Reviews for Voices Carry
itzaboo chapter 17 . 10/19/2013
Like the image of House removing the sharp-edged fieldstone wall in his dream. Of course the work will make him bleed. He must sacrifice himself, what he knows in order to open up and move forward.
itzaboo chapter 14 . 10/18/2013
Wow. Did Sarah peg Wilson!

"I'm saying you have an almost pathological desire to fix people just enough to make you look like the good guy. You always did, even in college. Greg fits your agenda perfectly. You give him little dribbles of help, just enough to keep him hurting and needing you. Add in all the anger and resentment you feel toward him, everything you won't admit is there right beneath the surface, and it's a wonder Greg escaped at all."

Exactly! Wilson has been able to feel superior to House for years because he helps Greg a little and then takes that help away. Then while House is in freefall, Wilson stands apart from it all. THIS is Wilson's darker nature.

Great read on Wilson's character.
itzaboo chapter 12 . 10/18/2013
This explanation for why Chase was willing to report back certainly rings true. House's departure hurt Chase deeply. He felt abandoned once more by his alcoholic mother and absent father. Chase has loved House as a father figure for quite some time - since his own father visited him and House defended him and especially since House defended him when his patient died due to negligence. House has been the strangely "good father" to Chase and it makes sense that he feels hurt not knowing what happened to House.

Remy's connection to House is also right in character. She has also held him in high regard and sincere affection for a long time too.

Nice to see these characters who are genuinely concerned for House show up.
itzaboo chapter 7 . 10/18/2013
Nicely done.
I've gotten flak for being of the opinion (and writing it into my stories) that House was telling the truth about those ice baths. There are some people who think he lied about the ice baths he told the rape victim about, maybe as a play for sympathy. Besides being totally out of character for House to actually play for sympathy, it's such a unique form of abuse I always believed he was telling the truth about it. That and the fact that at that point in their give and take, House's masks had fallen away and he was open and honest with that girl. In my opinion anyway.
itzaboo chapter 4 . 10/18/2013
Fine job of balancing House's flashbacks with the current action.
Marie Nomad chapter 11 . 12/8/2012
I got really confused. Since when was Chase called 'Rob'?
BabalooBlue chapter 17 . 11/22/2012
Another powerful story, I've enjoyed this as much as all the previous ones. I could be writing reviews for every single chapter, they're all great, each and every one.
Flatpickluvr chapter 16 . 7/22/2012
Retreading this story and still loving it!
resourceress7 chapter 15 . 11/29/2011
B,

As you know, I'm enjoying every word of this series. In fact, as a fellow Word Nerd, I love that I always learn a new word or two from each story. Thanks for the juicy vocab morsels.

Also, I love that in this chapter you reference Hugh's favorite pianist, Dr. John, and allude to Hugh's voice talent on several audiobooks.

I hope this series continues after I catch up to it in real tme. Thanks for a great, 'verse that departs seamlessly from canon, and sets House's PPTH friends/coworkers straight on their unhealthy relationships with House.
Jill's Mannequin chapter 17 . 7/7/2011
Wow. Just...wow. I'm speechless, Brig. And that doesn't happen too often O.O.

Very powerful chapter. As someone who has struggled, well, is struggling through some of these issues herself, thanks for keeping your fic true to what recovery and healing are like.

I'm enjoying this immensely. :) and now I'm off to read more!

•Jill•
Jill's Mannequin chapter 17 . 7/7/2011
Wow. Just...wow. I'm speechless, Brig. And that doesn't happen too often O.O.

I'm enjoying this immensely. :) and now I'm off to read more!

•Jill•
LANIKI chapter 17 . 8/17/2010
Okay, finished this installment. Greg is starting to realize that Sarah is a friend as well as therapist. And omg, Wilson and Cuddy and Lucas, the snake? Don't even get me started on them!

Good for Will getting some action from Remy. And Chases facing his demons is a good thing.

Glad the TENS seems to be helping with the pain. You did a lot of good research. I'm terrible at the medical stuff, so I really admire those who research it.

I am holding myself back from start the next one, because I know I won't stop reading until it's done.

Love this series!
Bloodorange172 chapter 17 . 8/16/2010
Is there more?
glenlivet19 chapter 17 . 8/11/2010
Oh, i liked the symbolism at the end with the wall. Great job. Healing is a painfl process,,, but the only way out is through,,, and House is really working on it.

Looking forward to the next part.
glenlivet19 chapter 16 . 8/11/2010
YAY! It works, it works! House can envision a whole new life now! OMG!