Reviews for Screw Destiny, and Can I Borrow a Shirt?
chrissie0707 chapter 1 . 1/14
I've been through your stuff a dozen times, and that might be a conservative estimate, and I can't for the life tell you why I hadn't before read this particular one. It is, hand down, some of the most canon-sounding, true-to-character, flippin' BETTER THAN THE SHOW dialogue between these two that I have ever read. Like, to the point that I would believe this as a continuation of the ep. It's perfection.

And that girly pink shirt is hilarious. I just finished rewatching season two with my sister-in-law (trying to make a new fan) and Sam wears it like every third ep that season. *snort*
jubela chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
Nice. Thank you for writing.
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
Another great story. Thanks for posting it.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Would not put it past Michael to send Sam home beaten and bloody an unconscious. Geez. But a good conversation here. It was nice that they got some good memories out in the open there.
gammadolphin chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I know that you wrote this a long time ago, but I just discovered your work, and I can't believe that it has taken me this long. You are a fantastic writer, and you add to the boys' story in so many great ways. I loved this piece. It was a good blend of angst and brotherly bonding, and I really liked the glimpse into the Winchester family's past before the demon attack. Amazing job!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
At this point I guess it's obvious I'm rampaging through your stories, gobbling them up as though they were Pringles... It's because they are so darn good, and this one was particularly so. I was dying for more info about what transpired post-Michael in this episode, and you delivered it with mega-angst and shirt humor. Bravo!
FoxO'Fire chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Great story! I always noticed that pink shirt and wondered why it didn't button down all the way. Also figured that Dean would have something to say about that.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Just awesome! Loved your theory on how Sam came by some of his more 'colourful' to put it nicely, shirts, it would make total sense he bought them at a thrift shop and with his size didn't have as much choice as Dean! Loved the brotherly concern and Dean sharing memories of Mary, I always thought Dean and John should have shared more about her with Sam but know how painful it was for both of them. And loved the idea of an Impala birthday cake with black frosting that coloured Dean's tongue for days and could so imagine him poking his tongue out at people to show them - adorable!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Great story. I loved the why Dean open up to Sam about there Mom. And your right some of there shit are colorful.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Oh, that was just plain FUN! So much warmth and caring and sharing. (And it was nice to get a hint at just what it had done to Dean seeing Sam die in front of him...again.) And the stuff with the shirts was awesome. One of my friends has been doing "Sammy shirt watch" for years now...she's gonna LOVE this story, LOL!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
This was such a sweet story! I'm gonna share it on Facebook. :D I loved how you looked at their clothing that represented so much of their lives without dwelling on it-I especially loved the khaki that sharply reminded Dean of his little trip through Not-so-Wonder-Land. :( Such a good point! The conversation between them was scrumptious! I wish they could take more time to do that in the series, but time is so short on TV! You made this moment so personal, so private between them I felt like that proverbial fly on the wall, privileged to have been there.

Memories of family before Mary's death were cool, but sweeter because Dean shared them with his brother. And then, wow, Michael used that one last memory of John to torture Dean-nicely done!
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I have to agree with the middle aged lasy about the shirt. Sammy's so hot I don't even remember his shirt in that episode. I'm guessing by your story it was yellow? When I watch my boys it's rare that I notice their clothes! Anyway you did a really fantastic job. Anna...GGGRRRRRRRRR I hated her after this episode!
JustOnePogostick chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I thought the 'pink' shirt looked totally gay and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Sam wearing it. :P I don't remember the 'banana' shirt, so I'll have to pay attention when I watch that ep again. It makes logical sense they would pick up odds and ends at thrift stores, but I never entertained the idea, so great job of coming up with that explanation for some of the 'interesting' shirts.

I liked that you had Dean make a comment about John looking like he wanted to deck Sam for saying their Mom was beautiful because, yeah, where was Sam's brain-to-mouth filter? LOL I also loved hearing Dean share some of his Mom memories with Sam. It was sweet.
starg8fans chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Another great one. Your stories add so much to the canon we know, and it all makes perfect sense. I loved how you mixed things we know with things you imagined when Dean told Sam about his childhood. The way you had the dirty clothes cue a memory run for Dean was a stroke of genius. The way the boys were teasing each other was spot on, and I always love to see an extension on any whump that may have happened in an episode. You rock, girl, and I'm a fan.
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
This made me laugh aloud and I again enjoyed your text very much. I seem to keep repeating the same things, but I have to say again that you've caught the boys very well. Dean's protective attitude is just in its place in this. And the discussion between the brothers, all the little jokes and everything, just great.

The shirts of Sam, oh, I've noticed them too. You really made me laugh with those flashbacks (the sales clerk)! And the amulet-thing, aww (and I also felt bad in there because I watched yesterday "Dark Side of the Moon"), and Sam keeping Dean's clothes...

And I liked the part where Dean told about his childhood with his mom, those memories were alive and I can see the little Dean running to catch a ball... Cute.

Great work, I liked this. Thank you again.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »