Reviews for Liminal
Dizzydez1133 chapter 41 . 12/26/2023
This is one of the best sshg stories I’ve read. His character was so well written and I love that you made hermione feel realistic and not an overpowered character. This is a true masterpiece and I regret that I have just now found it.
Guest chapter 41 . 8/12/2023
Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoyed the song lists. Technical note: Hermione, Harry, and Ron would have all been 17 at the beginning of the story (Harry would have just turned17). And they would have all been able to apparate at that time at the beginning of the story and would have all already been legal adults in wizard of world (at 17) before the beginning of the story. And within the first couple chapters, Hermione would have turned 18 (in Sept of her 7th year), not 17. The story got it right with respect to Ginny, in the year behind them, turning 17 just before her 7th year at the end of the story—that should have been the same for Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Usually a discrepancy like that wouldn’t matter and the reader can just ignore, but in this case H’s age is a big deal to the story, especially with the squidgy issue of the teacher/student relationship.

Honestly, I for myself don’t cross the boundary to read fanfics with teacher/student relationships, even if the student is of age—in this case I broke my boundary and continued reading (where otherwise I would have dnf’d) because of the novel music element.

I do understand that there are caveats why it might be something that is workable in the universe of that fic, including . . . differences in culture and norms, the extremely small wizarding population making the selection pool from any one age cohort impossibly small, thus making age-difference marraiges common/accepted or even necessary. Additionally, the Edwardian/Victorian wizarding culture would have made young marraiges common/accepted as well as the common practice of arranged marriages even at young ages, etc. Also the long wizarding life-span (150 years) making a difference of 20 years not an issue. Plus there was a war on and H/S were war comrades, plus H already had a signed contract on staff so if was almost semantics as to the months in between as to when the relationship started, etc., plus with H’s early-in-the-school-year birthday she’s almost a year older than her cohort. Some fics even mention that with the additional time she went through using her time turner that adds another several months, etc.

I guess it’s to say that, even with all that (reasons why it could/should be okay for the world if that fic), the teacher/student element still bothers me. In the case of this work, I chose to compartmentalize and set it aside since there were other elements I enjoyed, but it still made me uncomfortable.
HayleeRaina chapter 12 . 8/1/2023
I know this was written over 10 years ago, but I find the fact that a song from Beauty and The Beast is in this. Considering Emma Watson played Belle just a few years later.
comfortablefantasy chapter 42 . 7/8/2023
Reading for the second time. Absolutely LOVE this story. Great writer!
TashaRose chapter 42 . 5/27/2023
I reread the story all throughout yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning today. It is still such an amazing story. Unbelievably accurate for how people were acting and the flow of the story from place to place. Great job. It is a favorite of mine.
Daboop Jones chapter 31 . 4/12/2023
wtf is wrong with this chapter? I listened to it at work and it seems like its possessed
EdDbookfan1018 chapter 41 . 5/13/2022
This was so amazing! I enjoyed the stories of the musicit was so wonderful to listen as I read. I know you finished this forever ago. I hope your life with your family has been full of lovejoy. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself.
Mantharie81 chapter 41 . 5/13/2022
I'm so glad the little king was able to be reanimated. I cried more over your little king than I did with some of the characters in the actual books, he was so flushed out as a character.
EdDbookfan1018 chapter 11 . 5/12/2022
Loved the take on the Moulin Rouge scene!
LilacGrace444 chapter 6 . 3/11/2022
If you are stilling checking this after all these years. I would love an Apple Music or Spotify playlist. I can’t do YouTube and fanfic at the same time on my phone. I’m a music teacher. This story is one of my all time favorites. I think it’s my 3rd or 4th time reading over the years
beckyzoso chapter 28 . 3/8/2022
Probably my third or fourth read through, my all time favorite fan fiction ever. Chapter 24 with the white king singing "And So it Goes" is the most romantic scene ever. I absolutely love this story!
AngelxofxDeath chapter 1 . 2/15/2022
One of my favorite stories to date. I love how things bloomed between them. I also have a new appreciation towards classical music among others. So thank you for this most beautiful piece of art!
AngelxofxDeath chapter 10 . 2/12/2022
This is absolutely beautiful so far. What a magnificent story!
MUSIC GUIDE chapter 19 . 1/17/2022
MUSIC MASTER LIST
See last chapter of story.

CURRENT YOUTUBE MUSIC VIDEO MASTERLIST
m. youtube user/ Cybrokat / playlists

[remove spaces]
Ch18 Music Amts chapter 18 . 1/17/2022
I consider this work to be Epic level, SSHG Classic work, God-Tier.

The praise for Liminal I support wholeheartedly.

It is at Ch. 18, though, that I began to see the *amount* of music (or, perhaps, the amount/or type per chaper) as Too Much Of A Good Thing.
I started skimming in the middle of the duet/s with Hermione and Ginny.

I wonder if a trim-down by up to 1/3 of the story’s musical elements would actually strengthen an already strong fic.
1,459 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »