of being kind. A direct needling of emotional weak points, rather than the gentle, occasionally serious ribbing he might otherwise give. Seeing him ace Lisa really hurt (even discounting my total bias towards those two), and seeing Unohana come out of her shell was as scary and sad emotionally as it was satisfying viscerally. You seem to have a knack for writing fight scenes where I don't want either side to lose, and yet one always does.

The fact that Shunsui's deathblow came at Lisa's hands was as fitting as it was devastating, and their final goodbye was yet another case of you flawlessly incorporating lines from canon to suit the situation. Ugh. Keep this shit up, and I'm pressing charges on you for emotional damages. Incredibly poignant, incredibly well done, and an incredibly impactful way to bring this long-running character arc thread to a satisfying and powerful conclusion.

Hat's off. Keep up the good work! And thanks for the shout-out as always; the pleasure is all mine.
thatdude008 chapter 26 . 2/11/2013
Bravo. Love love love this story. Hope you update again soon!
Gman123 chapter 26 . 2/10/2013
You my good man, are a writing genius. I just spent the entire weekend reading this series, and i have to say: Holy Mother of God. You have taken the Bleach universe and completely made it your own, wile still making it believable (somewhat). The only thing i don't like is how many characters you've given the "Ax", but that just makes you all the more evil. Please hurry and write more so i don't have to deal with these other, not as good, FF's.
MatsuMama chapter 26 . 2/1/2013
You...glorious bastard. I knew this moment was coming the day you started this fic, but did you have to make it THAT awesomely bittersweet? That was like downing a fifth of fine bourbon - all fire and bite, almost too painful to swallow...followed by the slow spreading numbness of inevitability.

Shunsui. Lisa. Unohana (and of course you utilized the recent character revelations from canon to perfection). Words fail me, except to say: Sir, I salute you. *bows*

I don't know whether to cry, laugh, clap, or just reread this chapter, but one thing's for sure; I need that drink now...
Matsumama chapter 25 . 2/1/2013
WOW, I'm so far behind had to back up a chap just to catch up with the action. And I'm glad I did; holy HELL son. The action in this chap left me breathless. Excellent razor-sharp tension, your signature combat-writing style, and a fiery sendoff for Kira that made me proud. And a weirdly romantic rescue at the very end, just to sweeten the pie. It's shit like this that makes me love your work. Can't believe the ride is coming to an end!

...but not yet. ;) *reads on*
Scout Master 5 chapter 26 . 2/1/2013
I had almost given up. Any who good job incorporating the stuff the manga just received. Update soon.
OBSERVER01 chapter 26 . 1/31/2013
so far so is pretty awesome