Reviews for Hard Times
bugsymutt chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Great story! I felt their disappointment after each attempt to find a suitable location... But I enjoyed their little conversations with Ace and Scarlett, lol. This part is awesome: "That was something else no one had bothered to warn him about – how completely he was going to lose his heart to her. How he found himself defining his life by the part she played in it, the way he couldn't even imagine his world without her in it." So perfect, and I loved how it referred back to the "warnings" at the beginning of the story.
Hagan99 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Just trolling for inspiration and found this. Awesome. All I can say is awesome. Perfect mix of forward progress and tension. Totally favoriting this!
Firestar9mm chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I thought I recognized your name, and sure enough-I first came across your work in college, specifically, what you wrote with Burked (I'm a big CSI fan and just as big a GSR fan), which led me to your personal profile by extension. Your romance fics knock me out, and this is no exception-my idea of true romance is perfect partners; the idea of knowing that someone's got your six, can rush to fill all the spaces you leave empty. The older I get, the more I realize that an author's got to be a frakkin' surgeon with a pen to write romance that's sweet and yet still believable, and this (along with your other work) does both admirably. Flint's my kind of man at the end of the day-he's a MAN, a patchwork of bravado and lusts and troubles and quirks that just make me want to tell Roadblock and Clutch to get the heck out of the repair bay, then follow them out myself so as to give Flint and Jaye some well-deserved privacy and know without having to witness it that it's time well spent *_* Thank you for sharing your work; it's always a treat to read!
ImFanci chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
That was beautiful! And full of the usual humor! Just loved the way this was written from Flint's POV.
Calcitrix chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Aw...Funny and very clever! Scarlett was awesome too, as usual. Loved the non-eyeroll!
TopHat chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I'm so glad to see more F/LJ fics! Scarlett's comment about "cutting it off" was too funny! I really enjoyed reading this, espeically seeing how sweet Flint can be. It's not a side of him we usually see.
Rutga chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
This was sweet. I wasn't expecting the serious turn at the end, but it worked. I also loved the little lines you add like the tuba and Shipwreck's party.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Poor Flint and LJ. I wonder if Snake Eyes and Scarlett have an easier time finding 'alone time.'
MagD chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I loved LJ pretending to be asleep to get Flint to say he loved her! Scarlett was great helping them out. She knows what it's like. Shipwreck's Arbor Day party sounds like a cool idea for a story!
Quizbik chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
LOL!
Comix28 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
You always capture Flint and Jaye so nicely. I loved this. Even I felt frustrated lol. Great job!
Alison Hart-Burnett chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Sweet, cute story.
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
lol

poor guy
Loki22 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
That was very fun and different. Well written too, I really enjoyed it, especially a little help from Scarlett, one who knows how it can be!
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Frustrated warrant officer! Well done.