Reviews for What the Sun Would Dream
Ziodyne967 chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Hehe I have no clue what to think on that last part. Maybe I'll read it again! This is the kind of story my teacher wants us students to make! And you've given a really good pointer on what hosts are supposed to know too. Thanks! XD
GG chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This is good, bravo.
Halm Vendrella chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Beautiful, beautiful story. You provide a tremendous amount of insight into the characters without drifting away from canon to do it. Seta Souji may be a silent protagonist, but he's far from a blank slate. And Yukiko is badly undersold by the common perception of just being a generic yamato nadeshiko; it's the point that she be perceived as that, but nobody bothers delving any deeper; a shameful mistake considering the nature of all the characters in the game.

Your prose is superb. I'm not joking when I say I bookmarked your author profile after the first scene. You provide striking imagery, clarity of thought, and a nuanced procession of ideas.

One-shots can be tricky beasts to wrangle - especially when they're this short - but if there's a textbook example of how to write one well, this is it. You've packed more heart into 4000 words than most stories get in multi-chapter epics.
Karg42 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Honestly not a big Yukiko fan, but this casts her in a whole new light that makes it hard not to respect her. And you have Souji perfect, or at least Yukiko does. That's always how I pictured him; easily changing from person to person, more like a reflection of others than an indivdual person.
SchwaWarrior chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
...My God. This... WOW.

This is beautiful. It's a very distinct writing style, first off... one I would probably describe as "reflective"; it puts us, the readers, outside of the action to see all of it at once (even moreso than typical Third Person Narrative), and I think this works AMAZINGLY well with the story's actual content. :D I loved the insight you use here! I think you nailed Yukiko's thoughts and personality completely perfectly, even though it takes a far different angle than the dialogue etc. in-game.

"The sun would dream", eh? God, this whole story is amazing. It's got so many deep metaphors like this... hell, the whole story is a deep metaphor. But (for me) it's not over the top where I can't grasp them or anything. I really love stories like that, when they actually WORK, and this definitely does that. :D

...At first I was bummed and thought the ending seemed abrupt or inconclusive, but I re-read the last paragraph or two and changed my mind. Abrupt seemed to be what you were aiming for. ...Scratch that; it's what the _story_ was aiming for. (Great stories "write themselves", don't you think? You gotta know the feeling.) Anyway, it works. This fic is far beyond a typical story; nothing about it is typical, and it's definitely not a light read. Any Persona fan (or Yukiko fan XDD) absolutely NEEDS to read this.

Favorite'd! Thank you so much. *offers huggles*

P.S: Hahaha, "Schwa" is MY Persona, wouldn't he be? XD It just occured to me, lawl~
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 1 . 3/7/2010