Reviews for Empires of the Mind
shell29bell chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Poor Bella! I'd be freaking out, too.

I have a weird feeling Carlisle and Esme are the man and woman helping to find her.

Looking forward to reading more ;)

Navarre chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
I love the parallels to the Saga in regards to the gifts and the postion of the Volturi.

Bella would be a very formidable weapon indeed. I look forward to the training and what I hope will be offensive fighting, because the best defense is an offense. :)

I really enjoyed this chapter. Wonderfully fleshed out.
lizf22 chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Very cool! Bella is an original! (and honestly I felt as naive as she did for a few minutes there)

Great job and you've given up plenty more to think about! xoxo
midnite serenade chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Fantabulous! I love this chapter. As much as I am a sucker for B&E being all lovey dovey, I absolutely love when there's some antagonism between them. Bella's power is awesome. Your set up for the future of the story is great and it's magnificent how there is just enough reality in it to make this all at least almost plausible. Spectacular!
carmelia chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Leave to it to Bella not just to have a simple power but a super power.

This was a great update. You're doing a great job developing the characters and their special abilities.
rms33 chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
That was a fantastic chapter.

I can't wait for more.
MyEdwardJacob chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Edward is an asshole! Just looking at Bella it's easy to see she's an innocent inside and out. For him to just assume that she knows anything is stupid. If she knew all this she sure as shit wouldn't be moving in with them! If she knew her capabilities and that someone would manipulate her she would have disappeared or something. It's not like her gift isn't defensive. She could easily protect herself. If I was Bella though I would totally tell them to go to hell with the dropping of the shield thing cuz who would want to let anyone in to manipulate them? She should just practice on strengthening the shield not opening it. Edward and Rosalie need an ass whoopin! Poor Bella. All kinds of information being thrown at her and at the same time she's not really get the answers she needs. I would have left the moment they started treating me like crap and not answering my questions... But hey that's just me.
natty dread chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
SO amazing that you did it! Four chapters in what - three weeks? That's pretty hardcore!

Wonderful chapter, as always! Can't wait for the readalong with Nikki! ( Iknow - I do occasionally end a sentence without exclamation marks...laughs) xoxoxo
Raewright chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
I like the group dynamics so far!
x123 chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
Interesting and intriguing concept.

I saw the thread for this story on twilighted and I am so glad I did, since I have never read anything like this before.

I especially like (and envy) Emmett’s ability. He’s often portrayed as a little dense, so this ability is really refreshing.

I am looking forward to following this story and finding out what exactly Bella is doing to Edward...
devadasi7 chapter 3 . 3/21/2010
this is absolutely fascinating! i can't wait to see what happens next!
Vican chapter 3 . 3/21/2010
Just found this story yesterday through the Twilighted thread, and god, am I glad I read it! I've recently started having a vast interest in the supernatural kind of stories, but it's kind of hard to find any good ones. This one however, looks very promising!

I love all their abilities; Emmett's was a real surprise - I've heard of all the other abilities, but not that one. I think it's cool that you took something that wasn't widely known and gave it to Emmett.

I also like that it seems as if Bella's shielding abilities are still going strong - that pressure in her chest that she can push back against, and the way both Jasper and now Edward have reacted when she did push back, are very interesting developments.

I really like this story - it seems as if you have really put some thought into the plot and the characters back story, and you certainly know how to establish characters and settings. It's a very enjoyable read, and I for one can't wait for the next update. It's going to be interesting to see how Edward will react to Bella, now that she caused him pain (is it wrong that I giggled while writing that? I'm evil).

Anyway, as I said: great story, great writing and great ideas. Thanks for writing this.
Emily Bowden chapter 3 . 3/18/2010
I am loving this story, I don't think I can say that enough! I was heading up to the mountains a couple days ago when this was posted to go snowboarding and I was really bummed when I lost my connection half-way up the hill. So, when I got home and got back my wifi, I was all about this update.

Thanks for writing another awesome story!

Your friend,

latuacantante4him chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
Wow! They have quite the set up. Poor Edward. Enjoyed it.
shell29bell chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
I've really enjoyed what you have so far! I'm looking forward to reading more ;)

1,781 | « Prev Page 1 .. 103 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 .. Last Next »