Reviews for What the Sun Would Dream
GG chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This is good, bravo.
Halm Vendrella chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Beautiful, beautiful story. You provide a tremendous amount of insight into the characters without drifting away from canon to do it. Seta Souji may be a silent protagonist, but he's far from a blank slate. And Yukiko is badly undersold by the common perception of just being a generic yamato nadeshiko; it's the point that she be perceived as that, but nobody bothers delving any deeper; a shameful mistake considering the nature of all the characters in the game.

Your prose is superb. I'm not joking when I say I bookmarked your author profile after the first scene. You provide striking imagery, clarity of thought, and a nuanced procession of ideas.

One-shots can be tricky beasts to wrangle - especially when they're this short - but if there's a textbook example of how to write one well, this is it. You've packed more heart into 4000 words than most stories get in multi-chapter epics.
Karg42 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Honestly not a big Yukiko fan, but this casts her in a whole new light that makes it hard not to respect her. And you have Souji perfect, or at least Yukiko does. That's always how I pictured him; easily changing from person to person, more like a reflection of others than an indivdual person.
SchwaWarrior chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
...My God. This... WOW.

This is beautiful. It's a very distinct writing style, first off... one I would probably describe as "reflective"; it puts us, the readers, outside of the action to see all of it at once (even moreso than typical Third Person Narrative), and I think this works AMAZINGLY well with the story's actual content. :D I loved the insight you use here! I think you nailed Yukiko's thoughts and personality completely perfectly, even though it takes a far different angle than the dialogue etc. in-game.

"The sun would dream", eh? God, this whole story is amazing. It's got so many deep metaphors like this... hell, the whole story is a deep metaphor. But (for me) it's not over the top where I can't grasp them or anything. I really love stories like that, when they actually WORK, and this definitely does that. :D

...At first I was bummed and thought the ending seemed abrupt or inconclusive, but I re-read the last paragraph or two and changed my mind. Abrupt seemed to be what you were aiming for. ...Scratch that; it's what the _story_ was aiming for. (Great stories "write themselves", don't you think? You gotta know the feeling.) Anyway, it works. This fic is far beyond a typical story; nothing about it is typical, and it's definitely not a light read. Any Persona fan (or Yukiko fan XDD) absolutely NEEDS to read this.

Favorite'd! Thank you so much. *offers huggles*

-Schwa

P.S: Hahaha, "Schwa" is MY Persona, wouldn't he be? XD It just occured to me, lawl
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
BEN BAN BNABAN, NICE STORY, REALLY POETIC, THOUGH THE ENDING SEEMS A BIT UNSATISFYING. THOUGH IT'S REALLY NICE, WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL? YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA