Reviews for All I Ask
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 4/14
I loved the constant conflict between Spock's rigid control and his repressed emotions, not seen by some only because "they never bothered to look for them."
ShadowWriter33 chapter 1 . 3/7
Good story!
Very well done. I think your take on this is right on the spot.
Tharin chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
I can't believe I didn't wrote a review to this before! I was so very sure I already did, sorry!
This is one of my favorite missing scenes you've wrote. This episode really needed such a conversation between them, and I loved how you wrote it. Especially the ending was great, and this has to be one of my favorite quotes: "(...) he's got his tall ship, and stars to steer her by; and as a bonus, someone to keep her – and her captain – on an even keel; to call his bluff and point out his error; to defend his actions and rectify his mistakes, to watch his back both now and, if he reads his Vulcan loyalty correctly, until the day he dies. And that's more than he could ever ask for." That's just really, really beautiful.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
That was lovely.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Extremely well written and believable.
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
The day he dies and beyond. I have no doubt this particular circle and outer circle will seek each other to spend a very interesting eternity together.
Hmm. I've read stories where Kirk resents the connection forged between Spock and McCoy when the Doctor is his katra-keeper. Is there any fanfic where someone points out to Kirk that it is a much prolonged and needed strengthening of the bond between two of the three and how understanding McCoy has been throughout the years of their (mental and professional) closeness?
Anyway, love it. Love your works.
Carriewhowasreading chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
This is one of those snippets into the moments we didn't seee - but reading this it feels like of course this IS WHAT HAPPENED...I will not denigrate all your hatd work in the process of writing\but it feels like the story would have wrote itself...iit flows so true to the character voices and I sincerely appreciate all of your postings!
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Great job! I was also disappointed at the loose ends from this episode, glad you managed to tie them up.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I love it. This has the ring of what would really happen. Kirk and Spock are spot-on. You follow their reasoning well in this story. In addition, Spock's unique appraisal of what he were to do if Kirk were injured the way Pike was surprised laughter out of me as I realized that Spock, again, is ten steps ahead of everyone else. I love how you show the interplay between Spock's logic and emotion.

And I love that this story is satisfying in a way mere fluff wouldn't be.
Mister D8a chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Wow, brilliantly done.
Snakequeen-in-Norway chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
That. Was. Perfect. You captured them so well. And I'm glad Kirk stopped with the charade when he did because I'm not sure how much more of Spock's pain I could stand. I love Spock. I love his and Jim's relationship. And this expressed it wonderfully, enough emotion to satisfy without being over-the-top.

-SQ
The Buzz chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
You write the Kirk & Spock relationship absolutely fabulously. Thanks for sharing.
SpockLikesCats chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Brava! Your perceptions of and adherence to the TRUE characters of Spock and Kirk are priceless.
Henna Gamgee chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Oh gosh, this made me melt! I love your characterization of both Kirk and Spock. Can't wait to read more of your stories.