Reviews for Spin Cycle
patheticnoob chapter 16 . 8/1
You talk about making Imprinting work, but the existence of a supernatural kind of calm is just another kind of brainwashing. You're writing this a lot better than a Myerite, but things like this are still problematic.

Rachel has had to give up her dreams (or at least was emotionally blackmailed into it). She struggles with being useless except as a feminine prop. It's made clear that these relationships are hazards. This is not exactly fantasy relationship stuff.

I know the original had all of those, but if you're trying to make Imprinting work you should at least improve on the lore.
patheticnoob chapter 14 . 8/1
This chapter makes Imprinting another level of creepy. The idea that Rachel, who isn't a member of the pack or a werewolf, is suddenly bound by pack law because she's an Imprint makes the whole Imprinting situation even worse.
patheticnoob chapter 12 . 8/1
Problem. I'm pretty sure that the existence of the capacity to order implies a massive creepy factor to Imprinting. Hardly conductive to what this story is meant to be about.
DelfineNotPadfoot chapter 22 . 2/4
I never review Twilight fanfictions, because I don't read them on my computer and consequently I can't review (I don't use the internet while reading etc. but that's not the point). What I mean is you have an amazing style. Your characters are realistic, they follow natural rules of humanity, they make mistakes all the time; Rachel is vivid and sensitive and honest and not flawless, and that makes her endearing, but not annoying at all, as many characters tend to be in stories where authors want their characters not to be perfect, you see what I mean? Paul here is this sweet guy with anger issues, who makes annoying mistakes all the time, but it makes him more human - the werewolf thing doesn't explain everything. He falls in love without being mushy all of a sudden, he gives space to Rachel, and tries to give her whatever she needs - and sometimes fails miserably - and that makes him even sweeter. If characters were perfect, there would never be any story to tell (unfortunately, this happens a lot), and I think your story is nothing like those useless stories that we read out here. It was full of life and emotions and humour and anger, and I can't even start telling you how I felt when I read passages as when Jakes left or when Paul lost control and scared Rachel like never before. I think this last passage was amazingly well written and I could almost feel what she might have been feeling herself, which frightened me, haha. I was almost scared of Paul.
So yes, you created (because they had to be created) two characters, used the others perfectly while respecting the "real" storyline with the others and the events taking place at that time, and you went very deeply inside Rachel's mind without ever forgetting where you were going with your chapters and narrative bits. You always had a point and you never lost it.
So thank you for this story, and all I can say is WELL DONE! :D
m0nk3yZer0 chapter 6 . 1/5
I love the list at the end if this chapter, it's so funny :D
bex67 chapter 22 . 11/8/2014
Loved it! Thank you for not making imprinting so icky.
Zarter-4-Eva chapter 22 . 8/11/2014
Thanks for the awesome story!
Maronn chapter 22 . 10/31/2013
I really liked the story, and especially how you made it interesting with little changes without ruining the original plot. Wolves truly are the thing that made me read all the four books. Your Paul and Rachel worked for me, one of the best portraits of their characters that I have read. Thank you!
Guest chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
It's Harry Clearwater
Maxsmomma chapter 22 . 2/28/2013
Don't know if you'll see this or if you still come on to check, but I had to say that this was pretty darn amazing. You came at this with such truth - I cannot imagine the two of them getting together any other way now.

Pretty darn amazing writing and development. : )

Thank you for sharing this with us.
ThereAreMuchWorseGamesToPlay chapter 22 . 11/20/2012
It was a beautiful ending to a sweet story. Nice work though there were a few sections of this that defy what S.M. wrote, but nothing too major.
ThereAreMuchWorseGamesToPlay chapter 6 . 11/19/2012
I absolutely adore that list, you have no idea how perfect I think that matches his character. :)
ThereAreMuchWorseGamesToPlay chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
This is beautifully written so far. I love it and I think the transition from her telling the story to giving background information is flawless. Really amazing and perfect.
Christobel Cullen chapter 22 . 7/4/2012
That's all? :( I want more! Lovely story! Thanks for sharing it!
Christobel Cullen chapter 21 . 7/4/2012
I kind of like Bella not being worshiped! :) But, it is sweet that Edward wrote a letter to Rachel trying to do prep work for Bella's happiness.