Reviews for All I Ask
mckydstarlight chapter 1 . 7/5
*actvrxnukvctfvicivcrcfvgvfvfcdcudsgfhffdsggddadcnhjhfggghhvg
Helena Dax chapter 1 . 3/31
Oh, God... So much love... When Kirk asked him that, I knew the answer before I read it. Of course Spock would leave the Fleet, of course he'd take care of Jim. *dies*
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
Nice. I love fics that add closure to the episodes that ended too quickly.
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Ah love it.
WeirdLittleStori chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
This site foolishly won't allow us to leave more than one review per story, so I've logged out in order to leave another one.

When I read this story the first time around, I had not read nearly as much Star Trek fanfic as I have now. I really enjoyed this story the first time around, but THIS time around, I see this as the definitive post-Menagerie story and have a much greater sense of how perfect this story is.

You have their personalities and their voices pitch-perfect, and your deep understanding of both characters and your ability to channel them are remarkable.

In my reading of Star Trek fan fiction, I've found that a lot of people have one favorite character and that they tend to reduce the other characters and make them smaller in order to puff up their favorite. And while Spock will always be my favorite character, Jim Kirk is an astonishing human being, and reducing him is such a serious mistake. It's a mistake YOU never make, which is part of what makes your stories so good.

One of the things I love about this story is that although Kirk is conscious of his youth and inexperience, he's actually superbly competent here. He reads Spock correctly, manages the conversation expertly, and does exactly what needs to be done in order to salvage the relationship - both professional and personal - between himself and his first officer.

Your Spock is spot-on, too, in so many ways.

I'm currently involved in writing epilogues to each of the episodes, myself, and when I get to "The Menagerie," I will have to write SOMEthing, but I will point readers to THIS tale as the definitive post-Menagerie story.

- Weird Little Stories
HeronS chapter 1 . 2/6/2016
I think this could be my favorite piece of star trek fanfiction... I hope you'll return to the fandom and write more, soon!
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
I loved the constant conflict between Spock's rigid control and his repressed emotions, not seen by some only because "they never bothered to look for them."
ShadowWriter33 chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Good story!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
Very well done. I think your take on this is right on the spot.
Tharin chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
I can't believe I didn't wrote a review to this before! I was so very sure I already did, sorry!
This is one of my favorite missing scenes you've wrote. This episode really needed such a conversation between them, and I loved how you wrote it. Especially the ending was great, and this has to be one of my favorite quotes: "(...) he's got his tall ship, and stars to steer her by; and as a bonus, someone to keep her – and her captain – on an even keel; to call his bluff and point out his error; to defend his actions and rectify his mistakes, to watch his back both now and, if he reads his Vulcan loyalty correctly, until the day he dies. And that's more than he could ever ask for." That's just really, really beautiful.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
That was lovely.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Extremely well written and believable.
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
The day he dies and beyond. I have no doubt this particular circle and outer circle will seek each other to spend a very interesting eternity together.
Hmm. I've read stories where Kirk resents the connection forged between Spock and McCoy when the Doctor is his katra-keeper. Is there any fanfic where someone points out to Kirk that it is a much prolonged and needed strengthening of the bond between two of the three and how understanding McCoy has been throughout the years of their (mental and professional) closeness?
Anyway, love it. Love your works.
Carriewhowasreading chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
This is one of those snippets into the moments we didn't seee - but reading this it feels like of course this IS WHAT HAPPENED...I will not denigrate all your hatd work in the process of writing\but it feels like the story would have wrote itself...iit flows so true to the character voices and I sincerely appreciate all of your postings!
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Great job! I was also disappointed at the loose ends from this episode, glad you managed to tie them up.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »