Reviews for The Fire Below
Noirreigne chapter 16 . 11/23/2010
I think Blair's declaration of love broke me in two. Beautifully done. It is all so tragic and epic all at once.
Noirreigne chapter 15 . 11/23/2010
Wonderful writing. I love how canon bits of GG filter through your story. You are so clever at using GG lines to suit your purpose.

As for Marcus, he is a greater villain here then he ever was on the show. I am quite in admiration of Chuck's punch and his vow to set things right.
Noirreigne chapter 14 . 11/23/2010
The kiss. *swoons*

The heat, the passion, you write between Blair and Chuck leaps of the screen. :)
Noirreigne chapter 13 . 11/23/2010
Finally have some time to continue with my reading. Sorry that my reviewing comes in such short spurts. I would much rather take my time with your chapters then rush through them. :)

So Georgina plots and schemes and the plot thickens. I really enjoyed the short scene between Chuck and Serena. Lovely writing as always.
louboutinlove chapter 19 . 11/23/2010
Thank god he got there on time. You gotta love the sneaky Basstard. Loved Lily in this one, btw. And Carter's plan really gave me chills, I did not see it coming. As a poker player myself, I suspect Blair would be fairly good at it so I'm not worried. I shouldn't, right? Anyway, amazing as always and I fell in love with Chuck all over again when he said the people we love own us, not the other way around. You are brilliant for coming up with that.
Dr.GG chapter 19 . 11/22/2010
What a great update. I was surprised that this was a setup by Carter to get back at Chuck. Its good to know that everyone can see how much Chuck loves Blair, now only if she could see it too! I am so pleased that Chuck got there when he did, and hopefully Blair can outfox Carter to win her own freedom! I absolutely love the end, when Chuck got into bed and cuddled Blair, then he gave her his clothes to keep herself warm. It looks like these two may finally be reaching an understanding about how they feel about each other, or at least I hope so!
vivalachair chapter 19 . 11/21/2010
SO good! I'm so excited to see what's going to happen next! Please, please update soon :)
niinjjakiitten chapter 19 . 11/21/2010
wow!

that was brilliant

i love love love chuck coming to blair's rescue, it was increidbly sweet... and sexy

xx
tvrox12 chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
Great chapter!

I'm so glad Chuck got there on time! And omg again with the cliffhangers? LOL

Update SOON! :D
bethaboo chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
You are so amazing. I am kind of speechless at how amazing you truly are. I love this story so much, with marshmallows on top. Can't wait to read the poker game-though of course Blair will pwn him because she's Blair and she can manipulate people better than anyone else on earth.

I truly bow to your historical Chair expertise,

your twisted sister
Lalai chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
Awesome as always!
SaturnineSunshine chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
this. is. CRAZY.

My favorite line by far was

"We do not own the things we love, Baizen," he said, enjoying the look of consternation on the bland, handsome face. "They own us."

OMG AMAZING.

The random Vanessa interjection was sort of awesome even if I hate her and you actually made her a lady of society. I would have settled for a scullery maid.

I really enjoyed Chuck's retribution for 2x03 and punching Marucs in the face instead of the other way around. Which by the way, didn't even faze my beloved CHuck. He is awesome in every way.

I was sort of afraid Carter would have said that he actually did sleep with Blair but I'm glad that Chuck knows that she really isn't ruined. I'm hoping that Blair is good at poker because this might not end well.

I can't really remember when Blair fell from a carriage or maybe there is a subtle nuance that I am really not getting. Which is the probability. But I really liked that Chuck had to set her arm (though I'm wondering where he learned how to do that or if its just common knowledge.) Itw as very Lost-esque.

"I am truly sorry for the pain I have caused you, and I promise I will make amends – even if it takes me the rest of my life." YES! THAT JUST MADE MY LIFE. AMAZING. You know its on now. Your cliffys are the best I don't care what anyone says.

I cannot believe you're actually ending this. SADSIES. but so excited because this fic is amazing.
TruC7 chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
"You know minister I disagree with dumbledore on many accounts but you cannot deny, he's got style." LOL. So cute!- I found myself remembering dear old Phineas Negulas as I read the scene of Chuck's departure and anything that causes one to recall Harry Pitter deserves a special cheer!

Carter's plan actually really DID turn out to be diabolical and I wasn't expecting it. The best thing (among many others) about your story is that all the puzzle pieces are adding up and even if previously something had left me a little foggy, I found myself Ah-ing and Oh-ing now. Kudos to you for making the originally drab Marcus (Oh the joy I felt at the fish choking) , the sweetly poisonous stepmother (Ha! Take that byotch!) and heavily underesitimated Carter actually collectively present a rather grave adversity for Chair- of course though never something they couldn't deal with.

"You are a terrible rescuer." Lol Blair, I fail to see how

anyone could ever not have given her enough credit for her wit. The Chair reunian broke and refixed my heart. It was really beautiful as he fixed her shoulder.

We don't own the people we love. They own us. This was the Chuck everyone was searching for last season and here he appears in this fic. This dialogue captures too much of what I wanted Blair to tell at Chuck and what I wanted him to accept. These words should have been AIRED- in the treasur of what is Chair repartee this utterance is priceless.

When the ending came took me by surprise AGAIN. I wonder if I'll ever get used to that. It's not just the cliffhanger that makes me blink repeatedly, I just somehow expect (or rather crave) for the story to go on and on... I can only implore for a lovely long and very outrageous ch to come soon. The best thing is that the updates are coming so quickly these days!

It's a favorite pastime to examine and squeeze out every possible subtext from your work. I think I enjoy the prospect of reviewing almost as much as I enjoy the story :p. Good work!
abelard chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
YES YES YES. He found her, hooray! Ouch, he also had to pop her dislocated shoulder back in, yikes! But you know it actually is true with C&B that love and pain go together almost always. I love that there are two more chapts. plus an epilogue! If I send my minions after you, will you write the next part faster :) :). (Don't feel like you have to answer that.)

Can't wait for the penultimate chapter! This has been such a great ride and I feel like the best parts (with major C&B kissing, for instance) are coming up!
TriGemini chapter 19 . 11/20/2010
This chapter was really great to read.

At least, Chuck is with Blair now, that's what matters.

I'm very curious as to what Chuck is going to show Blair.

Can't wait to find out, what happens next. So, until then.
575 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »