Reviews for Left Turn of Fate
Samantha V chapter 19 . 11/30/2012
Honestly, had to go back and re-read the chapters to refresh my memory, and I'm glad I did because I really enjoy this story.
The characters are just amazing, and now that Missouri is there I'm wondering what she's going to reveal.
Hope that you update soon!
Guest chapter 19 . 11/30/2012
Ellen! I've been waiting for that scene. Well, actually I've been waiting for Ellen and the boys, but Ellen! So yay.
Opalalchemy chapter 17 . 11/28/2012
I'm glad you're alive. Before getting into the review I just wanted to thank you for continuing this story despite whatever tragedy, overwhelming happiness, busy schedule, or just plain old procrastination that caused the delay. Reading is a much needed distraction for me, and since I'm really picky about the books I pick out I often turn to fanfiction. The best and worst thing about this website is that anyone can publish, but since there is no guarantee the true gems on this site will ever be finished the readers are often left with a half finished love affair. I understand life happens, and it is precisely because I understand that I want to thank you for updating this story. Fanfiction is a thankless form of art, and yes I did write art. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and those who put in the effort to not only imitate but add to change and create something new that is causes people to take a second look at not only the canon but the fanon as well and ask "Why did the author do things this way? How can my review inspire, provoke, and improve this writer? If I were writing this would I have done it differently?". While I wouldn't say fanfiction has made me a deeper thinker, it has made me a more observant reader. So once again I thank you for putting your ideas out into the world, opening yourself to harsh criticism from everyone, janitors to senators all over the globe.
Since I spent an inordinate amount of word space philosophizing about fanfiction my actual review will be brief and blunt. After such a long time from publishing I was impressed with how the chapters still flowed together nicely some paragraph transitions were a little choppy but they quickly regained their flow. The growing sigils is disturbing and I am not sure whether to praise you or recommend therapy. Introducing new characters like Missouri (to the fanon at least) and Jeremy was very pleasing and gave a renewed interest to what is happening out in the world besides the ever present Winchester drama although I did find Jeremy's apparent immaturity, physically and emotionally, disconcerting and hair raising. I've never known a 15 year old to act to enthusiastic about a fort and a cave. Curiosity is natural and expected when moving into a new environment but not to the extent Jeremy is showing at 15. Every time he was mentioned this chapter I kept thinking of Yellow Eyes having demons posses Sams' classmates to keep and eye on him. Hope that's not the case because Sam seriously needs a friend who is not Dean and the Winchesters plus Bobby seriously need a break.
My favorite part by far was the small scene with Ellen and John. I found it powerful in its simplicity and I enjoyed how you seamlessly meshed such powerful characters who often dominated whatever scene they were in in the show and just gave them a quiet, blunt, and emotional moment between them. Ellen and Jo Harvelle truly did not get the fleshing out and love they deserved in the show, part of that was the way Jo was introduced as a love interest for Dean, the other part the fanbase, but just from that little scene of yours I'm hoping for the level of awesome they were in season 5. They have so much potential as supporting characters I can't wait to see how you weave them into your story.
Hoping for another update relatively soon,
Opal
mayte chapter 19 . 11/28/2012
Finally! I thought you forgot us, poor readers... thank you for the update for this wonderful story, I hope next will be soon.
GLuisa88 chapter 19 . 11/27/2012
Ooh, so creepy! That was at twist I definitely didn't see coming!

Please update soon!
pandora jazz chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
Thank you for the wonderful surprise.

I'm glad that Sam has Jeremy for a new friend, but my favorite scenes are still any with Dean and Sam. I keep waiting for the moment that Dean remembers his family, especially Sam. (I also hope that Jeremy and his family are not going to cause trouble for the Winchesters.)

I enjoyed the scenes between Dean and John. It was nice that Dean let John hug him for a moment. I also like having Dean drive the Impala.

Very unsettling moment when Bobby and John looked at the pictures of Dean's wounds. I hope that they can find a way to help Dean and stop the demon. It was sad to learn that the wounds are growing.

You are doing a wonderful job of writing John. We all know he loved his boys on the show and it is coming across even better in your story. I loved this statement and thought from John, "I am not taking Sam and leaving you behind, Dean," he said. Not ever.'

I feel sorry for Sam as everyone tries to protect him from the knowledge of what happen to Dean, but it is also nice that Dean has someone that doesn't know the horror. I'm glad that Sam did tell Dean about Missouri. It was nice to have one less secret. I may never have liked Missouri on the show, but I hope she can help Dean in your story.

I was surprised John stopped to talk to Ellen.

It was nice that Dean, Sam and Bobby got to have a quiet evening before John arrived back with Missouri. I enjoyed the brother moments between Dean and Sam.

Thanks again for the update and also for the extra long chapter. :)
I know I'm being greedy, but if you have time, I hope you can post another chapter soon.
Until next time, take care.
winchestergirl1 chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
Yay thankyou for updating! I also re-read the whole lot and am now itching for more again! this is one of the best fanfics I've read - so realistic and awesome. I love the way you portray dean, and John, and Sam for that matter. There's not an overdose of fluff but it is still heartwrenchingly amazing. Poor Dean, its really disturbing his marks are growing S I hope John and everyone can help him!
I hope you update again soon, I read you had it finished, I would be beyond thrilled and grateful to see lots more updates :) xx
fifimom chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
Thanks so very much for continuing with this wonderful story. I love the new chapter.
moonligtinparadise chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
Glad you finally updated:D
Please, continue this wonderful fic:)
Vain chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
Yay! I was beyond thrilled to see you'd updated and this chapter was worth the wait. Teh suspense, it killz me. Thank you for a another great chapter and I hope you update again soon. b
Storm Music chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
Really glad to see you're still updating! This is one my favorite fics! Great chapter, and can't wait to see how it goes with Missouri in the next chapter!
claudiapriscus chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
Man, I was just thinking about this story! I'm so glad you updated it...I'm so glad to see it continued. And this is really a fantastic chapter, can't wait to see what happens next!
MysteryMadchen chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
Brilliantly written and so much missed. So glad that the story has been updated. I missed this story and am so excited to have seen another update. I hope that you have another update waiting in the wings because I'm so egar to see what Missouri will bring to the forefront and knowing that those pictures showed more than meets the eyes, was just fantastic. I hope the next update comes very soon and I really hope that you won't give up on this story and will bring it to a close, however, i hope that the close doesn't come any time soon, just many more updates. This has been one of the only stories that take a little while for the update, that I remembered when I saw it in my inbox. Usually I have to read a little bit to get to where I really remember the story but with yours the reminder of the summary got me right back into it. Thanks so much and please bring us more very soon! Nicole. :)
BranchSuper chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
It's been a while, so I reread the story to get up to speed again. Now I can't wait for the next chapter! Again! It won't be so long, yes?
zhen123 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
so excited you are still updating!
745 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »