Reviews for Gertrude
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Great
Gotapenname chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Oh my what wonderful take on Queen Gerturde. I enjoyed it.
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Great job! You must go to a great high school where you can do creative assignments like this. In my old high school we just read the plays aloud, then had tests.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Hm. I was never exactly certain whether or not Gertrude was truly aware of the extent of Claudius' deeds but the idea that she didn't realize everything until the final act does sort of give her more of a sympathetic light, which is almost a necessity for a study posed in this manner.

I'm not certain if this was supposed to be a story or out and out free verse but that confusion is a minor thing in the midst of the message being presented. The heart is a bothersome creature, as you so nicely pointed out and it's that part of us that leads us to make the best and worst decisions of our lives. Hamlet's heart was hurt by his father's death and enflamed by discovering the cause and it was that ardor that caused his lover to go nutzo and for him to rush straight into a death trap. Still, you can't deny the heart and that's a good message to present in a study like this.

Good work.
Annabelle Carlie chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
This is Great, nice work ;)