Reviews for Stuff and Nonsense
Karina chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I have not shelved this fanfic, and that I frequently return to see if it's been updated yet! Patiently waiting, I hope you rush through those other projects so you can continue with this one! :)
Karina chapter 13 . 7/7/2011
One more chapter please! Ha, rather pathetic, wouldn't you say? Hammering you with all these so-called 'reviews' when you must have so many other things to focus on! I also realize that I've been an ignorant fool, praising the Duchess as your creation when I've now learned at she is actually part of the original cast of characters! My aversion to books once again reveals itself...

Anyway, excited to read more! I find the lack of proper capitalization in the Alice nightmare/trance/suffocation reel to be slightly bothersome, but I suppose it contributes visually to the mood? That sort of disconcerted, smothering, airless sensation you sometimes feel during a particularly unsettling dream that carries on without an end in sight.
Karina chapter 12 . 7/6/2011
Claustrophobic chapter. Well-written, but I'm much more partial to lighthearted fluff! Hint, hint. :)

I'm enjoying your story very much, but might I suggest speeding up just a tad? I don't what more is in store, but it rather seems as though things are starting to risk becoming slightly stagnant. I don't mean this in a bad, deconstructive way, I just think picking up the pace a bit might motivate you to crank out those remaining chapters! Which, it should be noted, I am dying to read!
Kar chapter 12 . 7/6/2011
Karina chapter 11 . 7/6/2011
Cursed Bull Frog! I think we can all deduce what those last two lines of the poem meant, but how I would have liked to hear it from the Hatter's lips! You terrible tease, how could you torture your poor readers like this?

Very tender moment though, exquisitely written. Could Alice be his summery utopia? I always felt that the Hatter was more aware of his feelings than Alice. When he whispered his farewell, he said so with such tenderness it made me melt in my seat. In retrospect it reminded me of that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, when to set Calypso free you had to speak to her as would a lover.
Karina chapter 10 . 7/6/2011
Ah, how perfect that poem seems to suit this incarnation of Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait to see what it actually means, though I have been able to pick up on the general 'feeling' behind it... I can only imagine how heart wrenching it must've been for Alice to listen to the Hatter recite this! If I were in her shoes I very well might have fainted!

Hurry up and update this story! After all, thirteen is a horribly unlucky number... :)
K chapter 9 . 6/30/2011
Very clever reference to Darjeeling! The brief snippets I've retained from my history lessons also hint at very precise geography, it seem accurate enough! The mood is becoming darker, curious to see how it'll progress.

I noticed how subtly you are beginning to evolve the relationship between Alice and the Hatter. Most people like to jump on straight in, and end up creating something with the same amount of deftness as a blind mule trying to mount a tortoise. I think their relationship is a soft-spoken one, built more on mutual adoration and a shared content madness than on carnal attraction. They aren't bound by circumstance, luck, chance, lust, possession, fate or time. They just belong, as if they always were. (Am I being too unclear about my bordeline fanaticism over this pairing? Haha)

Also, get a move on penning more chapters! I'm trying to hold off because I hate being kept in suspense!
Karina chapter 7 . 6/29/2011
Another fine chapter, am I surprised? How pleasant it is that you are able to capture the narrative essence of Alice in Wonderland and so deftly insert it into your writing. Not only are you true to the tone and pacing of the film, but also to the characters. They speak as they should, act as they should; this makes your story believable, which consequently heightens the enjoyment and rapture of the reader.

As it is rather late, I bid you goodnight and head towards a peaceful plum-scented slumber. (You are amazing! *silly fangirl squealing ensues, it should be noted that I am much more critical than these saccharine reviews might suggest, there are few people in this world that I'd readily squeal for*)
Karina chapter 6 . 6/29/2011
What a thoroughly pleasant read! I'm trying to pace myself to savor the story, but find that it is proving to be quite difficult to abstain from one more chapter! (btw, this is playing out in my mind feature-film style. It's so easy to imagine this being portrayed by the actors. I gush yet again, but you are an incredible writer!)
Karina chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
Excellent chapter! In the movie we don't see much of what an Alice/Hatter interaction would be like once they've become better acquainted and she's accepted that he isn't a dream (they rush out into battle then she almost immediately leaves after) but I think you've done a terrific job of that!

Eagerly moving on to chapter 5!

Also, I think your additions to the story fit in very naturally. A house reeking of pepper with a terribly loud, non-maturing baby? That chaos is Underland to a T!
Karina chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
Aah, I love you! Just finished chapter three, and I am completely enthralled! The romance Tim Burton underplayed will be delt justice in your able hands! Can't wait to read more!
crimsontearsxoxo chapter 13 . 1/15/2011
HEY! are you gonna update anytime soon? im dying of abticipation! please? your a good writer and your writing a good story! please continue it! xoxo
PUTYOURCHIPMUNKON chapter 13 . 9/9/2010
Okay it's easy to understand about being busy and stuff at first I thought you hadn't updated, but I surprised very nice from 1-10 I give 12. ;)
James Birdsong chapter 13 . 9/8/2010
Lovely two chapters.
Anne Gable chapter 13 . 9/8/2010
Yay for updates! I love this story; please add more soon!

Anne