Reviews for Tantamount
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I can totally see this happening and believing it. I can definitely imagine Dean getting a couple of unintentional bruises from throwing himself between his dad and Sam - love how you describe them as titans. And I like how none of them know who threw the punch and Dean thinking it doesn't matter. Dean's right. But doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. And knowing what's coming just makes it even worse.
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
One of my most heartfelt and beloved idioms illustrated in SUCH a nice way by my favorite guys. Love. Family. Sacrifices. You did stellar work here. Thank You Very Much!
Katydid43 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Excellent! very nicely done... and poignant too. It's so perfectly the Winchester's that your addition of the idiom at the end wasn't even corny. It was just true. Good job! Give yourself a pat on the back, after all, any job worth doing is worth doing right... and you certainly did this one right! :-)
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Oh yeah, that's a real good placement of the idion...right between those two titans! Nice one. bev x
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Dean taking punches is one thing, even sadder to think of the mental anguish he must have suffered seeing the two people he loved the most at each other's throats - and knowing what is to come makes this more poignant. Nice one!
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
This made me sad: "Years of standing in between two titans meant taking an occasional unintended bruise." Yeah, I can definitely see that. Poor Dean. And that last line was a killer, too, because we know that Sam did leave, and he and John didn't talk for years.
Swellison chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Oh, angsty, angsty. Poor Dean is in for a shock, isn't he?

Sue
88Ivories chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I really like that view of Sam and John! Nice.
BowsLB chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
well done. i very much liked the imagery.
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Aw, that one hits you like a sock to the gut. Dean getting hurt and Sam and John so tied up with each other that they don't even know who was the one to hurt him... Yeah, that's something that feels unfortunately realistic and plausible. Oh, Dean.