Reviews for The Ocean Calls Tomorrow
TheYmp chapter 1 . 1/30
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards- Short Story/Drama -Jan 2016

Nice opportunity to look through Castiel's eyes. I very much enjoyed the introspective feel to this - really got a sense of their desperation and how they're going through the motions. There were a few errors, but a good read!
cfccfc chapter 1 . 1/29
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards

The world is a hard place especially for the warriors who fight to keep others safe.
This is a beautiful, vivid description with strong mood setting and perfect characterizations, especially Cas'.

There were just a few dropped, misspelled and/or wrong words throughout. Not enough to be glaring and they didn't take me out of the carefully crafted, bittersweet story, but there were enough to notice.

Thank you for sharing this incredible piece.
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 1/22
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Award

This is the best Cas-centered story I've ever read - ringing true to the core of their souls, Dean's and Sam's and Castiel's - all of them driven by the need to save the world, save those vulnerable and faulty beings that deserve to have a better life, a paradise of their own, a place where they feel satisfaction, fulfillment and peace. Loved the place and time you set this story - and how you give the readers a rather complex look into Castiel's mind and emotions. This is written so perfectly well, each scene, each detail revealing so much about the characters that I felt near them the whole time. I can't put it any better – I'm not as skilled a writer as you are. Loved it!

Kate
KilianaFelagund chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
Every time I read this is hurts because "He can't have it and it's not fair"
Agh you kill me with that line every time. Beautiful and sad and if I didn't love Dean before (which I did by the way) ...you get my point. Sam's last few words about it being over also make me teary because it's so true. He has always had more faith.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
This was beautiful and brilliant and it hurt. You had their characters down perfectly, and I'm so glad it was a gen, friendship fic. Wonderful stuff. Thank you.
Celesma chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Lovely story. I love all the little details you pack into it - from Dean twirling the bottle in the sand so that it won't fall, to the shorthand text messages, to even the brief mentions of the names/lives of the people that the demons started riding. It makes this story feel unbelievably /real./ Not to mention, the principal characters and their emotions are so three-dimensionally drawn here: like Sam's guilt about the thing he almost became (and the things he has to do to avoid becoming that thing again), Dean's trauma from hell and his attendant cynicism, and Castiel's sadness over the fate that humans themselves seem unable to escape (whether it's perpetuating petty sins or languishing in miserable lives or even becoming demons). It's all woven together very flawlessly, and you can really believe in the bond of Team Free Will. *bookmarks for future re-reads*
partlysunny chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
That was beautiful! Well done!
ValkyrieH chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
A good one-shot full of the down-time & desperation at the end of the world. You did a good job of capturing Cas & Dean's voices in particular. Well done!
TruffleHeadnolongeractive chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
That was so well written, I feel like you got into both of their head's perfectly, their characters captured just wonderfully. At times I thought I was going to melt into an angsty pile of Cas feels but, you know, 'tis the life of a fangirl. :) Loved that; thanks for sharing.

*hands virtual cookie*
Lexi
undercrown chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This was beautiful.
Char-chan chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
aaaw what a bittersweet tale.. but lovely story none the less ;)
fifimom chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
so sad but so beautifully written. thanks for sharing.
2gsdip chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Loved this. Its the first Cas POV I've read...I can't really imagine what being in his head is like But I'm pretty sure you nailed it. Great Job! 10/10 lol ;)
Nana'sTeaParty chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Very nice. Castiel seems very in character here. Loved it.
Rose of Zakarisz chapter 1 . 7/31/2010