Reviews for Screw Destiny, and Can I Borrow a Shirt?
sidjack chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
You do such an incredible job with the boys. I really enjoyed the trips back to Dean's memories for Sam and the idea of Sam being stuck with shirts no one else is big enough to wear. He does look like his chest goes on for miles.

Sweet and superb followup to "Meet The Parents!"

As always, you amaze me.

PADavis chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
That was gorgeous. Beautiful tag, beautiful schmoop - loved it being darkish myself. Loved it.

vampyfreak chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Fantastic fic!
ritsam chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Awesome story, never read anything like that before. I mean, yeah, we all had noticed Sam's various shirts, and I practically love his entire collection-but you've described each and every story hidden behind his shirts-just fabulous. My fav line is-

"You pay him no mind, honey." The 50-something sales clerk winked at Sam as she passed by. "A face like yours, trust me…no one will be looking at the shirt."

Very very true. Aw man, he is such a gorgeous boy.

Love it,

supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg...this was brilliant! AND YES! ANGELS LIE!

i'm so glad you fixed him!

Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
God, how did I miss this in my inbox? have just dumped a ton of stuff and found you!

Gah, flails at the angsty goodness. When was the last time we saw real *care* on Show? What I really love about this is this one line that really jumped out at me: "Because it wasn't your freakin' destiny to die in some backwoods cabin in 1978... We have bigger roles to play, remember?"

Isn't it awful to be in a situation where some small part of Dean might possibly think it would be better for Sam to die ahead of that awful destiny, especially as Show is giving hints that he has actually lost hope in Team Free Will?

That was a particularly vile shirt. Cackles: no shirt of Dean's is going to fit those shoulders! Totally love the History of the Shirts introspection...

zuimar chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Gosh, I've got so much love for this fic, it's such a lovely portrayal of the boys! I hope the show can go back to a somewhat similar relationship between Sam and Dean in the remaining episodes of S5. Awesome job you did again!
SingleMinded chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Looks like Dean remembers a lot when he was 2 or 3. I remember read once that for a person to remember what happened (not something tragic, just usual thing) when he was young like before the age of 4, that is a sign of genius. Because child's brain is not going to remember something for a long term, it's more like a short term until the brain is developed enough to save the memory for a longer time. For a genius child who brain developed faster than regular child, he/she will absorb a lot more from their surrounding as memory. That's no surprise for a genius to tell a story of him(her)self or what he(she) saw when they were 2 years old because they already have the brain of 5(maybe)years old.

Ok, I'm babbling. Sorry. By the way, I like this story :) Thanks.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Aw hunny, this was perfect! I love the brotherly schmoop! The memories with Sam's shirts were a wonderful touch. Really, really enjoyed it.

Thanks, sweetie! :)
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Hey, I really enjoyed this story and especially Dean thinking of his mum and wanting to keep the memories to himself.

You know me mum died when I was 12 and although I was much older than Dean was I still don't remember as much as I wish I did, and so I can relate to him cherishing the few memories he has. And I liked the football story because in real life this is exactly how it is, you don't remember the big things, those that should matter so much, instead you remember the small things that, to others, wouldn't matter at all.

I also liked the stories of the shirts ;) because they're both funny (the pink shirt) and meaningful, like that conversation about burning Dean's clothes after he died.

"Not a day had gone by since that trip through time that he hadn't wondered what had pushed Sam to say yes. And not a day had gone by that he hadn't vowed it would never happen." I think that's my favourite line, and I really really hope Dean won't have to break that vow...

Can't wait to read another story, fanfiction helps me to not go crazy while the show is on hiatus till the 25th (which is one day after my birthday so that might be the best bday gift I get this year LOL)
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Loved the bantering, love the boys interactions, and loved Sam's reference to Dean confusing him with the Impala. Thanks Nicole.
Rachelly chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Hey Scullspeare! What a great tag! Loved the hurt/comfort ...Sammy all bloody, Dean all worried. Loved the way you wrote them, too. Perfect characterization. I could literally hear Dean and Sam saying the words in my mind. Wish you had written the ending for this eppy! I liked your version so much better. The quick return from the past and all is well type ending on the show just didn't do it for me. Thanks a bunch for sharing your creative genius with us!It's hurt/comfort fixes like these that keep me goin!
carocali chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
How lovely that you're writing again! Yeah! And for TraSan, another yeah! Are you taking prompts then? Hm... I'll have to dig through and see what I want. :D

Love the idea of the shirts because, yes, Sam has some pretty ugly ones. Yet somehow they work on him. If I had my way, they'd be tighter..oh, I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?

Anyway, you have the perfect mix of schmoop and sadness, plus that bit of h/c that I crave. It's nice to see them caring for each other again, although I still long for those days of season 2 when there was more of it. Damn those reruns on TNT.

Thanks so much for sharing, you've made my night!

pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
What a perfect scene between the brothers.

I could picture Dean's expression as he looked at his brother lying on the bed, flashing back to "AHBL" and Sam's death.

You did an excellent job capturing the brothers voices and giving us some brother moments. So nice to see Dean and Sam communicating again.

Dean sharing childhood memories with Sam was perfect.

I enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing it with us.
TraSan chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I do so love brotherly interaction and coming from your pen just made it extra delicious!

So many little moments and great details. Starting with the similarities between how Sam's physical condition was after being touched by an angel and healed by a demon.

Loved Dean's inner musings about Sam's shirts and the different feelings or memories each evoked.

Dean sharing a childhood memory with Sam and Sam's easy acceptance of it rather than a feeling of loss or having been left out shows so much the true growth of their relationship. It's not big things - those pieces were always great. The willingness to die for for the other, looking out for the other, etc is what makes them brothers. This new ability to leave things behind when necessary, honesty and no secrets, these things are the stronger building blocks of their relationship. Perfectly demonstrated in your fic!

And I really like how you don't forget that Uriel beat the crap out of Dean and his aches and pains make it into this story without detracting from the larger story you are telling.

Thanks for the excellent bro-mo, Sculls! I, for one, think it was perfect.
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »