Reviews for A Darker Shade of Red
Guest chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
I'll definitely stop by at your tavern and swap ghost stories with you! Perhaps one day in the land of dreams we will meet...
Guest chapter 2 . 11/13/2013
These are really good! I like the fox! Redwall's dark side is a great place for ghost stories...
Sgt. Sporky chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Hey! It's been good reading this. You have written well. I don't often open up anything labeled "horror" or "supernatural" but when I do, I love it. Heh, I recognized the little link between story 3 and numbers 1&2.

Poor dear Tess and Mary. One simple mistake, copper instead of iron, kills two and horribly maims one.

Poor Sweet Basil. One simple mistake, that of being unarmed, gets a young beast sacrificed and her soul trapped forever.

And last, but not least, poor Martin and Rose. One simple mistake, selling their souls for a battle he could have won anyway, gets two beasts sent to a personalized Hellgates. But, it helps so many others in the future, doesn't it?
DaughterOfWolves23 chapter 5 . 8/23/2010
Excellent finished it smoothly, with the fox and all the ghosts disappearing into the cemetery and the devil looking at them. I hope you'll do more 'fics about this kind of thing, you're wonderful at it.
DaughterOfWolves23 chapter 4 . 8/23/2010
Wonderful. Though I lthink it could have been much better by writing a flashback in which MArtin recalls selling his and Rose's souls to defeat Badrang. (or whatever his name was, I can't remember)
DaughterOfWolves23 chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
(I read this fanfic before, I'm just going through and reviewing cause I'm bored.) These storeies might make more sense to me than other people because my mom is Wiccan and I understand quite a bit about Wicca. ANyway, I love it, very chilling.
Addlebrain chapter 5 . 8/18/2010
F****** scary...
Jarrtail chapter 5 . 3/18/2010
Well, this has been an exceptionally good fanfiction. It is also probably (correct me if I'm wrong) the first Redwall fanfiction to be based on this concept. Very good job there. Good luck with future endeavors on this site, I'll be watching your career with interest.

-Jarrtail
Lan Gu chapter 5 . 3/13/2010
This chapter sort of reminded me of one part during Poltergeist, when all the spirits are slowly descending the stairs. I liked this chapter, it gave me some chills because, as a decently religous christian, that last part about Satan (As I assume thats who that ghost was) was creepy. To bad this is over, I really enjoyed reading this. Maybe you could do another thing like this, except with a different kind of horror, even though horror having to do with religion has always scared me the most (Example, Chapter 3 with the demon worshipping, or this chapter). Thanks for the good read,

Redwallfreak108 chapter 5 . 3/13/2010
ah so that means that the fox was a ghost or spirit of some kind aww i hope you write more horror stories i really enjoyed it .
Jarrtail chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
That was magnificent. I've never really thought about Martin that way before. You even managed to pull off what looked like a cliche MartinXRose thing and turn it into something wonderfully horrifying. If this is indeed the final chapter, I hope that you may write some more horror for this fandom. There really isn't enough of it, and certainly not of this quality.

-Jarrtail
Redwallfreak108 chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
wow u really captured the essence of horror...especially the last one...it slowly builds up and then bam! scares the crap out of you! awesome! so please update soon write more this is awesome!
Lan Gu chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
Er... I would like to say I totally called this, but I did not. As soon as Rose said "I'll love you till the day I die" I silenlty mumbled to myself "Oh no" In some sort of whisper, and for some reason a feeling of guilt rose inside of me (Kinda of like the man in "Telltale Heart"). I really enjoyed this, even though to me it was not as scary as the first chapter, which in my opinion, was rather creepy. It shows that karma can do the oppisite of what it is said to do. I never did fully understand Martin's stay at Redwall, personally I would think after life would suck if I was confined to my house. You have givin me a very likley possibility, but Brian Jacques will stay with "He be a good beast" type thing. You said there was one more chapter, I will be calling that it will be some sort of talk followed by a scare!

Abbot Langus

P.S I probaly guessed wrong, didnt I?
Ala Cye chapter 4 . 3/11/2010
Martin is suffering? His tapestry must be mocking the spirit Martin, if the tapestry is always smiling, and Martin is in such a state. Aww, anyway, I wish there were more stories like this...This is and always will be a great fanfiction...Please write another one like this!
Lan Gu chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
This chapter was a little more obvios then the last one, but still creepy all the same. As soon as you got to the part with the star I thought "Voodoo" and thats basiclly what the abbot was doing. Now for the thing with Martin assumptions are he will be haunted by Rose or something of that sort.