Reviews for Affair to Remember
The Little Warrior chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
how could u end it like that? i love this and im sad
kanna chapter 10 . 2/20/2011
Can't they have a long distant relationship. I know the ending wasn't suppose to be depressing, but it kind of was.
Spot and Punk chapter 10 . 11/4/2010
Oh my word, what a fantastic story! I have LOVED reading this - it's a beautifully woven tale of contrasts; journeys both metaphorical and literal, sons and mothers, adulthood and childhood. Most of all, your characters grow physically, Cameron, and emotionally, House and Emma, whilst Blythe's life as she knows it draws to an end. Your 'House' is perfect; the right amount of introspection, emotional travails and though it killed me that Blythe was left alone at the end, totally in keeping with the less human aspects of his character. This is such tight writing and it was filled with brilliant little additions like the 'Blue Velvet' ref (now there's a film eh hem!) right down to the parking attendant at the end there.

So very well done! Thank you!
hfspc chapter 10 . 9/28/2010
I actually teared up. I've had stories "get" me, but this one really did. The Alzheimers hits close to home and the interaction between House and his mother when he was leaving was heartbreaking. I really enjoyed this story!
Brighid45 chapter 10 . 9/13/2010
You deserve many more reviews for this story, and all I can give you is this one . . . but I can give you a glowing review, because you and this story have earned it.

I loved every word. Loved Emma and Cammie (sorry, Cameron); loved your Blythe, and best of all, loved House. You have him spot on. I could hear his voice so clearly it was as if I was watching an episode.

The unfolding story of Blythe's illness and the secret of her affair with Thomas all playing out against House's struggle with the situation and his attraction to Emma . . . beautifully written. The final scene with Blythe is heartbreaking, poignant and exactly what House needed from his mother after so many years.

This is some of the best fic I've read in a very long time. You are an excellent author. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Well done.
Arumbaya chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
Amazing story... Cameron is hilarious, I would love to have a little brother like him. Just to make fun of him xD
Pyewacket75 chapter 10 . 7/20/2010
This was an AMAZING story! Even tho it hit a bit close to home for me, it was very well-written. I loved all the characters and the story-line. I'm off to read some more of your stuff :)
Burn87 chapter 10 . 4/16/2010
Nice story.
arny chapter 10 . 4/7/2010
Great ending! I somehow hoped that House & Emma will end up together, but one of them would basically have to turn his/her life upside-down and I can't see any of them making such sacrifices and changes. But it's great that their short affair made them realize what they are missing and how nice it would be to have the 'other half'. Hope that maybe one day you will write something about them meeting again. Love your stories and thanks for this one :)
wendus92 chapter 10 . 4/5/2010
Oh my God, that was beautiful! Amazing job!
Heather chapter 10 . 4/1/2010
Superb story Gertie! I loved the affair theme! What House and Emma will both remember about their experience will most likely effect them both very positively. Either they will find happiness with someone else or when Cam goes to college in Princeton they will hook back up. The possibilities are endless. I love it when a writer leaves a story 'unfinished' where the reader can make up their own minds as to how the story plays out. Great job and I look forward to more amazing stories from you soon so that I may be able to get my Gertie Fix!
medical wiz chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
aw i loved loved loved this story! i'm a huge fan of house/OC stories and this one is definitely one of my favourites!

please consider writing a sequel! :)
BunchofGrapes chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
I loved this story. I always love your work so that's no surprise. The plot was so plausible, so everything that happened was natural, and the new characters worked really well. The gradual realisation that Blythe was failing was beautifully told, and subsequent events were poignant. House's brief relationship with Emma and her son were so deftly done - those conversations were perfect, especially with Cameron. You didn't try to make House a better son, for which I'm grateful, and the two final encounters with Blythe and then Emma were incredibly touching. I'm so glad you didn't have them continuing their brief liaison - the way you wrote it had more emotion. I admit to shedding more than a few tears! Thanks so much.
HouseBroken chapter 10 . 3/29/2010
i want emma to go with him, loved it but sad to see they weren't together at the end
TetraFish06 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Great end to the story...it gives a great sense of closure!